The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Browning Maxus

I've been a dedicated Benelli man for 20 years and abandoned my beloved SBE two years ago for a 12 ga. Maxus.

No regrets. Super gun. Flawless performance.

I have a maxus hunter in wood finish I use for upland birds, and a SBE2 for fowl and I'm tempted to get rid of my benelli for another maxus. The maxus is a great gun, shoots all loads no problem easy to clean, shoulders well, no complaints.
    Cut 'em

Default Maxus

Quote Originally Posted by Retrievethis_Kennels View Post
    I got one last year and love it. Its really takes about 3 mins to complete strip down and clean. Could ask for a better feeling gun and no problems yet either for me. picked mine up off gun broker for 1200 about 300 cheaper than anywhere else I found.
    I have one and love it. I had been hunting with my gold hunter, but when I saw and picked up the Maxus I was sold. So light, no recoil and speed loading ,a Browning trademark ,tops all others hands down. If you've never hunted with a Browning you don't know what you are missing. I also own two Citori's;12 and 20 gauge,a Gold Hunter 12 gauge, an A-5 Stalker 12 gauge, and an A-5 20 gauge. Did I mention "Speed loading" and John Browning who invented semi automatic shotguns?
    Keep your dogs clean, dry and comfortable. Check out my chewproof crate mats at www.natsmats.com.

I bought a Browning Maxus this past spring and so far I am really impressed. I have only shot a couple of rounds of sporting clays with it just to get use to the gun but I really enjoy shooting it. Mine is in the duck blind finish and I really like the fit and feel of the gun. I just wished they would come out with on in 20 gauge. If they did I would own one in a couple of weeks. I too have shot a Benelli for years and this gun feels just as good as a Benelli. My friend owns a gun shop and I cold have gotten any Beretta, Browning, Winchester, Remington and a few other brands of auto loaders but the Maxus just felt the best in my hands. If money were and issue I wold have went with the Winchester since they felt about the same but were a little cheaper by a few hundred dollars. This is the first auto loader that I have bought since 1997. Get a Browning you won't be sorry.