The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Affirmative Action in Housing?

Default Affirmative Action in Housing?

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/taylorc...ities-n1646513

I really can't imagine how you will do this ... non-discrimination ("fair housing") didn't work well enough so now you make guidelines to "to refine existing [housing] requirements." The rule says it "does not mandate specific outcomes,"

If a 3BR home costs $100K in area "A", and a similar house costs $150K in area "B" , if the buyer qualifies for $100K they cannot buy in area "B" unless you play hanky-panky with the mortgage qualifications, and end up with the same mess we just came through.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Oh they are already going after Westchester, NY big time. They are trying to force them to build low income housing and forget zoning!
    CT passed a law that is wrecking havoc on nice burbs, forcing them to allow "affordable" housing be built in complete disregard for zoning if the town doesn;t have enough of "affordable housing".
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Welcome to bank bailouts, round 2.
    [QUOTE]
    Unlike the old failed Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program, this one under HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan is going towork because Donovan is going to use "21st Century methods":
    This proposed rule represents a 21st century approach to fair housing, a step forward to ensuring that every American is able to choose to live in a community they feel proud of - where they have a fair shot at reaching their full potential in life. For the first time ever, HUD will provide data for every neighborhood in the country, detailing the access African American, Latino, Asian, and other communities have to local assets, including schools, jobs, transportation, and other important neighborhood resources that can play a role in helping people move into the middle class. Long-term solutions will involve various strategies, such as helping people gain access to different neighborhoods and channeling [COLOR=#11B000 !important]investments[/COLOR] into underserved areas.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz2aUisjWh8
    /QUOTE]
    The HUD.GUV site profiling Donovan claims:

He has launched new initiatives like Choice Neighborhoods, which will enable distressed communities to use proven mixed-use, mixed-finance tools to transform not just federally-assisted housing, but the neighborhoods around that housing.

Let's see. I get to choose to live in a community I can feel proud of? And Donovan is going to use "mixed-finance tools" to ensure someone else picks up the tab?
    I don't know about you, but I'm shooting for Trump Towers.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

None of this is fair to the hard working TAXPAYER. I know first hand what it is like to work hard, purchase your first home (a condo) and then have everything destroyed by section 8 NON WORKING WELFARE LEACHES move in across from you and below you. Don't even ask how bad it got when I finally had it with one of them (the one below) breaking all the condo rules. Our 280lb 6'4" neighbor had to seperate me from the leach! BY the way all I did was water my dying window boxes with big splashing down onto her ILLEGAL drying jeans. She ran up pounding on my door accusing my lab of peeing on the deck.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI