The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Diego major - the latest

Default San Diego major - the latest

Most of you are probably following the Weiner-Waggle in New York. San Diego has its mayor scandal and the major won't quit.

He's been mayor since November. So far now up to 8 women who worked with or for him have charged Major Bob Filner with sexual harassment -- from butt and booby groping, to grabbing and kissing, to suggesting they don't wear panties to work, and whispering sexual advances while having a woman in a headlock at work. His fiancÚ dropped him saying he was a sexual pervert. He admitted to being a super friendly guy. Then he said he agreed he needed help.

San Diego City Council asked him to quit. He refused. The women just kept stepping forward and now it is up to 8. At least one has filed a lawsuit. Last Tuesday the City Council voted that they would not pay for his legal expenses for law suits.

He has announced that in August he will be attending therapy for 2 weeks, but he is not quitting as mayor.

I don't live anywhere near San Diego. I am just listening to the news amazed at this story. The guy won't quit and the City Council can't get rid of him. He has to be either convicted of a felony or an expensive recall election has to be held.

I don't think 2 weeks of therapy is going to help this guy. Sure didn't help Weiner.

For the most part politicians believe they are above the law. Why aren't there criminal charges like assault if he is touching these people?

Therapy for these folks with big egos is probably not too effective IMHO.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    Most of you are probably following the Weiner-Waggle in New York. San Diego has its mayor scandal and the major won't quit.

He's been mayor since November. So far now up to 8 women who worked with or for him have charged Major Bob Filner with sexual harassment -- from butt and booby groping, to grabbing and kissing, to suggesting they don't wear panties to work, and whispering sexual advances while having a woman in a headlock at work. His fiancÚ dropped him saying he was a sexual pervert. He admitted to being a super friendly guy. Then he said he agreed he needed help.

San Diego City Council asked him to quit. He refused. The women just kept stepping forward and now it is up to 8. At least one has filed a lawsuit. Last Tuesday the City Council voted that they would not pay for his legal expenses for law suits.

He has announced that in August he will be attending therapy for 2 weeks, but he is not quitting as mayor.

I don't live anywhere near San Diego. I am just listening to the news amazed at this story. The guy won't quit and the City Council can't get rid of him. He has to be either convicted of a felony or an expensive recall election has to be held.

I don't think 2 weeks of therapy is going to help this guy. Sure didn't help Weiner.

I lived/worked in San Diego for over 3 years back in the early 90's and they just flat out dont care..the county used to be a Republican stronghold back in the days of Pete Wilson, but like many Calif municipalities they are broke and will do their best to do business around him. Kinda hope these women band together and get a joint lawsuit which will cripple the city coffers...also sad to see that Senators Boxer and Feinstein havent come forward to help remove him from office

I will venture a guess that until one of the accusers retain Gloria Allred as their attorney, much wont get done..the guy is a scumbag...this will not end pretty
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I lived there for 5 years in the mid 2000s. BonMallari you are right. They just don't care. Lots of them folks are too busy thinking of themselves and their status symbols.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Another San Diego City reaction that amazed me ... the City Council agreed he could not be trusted with women so put out some sort of written warning to female city employees saying you are not to work or attend meetings alone with him.

Unbelievable, but true.

I think with that written warning to female city employees, they admitted they were aware of his sexual harassment problem. Wouldn't they be named in lawsuits. for admitting it was a dangerous workplace? Where's their union in all of this?

Goofy, plain goofy.

Helen

Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ View Post
    I lived there for 5 years in the mid 2000s. BonMallari you are right. They just don't care. Lots of them folks are too busy thinking of themselves and their status symbols.
    Very true of the Southern California mentality....very superficial, very shallow...unfortunately I also see that attitude across the country without even visiting other parts of the country, in fact there are some on here with the attitude of "I have mine..screw everyone else", lots of US (us as in figuratively not literally) in the country that refuse to hold elected officials accountable as long as we are getting ours..How else can one explain the same incumbents being re elected decade after decade

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

There's more ...

I just read that last Monday Mayor Filner's personal attorney sent a letter to the attorney for the City of San Diego saying that it was the City's fault because they did not provide him with behavior training in the workplace after he became mayor last November.

You just can't make this up.

Maybe the City Council went on record trying to remove him, and warning female employees, for the purpose of distancing themselves from lawsuits?

You missed one of the best parts ... he wants the city to pay for his attorney fees to defend himself against these harrassment lawsuits!

While Wiener is already dropping in the NYC mayoral polls, they ought to pay attention to Filner's story ... what do you do if you elect a reprobate like this, and then he won't quit when he gets caught?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

There's more ...

I just read that last Monday Mayor Filner's personal attorney sent a letter to the attorney for the City of San Diego saying that it was the City's fault because they did not provide him with behavior training in the workplace after he became mayor last November.

You just can't make this up.

are you kidding me ? next thing you know he will claim that its a hostile working environment because his sexual addiction makes it impossible to work in an environment where he has to be so close to members of the opposite sex on a daily basis

from butt and booby groping, to grabbing and kissing, to suggesting they don't wear panties to work, and whispering sexual advances while having a woman in a headlock at work. His fiancÚ dropped him saying he was a sexual pervert. He admitted to being a super friendly guy. Then he said he agreed
    while sexual harassment is a heinous offense that i in no way endorse, i must say.........there is finally a person holding political office in the great state of california whose motivations and actions i at least understand!!!!!!
    john mccallie