The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Retriever club favoritism

Quote Originally Posted by Good Dogs View Post
    Personal responsibility and accountability go both ways. The only way we can enforce reasonable standards of good sportsmanship is to take personal responsibility and action as appropriate. If someone has first-hand knowledge of a reportable event and does nothing, IMO he/she is just as complicit as the alleged perpetrator. In the above instance if a complaint was in fact filed with the event committee and the committee took no action then that should be reported to the AKC. If the event committee concluded after an initial investigation that there was no basis for the complaint it cannot hold a hearing, end of discussion. However, the event report must include the facts as reported to the committee and what actions the committee did or did not take. If you have first hand knowledge of the event as related in your post you should report the same to the AKC, not just "wonder who of us in the same scenario would be still competing."
    And I am now standing down from my soapbox.
    I'm not clear from the OP if the accused was a host club member or not. But if so - am always curious about club Bylaw language that addresses member conduct and dismissal. You feel like yours is tight?
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

Just to clarify the stud was running the bitch did not run. But was parked all over and aired near tests. The owner was first kindly warned when she pulled beside a pro and let her dogs out with his and was worried about her bitch getting bred. The pro warned her and made mention to the hunt test committee Then Saturday night was captured on pic of tying the two and that person filed a complaint with one of her home clubs and nothing was done. Don't see why it was dropped she admitted her bitch was in season and because of who she was it was ok. If you or I had been in the same situation curious what would have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by oldftdog View Post
    Just to clarify the stud was running the bitch did not run. But was parked all over and aired near tests. The owner was first kindly warned when she pulled beside a pro and let her dogs out with his and was worried about her bitch getting bred. The pro warned her and made mention to the hunt test committee Then Saturday night was captured on pic of tying the two and that person filed a complaint with one of her home clubs and nothing was done. Don't see why it was dropped she admitted her bitch was in season and because of who she was it was ok. If you or I had been in the same situation curious what would have happened.
    If the owner of the bitch wasn't entered in the test, the committees options are limited. If the test was being held on private property, they could tell her she's tresspassing and to leave the property. If the test was being held on public property they could ask her to leave, but that is about it. The rules apply to those entered/involved with the test. They unfortunantely don't apply to John Q Public.
    Last edited by Swampcollie; 07-27-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Then Saturday night was captured on pic of tying the two and that person filed a complaint with one of her home clubs and nothing was done.
    That may be the problem. The complaint should have been filed with the committee of the club holding the test. If this was not done, no complaint was filed.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Swampcollie View Post
    If the owner of the bitch wasn't entered in the test, the committees options are limited. If the test was being held on private property, they could tell her she's tresspassing and to leave the property. If the test was being held on public property they could ask her to leave, but that is about it. The rules apply to those entered/involved with the test. They unfortunantely don't apply to John Q Public.
    The public property law you cite varies by state, I am sure. We've had people insist it was their right to infringe on a test as it was public property, though we had all the necessary permits. My comment - I will call the sheriff, we will let them decide that, then you can deal with the consequences, whatever they may be. We have never had anyone want to test their assumed right.

I've also had folks allow a very agressive dog wander near our testing dogs in training, again noting it was their right. My comment - my dog is very valuable, should your dog choose to attempt to injure my dog, he is dead. That guy took off & we expected a visit from the sheriff, but it never happened.

In general those people just want to be noticed .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
    I'm not clear from the OP if the accused was a host club member or not. But if so - am always curious about club Bylaw language that addresses member conduct and dismissal. You feel like yours is tight?
    Club by-laws aside if it's an AKC licensed or member event the AKC rules regarding "Dealing With Misconduct" apply. And the rules state:
    "It is the duty of the committee, not of the AKC, to deal
    initially with acts of alleged prejudicial conduct which
    occur during or in connection with a club’s event. The
    phrase “in connection with” means any incident where
    the parties involved are there because of the event;.."
    So I don't see a limitation to folks who are "entered" in the event. Perhaps a quiet reminder to the individual that a finding of misconduct would result in immediate suspension from ALL AKC privileges - including litter/puppy registration - would have convinced him/her to load up the bitch in question and leave. And I'm not saying the individual should have been suspended. I was not there, did not see what transpired so am unqualified to make any comment other than that the people witnessing an alleged violation have a duty to report the same to the event committee and the committee has an obligation to act.

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    Did you know that there is but one place in the rules that addresses bitches in season that is chapter 1 section 5 If the rules there allow for a vet exam for such a trivial matter as a scratch reimbursement it would stand to reason (read common sense would dictate) that a matter as important as a misconduct hearing would warrant the same due diligence.

john
    What about some just plain old fashioned Common Courtesy and respect for others.
    HRCH Mt. Holly "SKyler" Blue SH 500 HRC pts. club

HRCH Mt. Holly Thunder and Lightning "Storm" MH 500 pts. club, Grand pass

www.robrobertsgunworks.com

Quote Originally Posted by Good Dogs View Post
    Club by-laws aside if it's an AKC licensed or member event the AKC rules regarding "Dealing With Misconduct" apply. And the rules state:
    "It is the duty of the committee, not of the AKC, to deal
    initially with acts of alleged prejudicial conduct which
    occur during or in connection with a club’s event. The
    phrase “in connection with” means any incident where
    the parties involved are there because of the event;.."
    So I don't see a limitation to folks who are "entered" in the event. Perhaps a quiet reminder to the individual that a finding of misconduct would result in immediate suspension from ALL AKC privileges - including litter/puppy registration - would have convinced him/her to load up the bitch in question and leave. And I'm not saying the individual should have been suspended. I was not there, did not see what transpired so am unqualified to make any comment other than that the people witnessing an alleged violation have a duty to report the same to the event committee and the committee has an obligation to act.
    I agree. Guess knowing the "don't want to get involved" nature these days (and in some cases I can't disagree) would at least point to club policing of its own members relative to misconduct regardless of whose event that misconduct occurs. Hence why I asked about the comfort state or confidence in club by-laws relative to misconduct.

I think it's all the same at least in spirit. The accused misconduct related to both the event (committee) as well as their own clubs by-laws on conduct regardless of who held the event. In that case, club by-laws for conduct is at least a second line of inquiry should the host club not pursue. But that leads to my question - are club by-laws written well enough to fairly pursue and potentially act on the misconduct of a member relative to an AKC related activity. Or broader yet - conduct in general which may excuse them from membership in the club.

It really is hard to believe that the accused, based on the behavior described, is a fantastic individual highly favored by all. Probably more likely, everyone has a day job and can't afford the time and ugliness of initiating a formal process to deal with the situation.

This is why crap like this is a useless waste of space. Nothing but second hand information and lack of details. This was a non event. Not entered, complaint to a club not even involved, no complaint to the HTC. What a waste of time.

you don't see why it was dropped? There was never anything to drop, nobody filed a complaint with the club holding the event. This is perhaps the stupidest post of all time on RTF.
    Last edited by badbullgator; 07-28-2013 at 08:21 AM.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    This is why crap like this is a useless waste of space. Nothing but second hand information and lack of details. This was a non event. Not entered, complaint to a club not even involved, no complaint to the HTC. What a waste of time.

you don't see why it was dropped? There was never anything to drop, nobody filed a complaint with the club holding the event. This is perhaps the stupidest post of all time on RTF.
    That is true. Someone should have reported to and filed a complaint with - the Hunt Test Chairs.