The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Field Trial Signs

Quote Originally Posted by JTS View Post
    Try Vista Print..........you can design anything for little cost. Their sign are corrugated plastic like election signs.
    The print shops here refer to these as "bandit signs". As JTS said, they're the corrugated plastic material that are used for elections, new housing developments, etc. They're called bandit signs because they tend to magically appear overnight on esplanades, along roadways, etc, often by the hundreds. Our club used a company in this area called FastSigns. Fast, waterproof and relatively cheap. They're usually done in a week. You can either use the "H" shaped metal stakes they supply or make your own.

Quote Originally Posted by weps10 View Post
    I guess it not just the "R" that they drop up there. Lol
    No, apparently, it's the third grade too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I know!
    as I was pulling up the signs at 3 in the afternoon a smal child on a bike rode past me and asked what a
    "tring" (how she said it) day was? it was very funny as I had readed over it tons and not seen a thing.
    Dang those smart kids these days
    but everyone found the field and stood in the hot sun played fetch.
    Years ago when I ran the events in Upstate NY for the WIA, we had a run of T-shirts done at a local screen printer's shop. The back showed the WIA logo, 2 wood ducks flying with a woodie box in the image, and the caption around the outside circle "Conserve Game, hunt with a Trained Retriever"

The printer ran about 4 dozen before he found that the spelling said "Retiever".

We sold the "seconds" and the new properly spelled batch both. Seconds were at a significant discount. As I recall, he wanted to not take a total bath, so we agreed to pay him a reduced price. We sold out of all of them!
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    The printer ran about 4 dozen before he found that the spelling said "Retiever".

We sold the "seconds" and the new properly spelled batch both. Seconds were at a significant discount. As I recall, he wanted to not take a total bath, so we agreed to pay him a reduced price. We sold out of all of them!
    If there were postage stamps, mistakes like these are worth a fortune!
    Josie Ottman

"Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch," E.B. White, Charlotte's Web

www.RetrieverResults.com -- points, profiles and perspective.
    New reports on Qualifiers and Entrants for National Open, National Amateur, Master National and Canadian National and Canadian National Amateur.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    Years ago when I ran the events in Upstate NY for the WIA, we had a run of T-shirts done at a local screen printer's shop. The back showed the WIA logo, 2 wood ducks flying with a woodie box in the image, and the caption around the outside circle "Conserve Game, hunt with a Trained Retriever"

thats great!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

A sign scratched in a bathroom at a rest stop, read; " I love grils".

Below that someone wrote, "That's girls, stupid."

Below was scratched, "What about us grils?"

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

I used to be a typesetter. No matter how hard you try and how many people proofread your material, something's going to slip through occasionally. Usually the most embarrassing combination possible, LOL.

My boss once declared "there must be NO MORE typographic errors." We told him maybe HE ought to help with the proofreading.
    Pam
    Roughwater Stacked & Packed, "Babe," MH, CD, RN, CGC, WDQ

image.jpgField trial sign
    It was impossible, so it took a little longer to accomplish.

Phyllis - Also consider someone who does political signs.. Way cheap. I tried to give Newt several thousand of the metal frames but he couldn't be bothered.
    What you get out of it is what you put into it, then a fat lady sings.
    Marc Broussard