The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scatter Creek

Default Scatter Creek

I had a post going but lost it before I could post it. Open tough. Flyer is long bird way out using the whole property. Test dog didn't do it. running into sun. Changed test but not much. One dog got a bumper. Casey got 2 birds and handled on flyer. I don't think he got it. Hopefully it will improve or they will scrap it. That is all I know.
    Field trialer. I have an FC Golden Retriever and running trials Casey and a retired FT black lab Lightning.
    Marie Annette Doherty

Hope for the best Marie

Jeff
    Jeff Gruber
    working on pelts
    Duckponds Prize Package
    CK'S Contessa (avatar)
    Ice Chilled Juice

update on Scatter Open. Scraped the test after 15 dog failed. Reason they gave was Marion's dog ran into barbed wire. Sorry for the dog and owner but happy they scrapped it.
    Field trialer. I have an FC Golden Retriever and running trials Casey and a retired FT black lab Lightning.
    Marie Annette Doherty

Just to clarify ... there were several dogs that had done the test without a handle before they scrapped the test. I believe the reason they scrapped the test was the injury to the dog and finding the hidden barbed wire fence that apparently caused the injury. I'm glad they were conscientious enough to check the field and change the test.
    Judy

CFC-CAFC Heads Up Tracks in the Taiga MH, WC ***, Can. WCI, JFTR, QFTR - U.S. all-breed Amateur placements/JAMS, Am-Can Qual Wins (Trek) 1/31/07

Heads Up Dash to the Taiga WC **(Dart) 10/29/12

Can. GMH Coppertop Wind in the Taiga MH, WCX **, Can. CD, WCX, QFTR *** (Breeze) 9/5/00 - 9/30/10

Photo of one-year-old Trek by Greg Gersbach

Wow.So sorry for Marion.I hope it's not bad.See ya'll tomorrow.
    Jeff Gruber
    working on pelts
    Duckponds Prize Package
    CK'S Contessa (avatar)
    Ice Chilled Juice

Thanks for the clarification Judy. It is appreciated. Hope all goes well for you!
    Marie Annette Doherty

We would appreciate any information on the qualifying. Thanks!
    Blindfaith
    The beginning is often scary, the end is usually sad, but fortunately, it's the middle that counts the most.

My husband just called. They scrapped the Open around 1:15 after 26 dogs had run. Only 4 dogs had done it. 4 dogs got hurt on barbwire. Apparently after 4 injuries, they walked the grounds and found it. 2 so far have had to go to a vet. One of the two dogs is our Ruby. The first dog left for the vet with a torn leg needing stitches. (Marion's dog but I don't know which one.) Don did not know the extent of the other 2 injured dogs. He only knew about the one with the torn leg because he saw it. Sorry, I didn't think to ask which of Marion's dog that was.

Don is on the way to the vet right now with Ruby who came back with a badly ripped tongue. I don't know if they can stitch a tongue (bleeding profusely, big tear), but he hopes so. It is very likely she will have to be scratched from Scatter Creek and from the Northwest trial at Carnation. I am more concerned about her injury and the pain she is in. It isn't easy sitting home in No. Calif. while all of this is happening in Washington. If I was there holding Ruby and trying to stop the bleeding, I would be a basket case. I am a basket case right now at home.

Helen
    Last edited by helencalif; 07-26-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Helen I am so sorry to hear that Ruby is injured. Hopefully they were able to stitch up her tongue and it will heal quickly.
    So if I am reading this correctly is this the second scrap?
    Last edited by Annette; 07-26-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    Marie Annette Doherty

So sorry to hear that Helen! I hope Ruby heals well and quickly!!! I'd be a basket case, too...