The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Retriever club favoritism

Quote Originally Posted by Labs View Post
    ....by the way, any person with a white paper towel can establish if the bitch was in season...they don't need a vet on the grounds to establish this....

Is that the only reason that a bitch could be bleeding.

BTW at what point in the "in season" cycle is the bitch not allowed on the grounds. Is it in the Anestrus. or the Proestrus or the Estrus or Diestrus , or all of them ?

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 07-27-2013 at 10:44 AM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Was not the "in heat" state of the bitch stipulated by all the concerned parties?

I think we are losing the point of the original question ... what was or was not, could or could not, should or should not have been done if the bitch was, in fact, in heat (as everyone WHO WAS PRESENT seems to agree)?

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by oldftdog View Post
    Later was caught on film tying the dogs on club grounds. The photographer filed a complaint with the hunt test committee.
    Are you saying someone photographed her breeding dogs on the grounds and took those photos to the HT Committee? If you are, what more needs to be said? Not sure how a HTC could decline to take action with photos of said handler breeding dogs on the grounds. If they did not take action I would file a complaint with AKC and include the photographic evidence.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    The vet check has nothing to do with a bitch in season being on the grounds. The vet check in the paragraph you cite refers only to the issue of supporting a refund request for a bitch that is in season. It has nothing to do with whether she can be permitted on the grounds. Simply put, she's not allowed on the grounds ion season.

The bitch should not have been on the grounds if the owner/handler was local. I can see an exception for a person who is on the road and days from home. Under my "exception", no one would know she was there. For example, boarding the dog locally. If that's not feasible, the person ought to be very, very circumspect and not let their dog interfere with the activities of others in any fashion. To do so disrespects the very nature of the games that we play from the standpoint of "sportsmanship". Shame on the participant.

The committee ought to be taken to task over their inaction. They accepted the responsibility to act in such cases on behalf of AKC when they agreed to serve. Shame on the committee.
    Two to tango here, folks. What about the unsportsmanship of the stud owner that participated with his dog. Does he get a pass?
    Terrie Tomlinson
    Frontier Retrievers
    HR Five Star Winning Sue SH
    Young Guns: Frontier's True Grit With a Cause "Rooster" and Frontier's Gossip Girl With A Cause "Gabby"
    Boykin Spaniels: Max, Scarlet, Rummy, Jewels, Bella, Molly, and Piper

In Memory:
    HRCH Frontier's Cherokee Rebel MH (5-9-2000 to 12-6-2011)
    Moonstone's Little Girl Found MH (3-20-1998 to 5-2-2008)
    Calebri's Take the Money and Run JH (3-3-2008 to 6-20-2012)

Devils advocate: Lets assume everything the OP says is true. (No reason not to)

What are the ramifications to the parties involved????

It's history now. What are the penalties, and to whom?

Just curious.

Randy

P.S. Not condoning the act....It's poor form by ALL involved.
    May you pin all the marks and line the blinds!!

Avatar courtesy of RTF"s TZAPPIA

What year were those rules written ?Were they written back when the amatuer with 1 or 2 dogs was the norm,, or were they written when a caravan of truck loads of dogs congregated on the same co-ordinates at the same time far away from home for long periods of time.
    Should it still be illegal to eat peanuts and walk backwards on sunday in one of those southern states, I'm sure at the time there was a reason for it,.
    Maby old rules need to be revamped to apply to the 21st century.
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What year were those rules written ?Were they written back when the amatuer with 1 or 2 dogs was the norm,, or were they written when a caravan of truck loads of dogs congregated on the same co-ordinates at the same time far away from home for long periods of time.
    Should it still be illegal to eat peanuts and walk backwards on sunday in one of those southern states, I'm sure at the time there was a reason for it,.
    Maby old rules need to be revamped to apply to the 21st century.
    Pete
    You must have never run a male dog at a test or training with a "in season" female around....if you have given up 70 bucks and failed a test and that was the reason, you would know why it's in place....

A little common sense needs to apply here at some point. You can parse the rules any way you want. The intent is to not have bitches in heat on the grounds, because, as we all know some male dogs could be affected adversely.

It's called sportsmanship.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by frontier View Post
    Two to tango here, folks. What about the unsportsmanship of the stud owner that participated with his dog. Does he get a pass?
    I'm not certain that the act of breeding does anything more to cause a problem than just her being on the grounds. However, certainly the stud owner should have refused the breeding at that location as a matter of sportsmanship. His dog would not have caused the issue but by agreeing to the breeding at that location, he was an enabler. His case should have been presented to the committee as well though the specifics are not in the rules other than sportsmanlike conduct. He or his dog shouldn't get a pass on the basis of "boys will be boys."
    Last edited by Eric Johnson; 07-27-2013 at 11:46 AM.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by frontier View Post
    No, he does not.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke