The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Propane Run F-150

Default Propane Run F-150

I heard on the radio this morning that the target date is 2016??

There is someone here that is involved/knows about this project.
    He told me about it maybe a year and a half ot two years ago.

If he chooses, maybe he could share some details.

I believe this is exciting news...............

BTW---THIS with out an Obama bail out!!!!

About time. Maybe Ford really does have a better idea.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    About time. Maybe Ford really does have a better idea.
    A regular on this board was/is involved in the development of this engine.
    I am hoping he will share some insite!

He told me it has PLENTY of torque!!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    A regular on this board was/is involved in the development of this engine.
    I am hoping he will share some insite!

He told me it has PLENTY of torque!!
    Wonder what the benefits of propane over natural gas are? Obviously there are some if Ford chose propane.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Wonder what the benefits of propane over natural gas are? Obviously there are some if Ford chose propane.
    Availability, cost of fuel.
    And I think it was Natural Gas........I was running when I heard it.

Does that make more sense then?
    Last edited by road kill; 07-31-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Availability, cost of fuel.
    Around here natural gas is half the price of propane. Availabilty is another story. When we bought our house we wanted to convert our heat to gas as we love it but the natural gas lines stop about a mile from us and propane is too expensive plus the new tank placement rules are even messing up converting one fireplace and the cooktop over.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

My bad;

Ford launching natural gas version of F-150 pickup

Source: Ford Motor Company
    Ford is expanding its lineup of vehicles for buyers who want to run on clean natural gas to include its bestseller, the F-150 pickup.

The automaker says adding the 2014 F-150 will make it the only company with a full-size pickup that can come prepped from the factory for natural gas, then sent to an outfitter. Until now, Ford's natural-gas lineup has included the small Transit Connect and E Series vans, and the big Super Duty pickups and chassis cabs.

The lineup underscores how even though natural gas is a domestically produced fuel priced at a fraction of the cost of gasoline -- averaging $2.11 a gallon -- it's still largely commercial buyers and fleets embracing it. Only Honda produces a natural-gas car, a version of the Civic, in limited numbers.

The automaker is putting natural gas in its trucks, which Ford says cost the equivalent of $2.11 a gallon, well below current gasoline prices at the pump, reports the "Squawk on the Street" crew.(Read more: Ford hits the fast lane: Shares could race up 30%)

Ford officials note, however, that the F-150 with the modified 3.7-liter V-6 engine will be available in natural gas to anyone who wants to buy one. "This is not restricted to commercial fleets only," says Dick Cupka, a product development sustainability manager.

The natural-gas prep work to the engine at the factory adds $315 to the cost of the truck, which then goes to an outfitter who is likely to charge up to $9,500 more for the tanks and connections, Ford says. Many buyers opt to have the vehicle capable of running on either natural gas or gasoline.

Jon Coleman, a Ford fleet and sustainability manager, says the cost of conversion can pay for itself in fuel savings in two to three years. As a result, adding the F-150 is likely to boost fast-growing natural-gas vehicle sales.

They almost doubled every year for the past three years. Last year, they came in a little less than 12,000 vehicles. "When you see growth like that you realize this is an emerging technology in a mature industry," Coleman says.

óBy Chris Woodyard, USA TODAY
    I was close.....sorry.

It's about time someone offered a full-sized pickup running on CNG! Right now, the only non-fleet vehicle that I am aware of that runs on CNG is the Honda Civic. With CNG filling stations popping up all over the place, it is the future. Time to end the Ethanol subsidies!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

This could be a 'back breaker' for the Far Eastern countries who have been killing our people for years. If our country can switch our vehicles to CNG and regular gas we create a free market system. That will drive regular gas prices down (Supply/Demand) provided the Government doesn't mess it up with taxes, trade laws, etc. I would pay a premium to use U. S. Supplied CNG, I want to see the Far Eastern Countries turned back into deserts and the leaders back into 'Goat Farmers'....This would start that process and the USA has enough CNG to last for many lifetimes, as long as they are not forced to sell it to foreign countries or stopped from selling it all together......

Swamp im with you. But i fear our goverment will know whats best for us again and scerw this up to.