The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Obama Hits The Campaign Trail

Default Obama Hits The Campaign Trail

Excerpts from his speech in Galesville, IL
    With this endless parade of distractions and political posturing and phony scandals, Washington's taken its eye off the ball. And I'm here to say this needs to stop. There are Republicans in Congress right now who privately agree with me on a lot of the ideas I'll be proposing. I know because they've said so. But they worry they'll face swift political retaliation for cooperating with me.
    Nah, nothing really happened at the IRS, or NSA, or Benghazi, or EPA.

Last I knew, the POTUS was part of Washington, and he's been there for quite a while, so why hasn't he made it stop yet?

A better bargain for the middle class and the folks who are working to get into the middle class, an economy that grows from the middle-out, not the top down, that's where I will focus my energies. Not just for the next few months, but for the remainder of my presidency. These are the plans that I'll lay out across this country. What makes us special, it's not the ability to generate incredible wealth for the few. It's our ability to give everything a chance to pursue their own true measure of happiness.
    He's going to focus on jobs for the rest of his presidency? Maybe after this campaign tour? Maybe after the 2014 elections? Wonder how he's going to grow the economy from the middle out? This sounds sort of familiar. (LOL! I just read an AP piece, and they said the same thing ... a familiar tune).

With all these campaign tours, is it about time that people just tune him out?
    Last edited by Gerry Clinchy; 07-24-2013 at 09:41 PM.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    is it about time that people just tune him out?
    ....and turn their focus to the rising republican star?? Sure. Why not?
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Now... Is that a reply? Or is it Internet post stalking?
    Bill Davis

Hugh, why not indeed? Whoever that is could be no worse than this guy.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Now... Is that a reply? Or is it Internet post stalking?
    What is your considered opinion? JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Hugh, why not indeed? Whoever that is could be no worse than this guy.
    The lesser of two evils has not served us well at this point. Is that all we have to wish for in the future? Personally, I would hope for a strong charasmatic conservative leader to emerge in the future. Anything to break the do-nothing gridlock that stands in the way now. JD

The lesser of two evils has not served us well at this point. Is that all we have to wish for in the future? Personally, I would hope for a strong charasmatic conservative leader to emerge in the future. Anything to break the do-nothing gridlock that stands in the way now. JD
    Why? I doubt they could get elected under the current system.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Excerpts from his speech in Galesville, IL
    Ahem. Not to put to fine a point on it, it was Galesburg Ill. I graduated form Knox and worked as the assistant city manager in Galesburg.

I've already written to both the Galesburg Register-Mail and to the Dean of the College that it was wholly inappropriate to give a platform to a purely political speaker.

Knox was the site of a Lincoln-Douglas debate. This gave both sides of the issue a chance to hear and to decide. The President need to realize that the election is over and that he needs to lead the government and nation towards fixing the problems we face. Apparently we (the people) don't feel that he's working to solve the right problems or that his solutions aren't the right ones.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Sorry, Eric, didn't mean to mess up on Galesburg ...

It occurs to me ... on this campaign tour of Obama's where he's focusing on jobs and the economy ... does he have a stop planned in Detroit? If any place needs some jobs, it sure would be Detroit!
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

[QUOTE=Gerry Clinchy;1130239]Sorry, Eric, didn't mean to mess up on Galesburg ...

It occurs to me ... on this campaign tour of Obama's where he's focusing on jobs and the economy ... does he have a stop planned in Detroit? If any place needs some jobs, it sure would be Detroit![/QUOTE]

He doesn't need to Gerry, he already saved Detroit...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uJaidchgQzs
    Bill Davis