The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Total Retriever Training Force fetch

Default Total Retriever Training Force fetch

Did I miss something or did Lardy have that dog on walking fetch in like 7 days ?

I don't think he showed a single dog going thru the process but multiple dogs at various stages.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

ha....just watched last night to get ready....kinda annoyed me that he doesnt show any "new" dogs going through it.....

[QUOTE....just watched last night to get ready....kinda annoyed me that he doesnt show any "new" dogs going through it.....][/QUOTE]

There is a good reason most do not show you from start to finish a dog being forced,,and those that do more than likely use easy dogs for demonstration.
    Some dogs will make you look like an idiot until you get through that portion of difficulty, A relatively new person watching those highly problematic dogs being trained,might , only walk away with "boy that trainer is an idiot" and miss every thing that is really happening.
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

I have heard of guys FF dogs in 7 days before. I wish he could have been more in depth.
    What I mean by 7 days is on the 7th day your in walking fetch.
    It takes me 30 day to get a dog to that level.

He is doing something right just look at his achievements.

the do he used in the video was start to finish of to people who produce his videos. they live here in michigan. one of the guys i train with knows that dog.
    that being said it is a little annoying that he never shows the problems we face with our dogs. his seem to be the best case kinda dogs.

I am far from a pro, but with my current pup we worked on hold and teaching (no force) fetch for about a month prior to FF. Once starting FF we were at walking fetch at 7 days. My blm would go to the ground with pressure at day 2. He also went through stick fetch without an issue. He is nothing like my last dogs in FF. He just seemed to get it.

oh sorry i was thinking of collar conditioning.

If you like the way that Lardy does it from a standing position but want more detail check out Danny Farmer's video.

I thank I will get farmers and Hillmans. I have ff dogs before I just like to see the differences.