Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Propane Run F-150

Chevy is supposed tp offer one in 2014 as well
    Marty Lee
    HRCH Daisey's Rambunctious Rascal "Rambo"
    Co-Owner HRCH Summers Gusty Breeze "Gussie"

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    Swamp im with you. But i fear our goverment will know whats best for us again and scerw this up to.
    what we have to fear is the powerful lobbyists for the oil companies that arent involved in developing the technology or the automotive companies that dont have an engine on the drawing board capable of running alternative fuel sources, they will do whatever possible to thwart an alternative source from coming to market.you can bet that OPEC will lobby hard to delay the roll out
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

what we have to fear is the powerful lobbyists for the oil companies that arent involved in developing the technology or the automotive companies that dont have an engine on the drawing board capable of running alternative fuel sources, they will do whatever possible to thwart an alternative source from coming to market.you can bet that OPEC will lobby hard to delay the roll out

Yup. It is all about the money.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

It's a very positive development. The CNG stations seem to be popping up at a pretty rapid rate. I'm sure the government will find a way to kill it.

CNG is awesome. It burns almost twice as efficient as that ethanol blend BS. They have been making CNG compatible vehicles for sometime now. Also, if you have a gas line to your house you can have a refueling system put in to your garage. We figured out how to get a lot of it out of the ground. Win win win.

http://www.cngnow.com/vehicles/consu...formation.aspx

Where is the info on putting a hookup at your home?

Also, $9,500 for the conversion at an outfitter? Seems a little steep.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Wonder what the benefits of propane over natural gas are? Obviously there are some if Ford chose propane.
    The CNG or propane runs much, much cleaner with very little emissions. The engine will also go longer because of how clean it burns the fuel. You can beat the bank, Obama will stop this someone. Either stop the natural gas production which we have a huge supply of or stop places to get the fuel.

"This ain't Burger King, you don't get it your way"

Backwater's Ole' Crow Medicine Show SH "Raven" BLF 7/26/11 (NFC FC AFC Hunter's Run Boo Boo x AFC Beat The Rush)
    Backwater's Gun Powder 'N' Lead "Trigger" BLF 6/30/12 ( FC AFC CJ's Mister T x FC Queen Winhelmina of the Netherlands)
    Backwater's Biker Trash "Scooter" BLM 9/6/2013 (FC AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger x Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA)

Propane is a bad idea, NG is good in ways.

High pressure pumps to fill tanks are gone, they used to be around here in Northern VA but now the stations removed them. People can barely pump gas let alone fill a pressurized tank. On the other side if you pull apart an NG engine after 20k miles it is still spotless inside, and the oil stays clean longer from what I have seen.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

I'm not going to give any props to the Obama Administration for the demand growth for CNG as this is really the results of the Private Sector(as it should be). Though the current administration is all about solar energy, he said in his last State Of the Union speech that he would not stand in the way of CNG.http://www.worldcng.com/president-ob...union-address/
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345