The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many RTFers and RTFettes have actually gotten involved?

Default How many RTFers and RTFettes have actually gotten involved?

Many of us talk about what's happening, but are we actually getting into the act? Do we actively persue our beliefs and contact our Congressional reps and give them out opinions? Whenever I hear an interview with these politicians, they all claim that their constituants comments, in any form, are paid attention to. I'd like to believe that. In my case, I know my Senator...Thune...and Congress lady Kristy Noem
    DO listen to what I have to say, as does our Republican candidate for next years Senate race. Of course they aren't in full accord with my views, but their principles on issues are agreeable to me.

Time to once again let your representatives and senators know where you stand on the upcoming debt ceiling vote, as well as your views on Obamacare. Doesn't matter how often you've yanked their chain, it's important we stay vocal on these issues.

UB

Defund Or Be Challenged

By: Erick Erickson (Diary) |

Moderate Democrats are retreating from Obamacare
    , according to the Washington Post. Hospitals are retreating from Obamacare. Americans broadly doubt Obamacare will help them. Consumers in most states wont see reductions in premiums for their healthcare, contrary to what the Democrats claimed. In fact, there are twenty-seven ways in which Obamacare will increase the costs of your healthcare. In the meantime, Obamacare is costing jobs in Ohio and elsewhere. The restaurant industry is reducing hours of employees and cutting full time workers.

Why would Republicans keep funding a law that hurts so many people and is so unpopular? Why would they do that?

Republicans in Congress have a choice this fall with the latest continuing resolution. They can choose to not include funding for the implementation of Obamacare. Negotiate everything, but make that their line in the sand. If the Democrats choose to shut down the government over an unpopular law that hurts people, it is their choice. Republicans should not fund Obamacare.

Any Republican who chooses to fund Obamacare should be primaried. The advertisements write themselves. Republicans, by voting to fund Obamacare, are putting people out of work, driving up healthcare costs, and hurting families. Republicans are not listening to voters who hate the law if they fund Obamacare.

Right now in the Senate there are fifteen Republicans who have signed a letter saying they will not vote for any continuing resolution that funds Obamacare. They would rather the Democrats shut down the government than destroy lives by funding this legislation. Call these Senators today and tell them thank you and tell them to hold strong.

SENATOR
    STATE
    PHONE NO.
    Marco Rubio Florida (202) 224-3041
    James Risch Idaho (202) 224-2752
    Mark Kirk Illinois (202) 224-2854
    Chuck Grassley Iowa (202) 224-3744
    Rand Paul Kentucky (202) 224-4343
    David Vitter Louisiana (202) 224-4623
    Roger Wicker Mississippi (202) 224-6253
    Deb Fischer Nebraska (202) 224-6551
    Jeff Chisea New Jersey (202) 224-3224
    James Inhofe Oklahoma (202) 224-4721
    John Thune South Dakota (202) 224-2321
    John Cornyn Texas (202) 224-2934
    Ted Cruz Texas (202) 224-5922
    Mike Lee Utah (202) 224-5444
    Mike Enzi Wyoming (202) 224-3424

If your own Republican in the Senate is not on this list call him and ask him to sign Senator Mike Lees letter and pledge to refuse funding of Obamacare in the continuing resolution.
    Why would the GOP vote to fund something that harms so many?
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

I have contacted mine... Unfortunately, here in TN, we are represented by RINOs of the first order.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Many of us talk about what's happening, but are we actually getting into the act? Do we actively persue our beliefs and contact our Congressional reps and give them out opinions??
    I get to chat with both of our senators at least once a month in person. Bernie is fun to talk to, Pat not so much. He is more of a "let me tell you what you need" type of guy. and our gov and house of rep, both named Peter also come in. I work in a great spot for Vt. poly ticks. Now, they almost never do anything I ask. But I do actualy get to talk with person to person our Vt. guys. I have fun with it and more than once when they are talking with my boss I will get called out of the kitchen with a "Lets see what the gun owner or the hunter, thinks about this" oddly bernie sanders has always been good to us vt hunters. we did get him in offive after the "Big Lie peter smith" fiasco.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

odd 12 hours and nobody else typed.
    are Bill and I the only ones who talk to our elected folks??
    anyone else at all???
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

BTW today my local news told me my house rep peter welsh who I mentioned above voted against something to do with the NSA info gathering crap. Good for him! he knows me by name and I run my fingers through his food!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    BTW today my local news told me my house rep peter welsh who I mentioned above voted against something to do with the NSA info gathering crap. Good for him! he knows me by name and I run my fingers through his food!
    He might have voted against the amendment that was meant to restrain the NSA info-gathering crap. In which case, you've been snookered. I believe it was Amish that proposed the amendment, and it got quashed.

