The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Endless corruption?

Default Endless corruption?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...inton-brother/

The fellow who has been nominated for deputy head of DHS, and who will run the agency until Janet Napolitano's replacement is named ... he helped get some special visas for some Chinese businessmen when they had previously been denied, and then an appeal rejected.

Chinese businessmen appear to use these special business visas more than anyone else. They are connected to investments. One of these Chinese investments is a new building for the FBI. The FBI doesn't feel too comfortable with the Chinese being involved with building their facility. Can you think of why?

Read the article, it's quite interesting. Boggles my mind at the things that are going on behind the scenes in so many places in our govt. Hillary has two brothers who appear to the same kind of wheeler dealer that she is.

The article mentions that this probe into this fellow was first reported by AP.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

It never stops, does it? UB

Jesse Jackson's Newest Staff Member

Mel Reynolds

Jesse Jackson has added former Chicago Democrat Congressman Mel to Rainbow/PUSH Coalition's payroll. Reynolds was among the 176 criminals excused in President Clinton's last-minute forgiveness spree. Reynolds received a commutation of his six-and-a-half-year federal sentence for 15 convictions of wire fraud, bank fraud, and lies to the Federal Election Commission. He is more notorious, however, for concurrently serving five years for sleeping with an underage campaign volunteer.
    This is a first in American politics: An ex-congressman who had sex with a subordinate....won clemency froma president who had sex with a subordinate...then was hired by a clergyman who had sex with a subordinate
    His new job? Ready for this??
    **** YOUTH COUNSELOR ****

IS THIS A GREAT COUNTRY OR WHAT?

CONFIRMED BY:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/reynolds.asp

When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Maybe the thread title should have also included incompetence?
    When Republicans voted for the farm bill two weeks ago, they not only voted to continue the unjustifiable payment of subsidies to private interests, they also voted to continue supporting many agencies within the Department of Agriculture that over the last four years have paid millions of dollars to dead people. The Government Accountability Office issued a report last week with the somewhat funny title “Farm Programs: The USDA needs to do more to prevent improper payments to deceased individuals.” TheNew York Times reports:
    The Natural Resources Conservation Service, which oversees the Agriculture Department’s conservation programs, sent out $10.6 million in payments between 2008 and 2012 to more than 1,000 people who had been dead for more than a year, according to the report.
    The Risk Management Agency, which administers the crop insurance program, paid $22 million to more than 3,400 policyholders who had been dead for at least two years. The G.A.O. said that some of those payments might have been made while the farmer was still alive, but that there was no way to know for sure.
    Sadly, I am not surprised, and I don’t expect it to end. There will be a lot hand-waving and talking about better oversight, but in the end things will continue their merry way and money will continue to flow to agencies that are terrible stewards of our tax dollars.
    Think about how many GAO reports come out every year identifying some sort of waste, fraud, and abuse. Think about the number of reports put out by Senator Coburn’s officeeach year about the many programs and spending items that clearly should be terminated. Think about the number of hearings where witnesses, government watchdogs, and IGs identify overpayments, duplicative programs, and more.
    I have participated myself in many such hearings (here, for instance), and I can tell you that nothing ever comes out of them. One reason is that such reform-minded reports don’t bind appropriators, so they ignore them. There is a long track record of congressmen appropriating funds for a program whether we need it or not, whether the money goes to dead farmers or not, whether the program benefits one firm at the expense of the others, whether it benefits an industry at the expense of its consumers, or whether there are 54 other programs doing the exact same thing. Lawmakers in Congress have been captured by private interests and will continue to support programs even in the face of clear evidence that they shouldn’t (the latest Republican vote on the farm bill is a good example of that.)
    At the end of the day, I have very little faith in the ability of lawmakers to police themselves. In fact, in most cases the best way to avoid wasting taxpayers’ money isn’t to improve oversight, but instead to shrink the size of government and eliminate whole programs. Many of them shouldn’t exist at the federal level anyway and should fall under the purview of the state and local governments or the private sector. While there will still be waste, fraud, and abuse in a smaller goverment (especially if the decision-making process and the incentives for politicians to be captured by special interests remain the same), it is easier to effectively oversee fewer programs. That’s the case I made hereseveral years ago.
    Until then, our money will continue to go to specal interests — dead or alive.
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/page/1/0
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.