The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Ammo back in stock now gouging?

Default Ammo back in stock now gouging?

I hit 5 gun shops yesterday in MN, and for all had .22, 9mm, and .223s on the shelf, that's the good news the bad news was the price on all of them (double). What are you guys seeing? The .22 ammo I have seen are going for $4-5 a 50 pack and only one store had bulk and they were at $26 for 325 rounds. Do you think the manufacture is gouging the prices or the stores?

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    I hit 5 gun shops yesterday in MN, and for all had .22, 9mm, and .223s on the shelf, that's the good news the bad news was the price on all of them (double). What are you guys seeing? The .22 ammo I have seen are going for $4-5 a 50 pack and only one store had bulk and they were at $26 for 325 rounds. Do you think the manufacture is gouging the prices or the stores?
    Buying 9mm for .50/ea and 38sp for the same. It's the middle man who is screwing the end user. Raw material costs have increased but if you can order in bulk prices get competitive.
    Just Win

I buy my ammo by the bulk (500 rounds) and it has not went up at all. I shoot a bunch and that is the only way to buy it IMO. Just last week I bought 500 rounds of 38 for $125 I think it was. Now 22 is another story... I have a friend that has a ammo company and the 22's he just got in were high and he was only making $5 a brick off of them. I think the ones that voted for the current Prez should all be happy with what is going on and thank their boy for this whole mess.
    Brandon Edmondson

Price increases like this can 'almost always' be tied back to the Fed's.....especially with Holder and Obama running things...I smell a rat....!