The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: no go thread

I don't think avoiding training is ever the answer. You proved that when you followed bad advice and put the dog up with no better results.
    Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker View Post
    This tells me that, the only thing that worked is to send the dog to someone else.

Good luck
    Keith

I have a feeling someone opted for the easier path, instead of the amount of work it would have taken to rebuild.

And Paul, all was not lost here. There are lots of others watching and can see what taking the easy road will do.
    Last edited by Duckquilizer; 07-30-2013 at 10:24 AM.
    Kendall Layne

HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
    I'm pretty sure I know the owner of this dog, he is a very very nice man that feels horrible about what happened with this dog. I think the animosity towards him is very unprofessional on Paul's part.
    Something to think about..

Attachment 14375
    I don't have any animosity towards the owner or yellow for that manner. If the truth hurts, change it. All they have done is prove all the points I made in the original thread. What is sad is some very well thought out advice was ignored, then deleted denying others from at least benefiting from it. Instead RTF is left with chaff instead of wheat. For 10 years this board had some very good experienced trainers offering advice and slowly most of them have just quit posting because of experiences just like mine. I find that sad. Heck, even Dr. Ed doesn't post much on health threads anymore, because what I have observed is after he posts some yahoo replies telling him he's wrong and linking some article written by their uncles, best friends ex girlfriends son who owned a parrot once. People complain about pro's on here taking over the sport. At the same time when those pro's give away valuable training advice for free, they then get kicked in the teeth, guess what. We quit giving it away. I'm more than happy to post my consultation fee's like Evan has done, perhaps if people have to pay for it they will value it. It used to be about the dogs, now its about peoples feelings.

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    Gosh Paul, I hope your week improves!

Get outside, catch some sun and fresh air, train some dogs, maybe stay off the computer. Life's too short to get worked up because someone chose one training suggestion over another.

Have fun. Enjoy your dogs.

Chris
    I'm having a great week actually. Just sat down with my group and outlined our Master National run for next year. One of my guys dog just jammed in his and the dogs first derby. Groups HT pass percentage for the year is 76%. The sun is shining, dogs and people are progressing and having fun. Life is good. Sadly others could be having the same experience however their choices don't lead down that path. Hey on another note, one of my clients makes custom duck calls and he made me one with my company logo on it, such a cool call. I can actually make duck sounds come out of it. Have to take a pic of it and post for ya. Pretty cool....

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post

I don't have any animosity towards the owner or yellow for that manner. If the truth hurts, change it. All they have done is prove all the points I made in the original thread. What is sad is some very well thought out advice was ignored, then deleted denying others from at least benefiting from it. Instead RTF is left with chaff instead of wheat. For 10 years this board had some very good experienced trainers offering advice and slowly most of them have just quit posting because of experiences just like mine. I find that sad. Heck, even Dr. Ed doesn't post much on health threads anymore, because what I have observed is after he posts some yahoo replies telling him he's wrong and linking some article written by their uncles, best friends ex girlfriends son who owned a parrot once. People complain about pro's on here taking over the sport. At the same time when those pro's give away valuable training advice for free, they then get kicked in the teeth, guess what. We quit giving it away. I'm more than happy to post my consultation fee's like Evan has done, perhaps if people have to pay for it they will value it. It used to be about the dogs, now its about peoples feelings.

/Paul
    Yes Paul, it would have been nice to see what advice you gave. I am very new at retriever games so I would have benefited also from it.
    Just don't get the name calling.
    Ya know I've noticed that people aren't really appreciative of my experience in the veterinary side of things that I've tried to help people with either. Dr Ed seems very knowledgable so it's sad that he doesn't post health threads anymore.
    I also stopped until I got a Thank you from someone. Made me feel like I should keep trying to help.
    Paul, Thank You for trying to help me I truly appreciate it!
    Maria

/paul,

i kind of like your rtf "schtick". i respect your training advice.

i do recall a few months back that you advised a "frequent poster", and i paraphrase, "if you are going to quit posting, be a man and just quit posting! there is no need for a man to announce his intensions to leave the rtf.......just leave!"

your statements in this thread to the people you have "tried to help" seem in conflict with your earlier feelings. i would have thought you would feel that if someone doesn't take your valuable advice you would just "man up" and let it be? i know you are primarily concerned about the well being of the dog and its relationship with the owner........but you sound like a crying little school girl about it.

then you note the "others who quit posting" on the board because of being treated like you when giving advice. is this statement a preliminary announcement of you potentially leaving rtf? i hope not for several reasons; 1. as i noted above, i value your training advice. 2. making an announcment of your departure would not be very "manly". 3. it's almost college football season....and oregon is gonna get smashed this year!

if i had your earlier posts confused with posts by someone else please accept my apology
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    /paul,

i kind of like your rtf "schtick". i respect your training advice.

i do recall a few months back that you advised a "frequent poster", and i paraphrase, "if you are going to quit posting, be a man and just quit posting! there is no need for a man to announce his intensions to leave the rtf.......just leave!"

your statements in this thread to the people you have "tried to help" seem in conflict with your earlier feelings. i would have thought you would feel that if someone doesn't take your valuable advice you would just "man up" and let it be? i know you are primarily concerned about the well being of the dog and its relationship with the owner........but you sound like a crying little school girl about it.

then you note the "others who quit posting" on the board because of being treated like you when giving advice. is this statement a preliminary announcement of you potentially leaving rtf? i hope not for several reasons; 1. as i noted above, i value your training advice. 2. making an announcment of your departure would not be very "manly". 3. it's almost college football season....and oregon is gonna get smashed this year!

if i had your earlier posts confused with posts by someone else please accept my apology
    Do you want a 15 minute session, 30 minute session or 1 hour session? There is a slight discount for the hour session. The football beating from Oregon is free....

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

This thread kind of creeps me out too.

It used to be about the dogs, now its about peoples feelings.
    Yup, pretty much the way it's going.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Amazing how things degenerate to this. There are many ways to train a dog! No need to get your nickers in a knot over it. JMHO
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray