The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Homemade Winger(s) Electronics question ?????

Default Homemade Winger(s) Electronics question ?????

Got my frame built, and pouch and bands are on the way ! I do have a question about the remote electronics !!!

I am only building ONE for now, but will be adding possibly at least 2 more in the future! I am a electronic idiot and hav e no idea about the stuff !

SO what should I order from Carmar (If thats the place ?) to run my single winger for now, but I can add other wingers in the future and atleast use the same transmiter to run all them ???

Just looking for ya'lls advice ! I have looked at every post I can bring up through the search function, and most is 2005 post or earlier ! and most stuff is outdated and just gets me more confused on what to get !

THANKS !!!

Check out Kwicklabs website and look for the mini my winger link. Or do a search on here and you should find all you need.
    Brandon Cross

This is the set up I use and it works well. Just use a trip wire from the door lock actuator to a bow release connected to your winger pouch. With one radio you can control as many launchers as you like by setting each one on a different frequency.

http://gundogforum.com/resources/Rem...ncherPlans.pdf

Check out the following thread:

http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...BB-wingers-ect

I posted a video and breakdown of parts of the electronics I made.

Go to www.trainrite.net and look at their release system. That should resolve your problem.
    Warren Price
    w. price

http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...er+electronics

go to the second page and scroll down to the diagram past the green box. Order the 12V receivers from Carymart.com instead of teh 9V receivers like i did...it will be much easier and cheaper in the long run, because 12V batteries last longer than the 9V, and the power door lock actuator from the automobiles are made to run o a 12V system. Good luck and dont hesitate to PM or post questions!
    Jeremy
    Kankakee River HRC

Fnp, you only need one receiver now but depending on how many you add later, determines the transmitter that you need.
    For example, a 6 channel remote transmitter would allow you to run enough receivers for 3 wingers that each had a sound device.
    This would require 6 receivers.
    Make sense?
    Last edited by SjSmith; 07-29-2013 at 08:47 AM.

from carymart.com, you can purchase either a 1-channel receiver or a 2-channel receiver. You can use either one, and a wiring diagram is sent with each purchase. Lets say you are going to ultimately have a set of 3 wingers when it is all said and done. Lets also say that you want sound on each winger. Therefore, there are two functions that will require electrical power. One function is for the power door lock actuator arm (electronic door lock motor) to pull the release to actually allow the bumper or duck to be tossed. The second function on the winger is the siren for the sound. Each of these functions will require a diffferent channel. However, they dont necessarily require a different receiver. The function of the receiver (the box attached to you winger) is to receive a signal from the transmitter (the remote control) to allow electricity to flow to whatever motor is connected to that particular receiver. A two channel receiver can control two DIFFERENTT things from the same receiver, while the one channel receiver can control only ONE thing. So, lets say you have a 6 button transmitter and are using a 2 channel receiver system. For this setup, you will have a total of 3 receivers (each one is programmed to operate on two different channels). So, the first receiver will be control by buttons #1 and #2 on your transmitter. Since it is a 2 channel receiver, it can control two DIFFERENT functions. So, channel one would be used to operate the dooor lock actuator, and channel 2 of that same receiver would be usd to operate the siren. On the next winger, you will use the second receiver, which is also a 2 channel receiver. Button 3 will operate the power door lock actuator on winger #2 and button 4 will operate the siren on winger #2. Winger 3: Button 5 operates power door lock actuator on winger 3 and button 6 operates siren on winger 3.

If you use a 1 channel receiver system, you will have to use a separate receiver forr each function you would like. Otherwise, if you hoooked up oth the power dooor lock actuator and the siren to the same one channnel receiver, when you hit the button, both would go off at exactly the same time. So, for a set of 3 wingers using a 1channel receiver system, you would need 6 receivers. For winger one, receiver 1 and button 1 would operate the release function, and receiver 2 and button 2 would operate the siren for winger one. Receiver 3 and button 3 would operate release function for winger 2, and receiver 4 and button 4 would operate siren function for winger 2. Receiver 5 and button 5 operates release function for winger 3, and recevier 6 and button 6 operates siren for wingger 3.

Hopefully this helps a litttle bit. This is how I understoood this when I built my set. For my set I used a 1 channel recevier system (6 total receivers),, but for the set I built for my buddy, I used a 2-channel receiver system. For what its worth, I liked the 2 channel system much better.
    Jeremy
    Kankakee River HRC