The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Retriever club favoritism

I think the whole point of the original OP was missed.
    Apparently the owner of the dog in heat was a high up in the club and it was his/her club that was hosting the test. Did she get special treatment from the club HTC because of who he/she is to the club and was allowed to do as they pleased.

IMO, if your dog is in heat keep your dumb ass home and these types of posts never happen. SMDH.

I'm pretty straight forward when I speak up and if I was running a male and this happened, I don't give a rats behind, they would have gotten a tongue lashing from me and then I would have created a pretty big stink about it.

It's a big mistake to waste my money.

What would y'all say if the bitch or the stud in question belonged to the owner of the grounds being used?

Laws, rules and locks are for honest / honorable people to expect anything else would be naive.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by classact2731 View Post
    Laws, rules and locks are for honest / honorable people to expect anything else would be naive.
    Now were making progress...! Not sure what is worse, the people who break those laws, rules, and locks or the people who attempt to justify those who do...?

A narcissistic society at its finest!!!!
    Last edited by mnadams; 07-29-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    Labs are the greatest; truly man's best friend!
    Home of HRCH Gator Points Chocolate Chip II
    HRCH KC's Bustin From the Blind

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    What would y'all say if the bitch or the stud in question belonged to the owner of the grounds being used?
    There would be an "All due respect" then a tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by metalone67 View Post
    There are properties that I know of being used, where portions are used as "the grounds" and others have residences and/or buisnesses on them where the owner has justifyably reserved certain rights of access and use......

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 07-29-2013 at 11:58 AM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by metalone67 View Post
    There would be an all due respect get the F off my property, especially if I lived there.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    There would be an all due respect get the F off my property, especially if I lived there.
    If the test or trial in question was being held at Doublehaul's Retriever Farm and people started ranting about unsportsmanlike conduct charges on me for allowing a bitch to drop by and breed to my stud dog during the trial or test, that would be my response. Best of luck finding new trial and training grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    If the test or trial in question was being held at Doublehaul's Retriever Farm and people started ranting about unsportsmanlike conduct charges on me for allowing a bitch to drop by and breed to my stud dog during the trial or test, that would be my response. Best of luck finding new trial and training grounds.
    You would have enough sense to do the breeding at a site away from the actual test and/or parking lot. Evidently the folks being discussed did not.

Again, I know some folks have a problem with common sense, but it comes in handy every now and then.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Again, I know some folks have a problem with common sense, but it comes in handy every now and then.
    But think how boring RTF would be without our ranting and raving over what are generally very isolated incidents of folks not using common sense