The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browning Maxus

Default Browning Maxus

Does anybody shoot one? Good and bad opinions!

Thanks!

I bought one last year to use waterfowl hunting. Before duck season I shot a lot of dove with it, then used it during the duck season. I really like the gun. It's dependable and shoots very well. My go to gun for years has been a Citori, but I find myself taking the Maxus most of the time now.

Buck

Thanks Buck...How about cleaning, I know gas guns can be a pain to clean.

I bought one right when they came out and it's been a great gun. I've shot numerous cases of shells through it each season from trap to dove to ducks/geese to spring snows and I've never had it not cycle. I've been wading in a slough and dropped the gun to the bottom, felt around with my wader feet to recover it, splashed it around a little bit to clear the chamber and loaded up to fire every time I pulled the trigger that day. Also layout blinds in the dusty fields or muddy spring snow goose season here, still has yet to skip a beat. I've even shot it in sub zero temps and its cycled as quickly as it did shooting low brass trap loads.

Cleaning it is pretty basic and minimal effort throughout the season. I basically do a wipe down with Break Free CLP throughout the year and a deep cleaning once a season in the summer so it rarely is the spring system in the butt stock removed (once a year). The only downfall of the gun is that for spring snows I can't shoot the extended magazine like I could on a traditional auto loader.
    Cody's Gunslingin' Cosmonaut MH QAA (Shooter)

I bought a Maxus when they first came out and I love mine. I can't begin to tell you how many rounds mine has had shot through it and I have yet to have a problem with it. I am the worlds worst when it comes to caring for a gun, which should tell you how reliable they are. The few times I have cleaned it, it is very simple. Before I bought a Maxus, I had bought nothing but Beretta's for a long time, but this is my go to gun for everything now.
    Brandon Edmondson

i also bought one last year right before duck season. shot a few doves shot some skeet and shot some ducks with it not a single problem yet shoots well

I have been shooting my Maxus for the last two duck seasons. It fits me well and I shoot it great (which is dang good for me!). I love it and the only thing they could improve on would be to bring out a 20ga!

My buddy loves his and no problems thus far........

I'm still a beretta guy.......
    HR Winter Hill's Smokin Ruby "Ruby"
    Blindfaith's Dream Trip "Stella"

Great gun. Shoots really soft. I could not be happier but I have always shot brownings.

I got one last year and love it. Its really takes about 3 mins to complete strip down and clean. Could ask for a better feeling gun and no problems yet either for me. picked mine up off gun broker for 1200 about 300 cheaper than anywhere else I found.