Thanks, for the list of who signed Lee's letter. I was looking for that. PA has one R senator (Dent) and one D senator (Casey).
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Sorry Ken.....new job!! Been offline! I do contact mine. Our Senators are a waste so far. Form letters ALL the time. House of Reps is much better, but still need both sides. I don't think they care about anything else except getting re-elected. Frustrating but I keep trying anyway...

Sue Puff
    Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com

We contact our reps. One, Brown, is a huge liberal/progressive. The other, Portman, wants to be somebody when he grows up. Our congressman, Gibbs, is a pretty good guy. I speak to him in person evey year or two. We had a meet and greet for him in our home when he first ran.

It is easy to feel like your input doesn't matter. But, we need to keep at it.

Tom
    Tom Wall

I do, but more emails than personal contact. I get tired of the form letter response.
    Goldens Rule !!!

Here's the linguini spined un-principled power hungry 'establishment'...the RINO types the Republican party continues to bow to. They and the Democrats will succeed in taking the entire nation down with them. It's beyond belief as to how blatently these fools have become so worried about 'not getting along' with the opposition, they are willing to sell out to this regime's programs of destruction.

If the conservatives can't get Obamacare stopped at this time, and we don't rid the nation of a batch of these type losers in 2014, the county will be TU for the forseeable future.

UB

Do These Republican Senators Support Obamacare?

By: Dana Loesch (Diary) |

A supremely unpopular bill already a proven trainwreck before (delayed) implementation is even fully in effect:
    Moderate Democrats are retreating from Obamacare, according to the Washington Post. Hospitals are retreating from Obamacare. Americans broadly doubt Obamacare will help them. Consumers in most states won’t see reductions in premiums for their healthcare, contrary to what the Democrats claimed. In fact, there are twenty-seven ways in which Obamacare will increase the costs of your healthcare. In the meantime, Obamacare is costing jobs in Ohio and elsewhere. The restaurant industry is reducing hours of employees and cutting full time workers.
    The below Senators have not signed Sen. Mike Lee’s letter to force the defunding of Obamacare by blocking a continuing resolution on government spending — snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Any vote for any funding of Obamacare is a vote for it. If these below senators aren’t interested in defunding it — the only way we have right now of stopping it — how can we trust them to support a repeal? Obamacare is hurting us now. If these elected officials won’t act to stop it we need to find those who will. Pick which narrative scares you the most, ladies and gentlemen.
    Sen. Lamar Alexander – Twitter: @LamarAlexander | Facebook | Contact
    Sen. Kelly Ayotte – Twitter: @KellyAyotte | Facebook | Contact
    Sen. John Barrasso- Twitter: @SenJohnBarrasso | Facebook | Contact
    Sen. Roy Blunt – Twitter: @RoyBlunt | Facebook | Contact
    Boozman – Twitter: @JohnBoozman | Facebook | Contact
    Sen. Richard Burr – Twitter: @SenatorBurr | Facebook | Contact
    Sen. Saxby Chambliss – Twitter: @SaxbyChambliss | Facebook | Contact
    Sen. Bob Corker – Twitter: @SenBobCorker | Facebook | Contact
    Sen. John Cornyn – Twitter: @JohnCornyn | Facebook | Contact
    Sen. Lindsey Graham – Twitter: @GrahamBlog | Facebook | Contact
    Sen. Dean Heller – Twitter: @DeanHeller | Facebook | Contact
    Sen. Johnny Isakson - Twitter: @SenIsakson | Facebook | Contact
    Sen. Mike Johanns - Twitter: @Mike_Johanns | Facebook | Contact
    Sen. John McCain – Twitter: @SenJohnMcCain | Facebook |Contact
    Sen. Mitch McConnell - Twitter: @McConnellPress | Facebook | Contact
    Sen. Jerry Moran - Twitter: @JerryMoran | Facebook | Contact
    Sen. Pat Roberts - Twitter: @SenPatRoberts | Facebook | Contact
    Sen. Tim Scott - Twitter: @SenatorTimScott | Facebook | Contact
    Sen. Richard Shelby – Twitter: @SenShelbyPress | Facebook | Contact
    Sen. Pat Toomey - Twitter: @SenToomey | Facebook | Contact
    Sen. Roger Wicker – Twitter: @SenWicker | Facebook | Contact
    ADDED: I have NO IDEA why Senators Lee, Cruz, Paul, and others aren’t in front of every single television camera that will have them to explain this to people. Don’t call out a war and then not engage to win. This is winnable. Once the freebies – and delayed pain — start rolling in, it’s fait accompli. The time to stop it is now.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.