The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Retriever club favoritism

Might be worth mentioning and possibly discuss adding this on premiums; I've seen numerous AKC dog show premiums which clearly state the dogs not entered in the show shall not be permitted on the show grounds / facility. This keeps general joe public from bringing in dogs. They do this at the Quest Field venue for the big Seattle Kennel Club show all the way to shows at the local fairgrounds.

It seems this policy and even just the wording on a premium would nip numerous potential issues in the bud.

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    There would be an all due respect get the F off my property, especially if I lived there.
    Then that would show exactly the true nature of you and your thoughts on the rules and regs of a test.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    But think how boring RTF would be without our ranting and raving over what are generally very isolated incidents of folks not using common sense
    Think about how much dicier it would be if we had all the facts!!
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

Quote Originally Posted by metalone67 View Post
    Then that would show exactly the true nature of you and your thoughts on the rules and regs of a test.
    Actually you should think your quote again unless you have the grounds to put on a trial. These grounds are very hard to get and those with the gold, as in banking, really make the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Labs View Post
    You must have never run a male dog at a test or training with a "in season" female around....if you have given up 70 bucks and failed a test and that was the reason, you would know why it's in place....
    Did your male tell you that was the reason he failed the test?
    'I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.' - Bear Bryant / Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by mnadams View Post
    Hit the nail on the head with this response. A whole society and generation that only cares about themselves. Who needs to have it "spelled out?' Common sense has left the building...!
    And they VOTE!
    John C aka jacduck

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

Quote Originally Posted by metalone67 View Post
    So let me get this straight. I let a club use my land that I live on and I am supposed to take my bitch off my property because of it? I am going to guess you don't deal with land owners willing to let clubs use their land.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Be reasonable here, come on! If they are going to use my land and I have a bitch in heat, common curtesy I would make arragements to move my bitch to a friends for those days, Come on. This all started from someone breeding at a hunt test, how they heck did this get to this? Common sense, courtesy, respect, sportsmanship is all that should be needed. Pretty simple

"This ain't Burger King, you don't get it your way"

Backwater's Ole' Crow Medicine Show SH "Raven" BLF 7/26/11 (NFC FC AFC Hunter's Run Boo Boo x AFC Beat The Rush)
    Backwater's Gun Powder 'N' Lead "Trigger" BLF 6/30/12 ( FC AFC CJ's Mister T x FC Queen Winhelmina of the Netherlands)
    Backwater's Biker Trash "Scooter" BLM 9/6/2013 (FC AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger x Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA)

Be reasonable here, come on! If they are going to use my land and I have a bitch in heat, common curtesy I would make arragements to move my bitch to a friends for those days, Come on. This all started from someone breeding at a hunt test, how they heck did this get to this? Common sense, courtesy, respect, sportsmanship is all that should be needed. Pretty simple
    When a rancher drives through your test because he is out moving cows and the contestant gets an unfortunate interruption. is it wise to chastise the rancher? For those that say a land owner should remove his dog in season from the property If a trial is going on is ummmm errrr lacking in common sense IN my LCSNSHO. I think you should cancel the trial instead. This way you don't risk pissing off the land owner. Ask him when he thinks the dog will be out of season and reschedule the trial.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBoley View Post
    Did your male tell you that was the reason he failed the test?
    I don't run males...but have seen first hand at what a female in heat does to the mind of a male dog....