The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Retriever club favoritism

Default Retriever club favoritism

A few weeks ago it was obvious to everyone there was a bitch in heat on the grounds. The person with this dog in her possession was warned and admitted to it. But as a breeder replied its a 3 day test and I need to breed her. Later was caught on film tying the dogs on club grounds. The photographer filed a complaint with the hunt test committee I had overheard the committee expressing concern for what theses accusations would do to her career and lively hood I have since found out nothing was done because the hunt test committee refused to act. Just makes me wonder who of us in the same scenario would be still competing.

WOW....Steve S
    "Your dog learns as much by doing his work right,by your praise and encouragement, as he does by your displeasure and correction." DLWalters

Yea ...Wow.would write a letter to the president.....and never go back there.

Quote Originally Posted by oldftdog View Post
    A few weeks ago it was obvious to everyone there was a bitch in heat on the grounds. The person with this dog in her possession was warned and admitted to it. But as a breeder replied its a 3 day test and I need to breed her. Later was caught on film tying the dogs on club grounds. The photographer filed a complaint with the hunt test committee I had overheard the committee expressing concern for what theses accusations would do to her career and lively hood I have since found out nothing was done because the hunt test committee refused to act. Just makes me wonder who of us in the same scenario would be still competing.
    Good example of the "It's all about ME" mentality - and evidence of very poor sportsmanship (or sportspersonship)

Quote Originally Posted by CRNAret View Post
    Good example of the "It's all about ME" mentality - and evidence of very poor sportsmanship (or sportspersonship)

There are a lot of misconseptions bantered about when one begins analize conduct using only ones memory of the rules as a basis... Would someone post a link, or cut and paste the part(s) of the AKC rules that govern , other than the part in chapter 1 section 5 that says that they may not be on the grounds ?

What I get fron chapt 1-4 is that in some cases "obvious dont do it" and a veternarians certifacation may be required in establishing if the bitch is in fact in season

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 07-27-2013 at 07:32 AM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    There are a lot of miscomseptions bantered about when one begins analize conduct using only ones memory of the rules as a basis... Would someone post a link, or cut and paste the part(s) of the AKC rules that govern , other than the part that says that they may not be on the grounds ?

john
    Given that seems to be the point of the OP ("May not be on the grounds") and person warned as such, yet continued to 'be on the grounds' to fulfill a business objective - what is it specifically you're looking for? AKC definition of sportmanship?
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

Quote Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
    Given that seems to be the point of the OP ("May not be on the grounds") and person warned as such, yet continued to 'be on the grounds' to fulfill a business objective - what is it specifically you're looking for? AKC definition of sportmanship?
    • The sportsman respects the AKC bylaws, rules, regulations and policies governing the
    sport of purebred dogs
    Actually I'm looking for someone to show me the verbage in the bylaws, rules, regulations and policies governing the
    sport of purebred dogs that govern here

So far, in chapt 1-4 it is that a vet cert may be required...Did a vet establish that the bitch was in fact in season?

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 07-27-2013 at 08:01 AM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    Did they get a vet to establish that the bitch was in fact in season?

john
    Did the Breeder request such when asked to leave the grounds? You could pose circumstantial evidence that the act of attempting to tie dogs on grounds would lead to the belief that the Breeder felt the dog was in season, and as a 'professional', was confirming the bitch was in season, by the resulting act of attempted impregnation. Once asked to leave the grounds, the Breeder was within rights to request a bitch check.

The breeder 'admitted to it' according to the OP.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

Quote Originally Posted by CRNAret View Post
    Hit the nail on the head with this response. A whole society and generation that only cares about themselves. Who needs to have it "spelled out?' Common sense has left the building...!
    Labs are the greatest; truly man's best friend!
    Home of HRCH Gator Points Chocolate Chip II
    HRCH KC's Bustin From the Blind

Quote Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
    Did the Breeder request such when asked to leave the grounds? You could pose circumstantial evidence that the act of attempting to tie dogs on grounds would lead to the belief that the Breeder felt the dog was in season, and as a 'professional', was confirming the bitch was in season, by the resulting act of attempted impregnation. Once asked to leave the grounds, the Breeder was within rights to request a bitch check.

The breeder 'admitted to it' according to the OP.

Try that the next time you are on a committee asked to conduct such a meeting.

As I said, show me where "He said, She said", circumstantial evidence, and conjecture about what the breeder felt, are written anywhere in ANY AKC bylaw, rule, regulation or policy governing the sport of purebred dogs that would govern here.

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 07-27-2013 at 08:21 AM.