The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: San Diego major - the latest

There's more on Mayor Bob ...

Even though he has been mayor only since November, he has another problem. He went to Paris (with his then fiancÚ). He said it was to attend a conference on Iran and that over $9,000 in travel costs were to be paid by a non-profit corp who had some involvement in hosting the conference and wanted him there.

It was checked by the Auditor for San Diego. The non-profit organization does not exist. Mayor Bob says he will reimburse San Diego his travel costs. He said his fiancÚ paid her own way. The Auditor is checking the bills to see if she did.

But then there were security expenses of over $21,000.charged to the City of San Diego for security to follow him around Paris and protect him. A side comment to this story was that the Security was not in place when he left San Diego so there was no Security at the airport or on the plane. Security began after the security team landed in Paris. The San Diego City Council is wondering why he would go to Paris for a conference on Iran. Who authorized it? I guess Mayor Bob did.

You're right Helen. You can't make this stuff up!
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

OK. No question. Filner is a vile and creepy person. But I will bring this up because maybe the guys here think they shouldn't.

Women knew for years the guy had these "issues." If they were going to be in his office, and he started talking crap why could they not just tell him to shut his mouth and warn him if he came within reach they would do their damnedest to hurt him. Even with NO particular strength or training you can pull hair, rake nails down his face, bite his ear, elbow him in the gut, yell and scream... Geeze, do they think so little of themselves?

No woman "asks for it." Putting your hands on a woman who isn't interested is always, categorically wrong. It's a crime. It's called sexual battery.

But I think there would be a lot less of it if women stopped being helpless. AND (just to show you that I'm a complete throw-back) no man in my life would let it go if I told him something like that had happened to me. Not my dad (when he was alive, bless his heart) not my brother and not my husband.

And my two adult daughters... I can honestly say they would defend themselves and their husbands would make the perp pay in ways big and small.
    Last edited by 1tulip; 08-01-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1tulip View Post
    OK. No question. Filner is a vile and creepy person. But I will bring this up because maybe the guys here think they shouldn't.

Women knew for years the guy had these "issues." If they were going to be in his office, and he started talking crap why could they not just tell him to shut his mouth and warn him if he came within reach they would do their damnedest to hurt him. Even with NO particular strength or training you can pull hair, rake nails down his face, bite his ear, elbow him in the gut, yell and scream... Geeze, do they think so little of themselves?

No woman "asks for it." Putting your hands on a woman who isn't interested is always, categorically wrong. It's a crime. It's called sexual battery.

But I think there would be a lot less of it if women stopped being helpless. AND (just to show you that I'm a complete throw-back) no man in my life would let it go if I told him something like that had happened to me. Not my dad (when he was alive, bless his heart) not my brother and not my husband.

And my two adult daughters... I can honestly say they would defend themselves and their husbands would make the perp pay in ways big and small.
    having been involved in a class action harrassment suit some twenty years ago, what usually happens is that one or two women have a LEGIT claim, but then the dogpile begins, lawyers are very good about rounding up additional "victims", and people get talked into believing that they too are victims of unwanted advances, when in reality they twist and take comments out of context and put their own sexual inuendo to it...just look how fast an innocent line here on the RTF about a fur bearing animal can be changed into a multi page diatribe

I am in no way defending the scumbag or his actions, but my point is all his accusers arent in the same boat, some have agendas, especially when there is the smell of money in the air, and some that actually are true victims are too afraid to step forward because of the stigma that people will ask like "why didnt you fight back or retaliate", and they have to replay the "assault" over and over again, which is just as bad if not worse than the crime itself

its the same with Weiner...the only women that have come forward are those that are trying to cash in on the event. I am certain that there are a few others lurking in the shadows either waiting for the right time to unveil their story or maybe one or two that can not reveal their identity for personal and private reasons, look at Fox News contributor Kirsten Powers, she was Weiners former GF and she quickly denounced his actions when the allegations came up a couple of years ago
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    having been involved in a class action harrassment suit some twenty years ago, what usually happens is that one or two women have a LEGIT claim, but then the dogpile begins, lawyers are very good about rounding up additional "victims", and people get talked into believing that they too are victims of unwanted advances, when in reality they twist and take comments out of context and put their own sexual inuendo to it...just look how fast an innocent line here on the RTF about a fur bearing animal can be changed into a multi page diatribe

I am in no way defending the scumbag or his actions, but my point is all his accusers arent in the same boat, some have agendas, especially when there is the smell of money in the air, and some that actually are true victims are too afraid to step forward because of the stigma that people will ask like "why didnt you fight back or retaliate", and they have to replay the "assault" over and over again, which is just as bad if not worse than the crime itself

its the same with Weiner...the only women that have come forward are those that are trying to cash in on the event. I am certain that there are a few others lurking in the shadows either waiting for the right time to unveil their story or maybe one or two that can not reveal their identity for personal and private reasons, look at Fox News contributor Kirsten Powers, she was Weiners former GF and she quickly denounced his actions when the allegations came up a couple of years ago
    I am not sure... maybe we are on the same page.

What Filner did was sexual battery and he should pay (if proven guilty) both criminally and civilly. And the women who brought it to light however late in the day should be listened to and respected and the facts weighed by juries. And every day the people of San Diego leave him in office is an indictment against them. But... in addition... why should he have not had to "pay" on the spot with whatever force a woman would have had to employ to make him back off. Keep it simple. No class action dog-pile. Extract yourself and press charges.

Here is an example, if not a perfect one. There was an MD who had been abusive to nurses for years. (Happened in Texas, BTW...) They would cry and complain to their supervisors, and it would get swept under the rug. He finally clipped one of the nurses on the forehead when he threw a chart and she did NOT call the supervisor, she called the cops. It was over. That abuse ended. And, may I say... the all the MD's manners toward nurses improved greatly following the incident.

Another example: A guy's ex took up with a dirt-bag who was abusing her. Only problem was, she had joint custody of their two daughters. After the fella had picked up his girls at the women's shelter twice, he found the guy and broke his nose. And spent the night in jail. And plead no-lo. And it almost cost him his nursing license. But the dirt-bag took off and the guy finally got custody of his girls.

That's all I'm saying. Women should stand their ground and men who love them should back them up when need be.
    Last edited by 1tulip; 08-02-2013 at 12:10 AM.

sexual harassment is the easiest charge to level against someone, its also the hardest to prove,and one of the toughest to defend because it is the true "he said vs she said" situation....
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Filner has resigned. Finally!

Can we hope that Weiner takes the hint?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.