The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 103

Thread: Retriever club favoritism

  1. #31
    Senior Member badbullgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    somewhere between Boca Grande and Mims
    Posts
    7,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    I'm not certain that the act of breeding does anything more to cause a problem than just her being on the grounds. However, certainly the stud owner should have refused the breeding at that location as a matter of sportsmanship. His dog would not have caused the issue but by agreeing to the breeding at that location, he was an enabler. His case should have been presented to the committee as well though the specifics are not in the rules other than sportsmanlike conduct. He or his dog shouldn't get a pass on the basis of "boys will be boys."
    The act of breeding proves the bitch was in season. The stud owner, if he knew this was taking or going to take place on the grounds would seem to me to be guilty unsportsmanlike conduct. If he was unaware of the situation he would not. I would to as far as saying even if he knew she brought the bitch, but did not know of her plans to breed on grounds he is not unsportsmanlike as he is not responsible for her actions up until he becomes a willing participant
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    You must have never run a male dog at a test or training with a "in season" female around....if you have given up 70 bucks and failed a test and that was the reason, you would know why it's in place..
    I train often with bitches in season and they sit on my truck ta boot. And I have run events my entire doggy career where other people have had bitches in season on their vehicle. Its there and always has been since I've been around.

    Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 07-27-2013 at 01:07 PM.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    QUOTE]]The act of breeding proves the bitch was in season. The stud owner, if he knew this was taking or going to take place on the grounds would seem to me to be guilty unsportsmanlike conduct. If he was unaware of the situation he would not. I would to as far as saying even if he knew she brought the bitch, but did not know of her plans to breed on grounds he is not unsportsmanlike as he is not responsible for her actions up until he becomes a willing participant[ UNQUOTE ]

    I have had a 9 month old puppy lock up with a 13 year old bitch when she wasn't close to being in season. So not necessarily proof

    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pa.
    Posts
    5,317

    Default

    Was there ever a signed written complaint submitted to the HT committee as required ?



    john
    Last edited by john fallon; 07-27-2013 at 03:29 PM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

    "A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

  5. #35
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,172

    Default

    Sure seems to be a lot of rationalizing of questionable behavior going on... Personal responsibility and accountability anyone?
    Bill Davis

  6. #36
    Senior Member Good Dogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldftdog View Post
    A few weeks ago it was obvious to everyone there was a bitch in heat on the grounds. The person with this dog in her possession was warned and admitted to it. But as a breeder replied its a 3 day test and I need to breed her. Later was caught on film tying the dogs on club grounds. The photographer filed a complaint with the hunt test committee I had overheard the committee expressing concern for what theses accusations would do to her career and lively hood I have since found out nothing was done because the hunt test committee refused to act. Just makes me wonder who of us in the same scenario would be still competing.
    Personal responsibility and accountability go both ways. The only way we can enforce reasonable standards of good sportsmanship is to take personal responsibility and action as appropriate. If someone has first-hand knowledge of a reportable event and does nothing, IMO he/she is just as complicit as the alleged perpetrator. In the above instance if a complaint was in fact filed with the event committee and the committee took no action then that should be reported to the AKC. If the event committee concluded after an initial investigation that there was no basis for the complaint it cannot hold a hearing, end of discussion. However, the event report must include the facts as reported to the committee and what actions the committee did or did not take. If you have first hand knowledge of the event as related in your post you should report the same to the AKC, not just "wonder who of us in the same scenario would be still competing."
    And I am now standing down from my soapbox.

  7. #37
    Senior Member HNTFSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    I don't know how they do it where you come from, but official bitch checks at events for whatever reason are usually done by a vet.

    It is not a quantum leep to think that for a HT committee meeting for disconduct that hinges on the reproductive condition of a bitch, that the bitch check of that bitch would be done by a vet.

    john
    John - you keep trying to make a different point when the last meets valid resistance. Your original input was on the 'rules' Chapter 1, Section 5. Now it's on official vet 'certified' checks onsite. Even though, the rules only state the Veterinary requirement is for Scratch reimbursement. And you continually fail to acknowledge the accused stated that dog was indeed in 'heat' but failed to leave the grounds with the obvious intent (as apparently photographed) to breed on grounds.

    What's your point? Your club has vets on hand and you force a bitch check by an animal doctor even on those dogs who have already stated their dog is hot?
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

  8. #38
    Senior Member Swampcollie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Wyoming, MN
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    Was there ever a signed written complaint submitted to the HT committee as required ?



    john
    This is an important one. Somebody needs to step forward and put a complaint in writing. If no written complaint is received, the committee can't act.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pa.
    Posts
    5,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
    John - you keep trying to make a different point when the last meets valid resistance. Your original input was on the 'rules' Chapter 1, Section 5. Now it's on official vet 'certified' checks onsite. Even though, the rules only state the Veterinary requirement is for Scratch reimbursement. And you continually fail to acknowledge the accused stated that dog was indeed in 'heat' but failed to leave the grounds with the obvious intent (as apparently photographed) to breed on grounds.

    What's your point? Your club has vets on hand and you force a bitch check by an animal doctor even on those dogs who have already stated their dog is hot?
    Did you know that there is but one place in the rules that addresses bitches in season that is chapter 1 section 5 If the rules there allow for a vet exam for such a trivial matter as a scratch reimbursement it would stand to reason (read common sense would dictate) that a matter as important as a misconduct hearing would warrant the same due diligence.

    john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

    "A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

  10. #40
    Senior Member HNTFSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    Did you know that there is but one place in the rules that addresses bitches in season that is chapter 1 section 5 If the rules there allow for a vet exam for such a trivial matter as a scratch reimbursement it would stand to reason (read common sense would dictate) that a matter as important as a misconduct hearing would warrant the same due diligence.

    john
    Well - it ain't in the rules so given your usual 'rules argument' what can I say? And speaking of common sense I'd say you've favored overlooking quite a bit of it in the thread. I doubt my club or a large gaggle of others will invest in the hourly fee of a Vet onsite for 2-3 days especially checking dogs the owner has already stated was in heat. YMMV.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •