The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: remote launchers

Default remote launchers

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on the gunners up launchers vs. zinger wingers? Thanks for your help

I have Gunners up launchers and have never had any issues with them.

Manual throws, I like Zingers. Electronic throws I like Gunners Up. The servos on GU don't handle manual pulls well. Zingers require too much charge on the electronics and tend to give more no birds. I have both.
    Bubba Joiner

HRCH UH Ridgewood's Georgia Dawg (500 point club)
    HRCH Ridgewood's Gold II
    HRCH Hold My Beer & Watch This
    Hope She's A Duk Dawg

I'm a fan of Gunners Up for all the reasons stated above. The other thing is that while they used to be competitive in pricing, Zinger has gone up on their prices on the comparable models. It's a no brainer for me.

I just recently purchased 3 GU SOG with electronics and I could not be happier. I purchased these based on my experience running them at a HRC popper station. GU the Original is all they use now. I never thought I would go with the SOG because I did not think they would toss a bird well. Once I looked at the measurements and available room in my truck, I had to go with the SOG. Now that I have them in hand I am glad I made that decision on the smaller unit and they toss marks just fine. Again, very happy with Gunners Up Product.
    Joe B.

Northern Colorado

HRCH Bella's Devine Independence SH "Indy"
    Lakota Ridge Sage JH "Sage"
    SHR APR KB's Lakota Ridge Delaney JH "Del"
    RIP 2014 Lakotaridge Heartsome Tanner SH "Tanner"
    RIP 2012 Oryan of Cork "Orion"

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
    "Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment."

I am a gunners up guy. Have used them for many years and never looked back. Very reliable and you cannot beat the service of you ever need it. I am not sure why Bubba would use them manually instead of just throwing the bird, but the few times I have used them manually I did not have a problem.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Brakke View Post
    I just recently purchased 3 GU SOG with electronics and I could not be happier. I purchased these based on my experience running them at a HRC popper station. GU the Original is all they use now. I never thought I would go with the SOG because I did not think they would toss a bird well. Once I looked at the measurements and available room in my truck, I had to go with the SOG. Now that I have them in hand I am glad I made that decision on the smaller unit and they toss marks just fine. Again, very happy with Gunners Up Product.
    I still suggest anyone purchase the full size if you can transport them. I have both and seldom use the SOG, not because they are not good wingers but rather because I have room to carry the full size and they do throw farther and better. I know a lot of folks that cannot fit full size in their SUV or truck and they are very happy with the SOG. I do like the SOG for diversions and or in a situation where I may not be able to conceal a full size winger.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Brakke View Post
    kinda repeating but i got 2 SOG wingers not to long ago and love them. easy to set up and pretty easy to hide in natural cover. also when they are new they throw a duck pretty high and far, so if you have a dog that likes to break these will be the ticket to be able to get some corrections. also if you havent try using a winger for a diversion bird and you will see dogs that normally dont switch start switching because of the hang time.

I also like the GU because they are black and are not alum. glimmering in the sun. I know you can get the Zingers in black but its extra $.
    Joe B.

Northern Colorado

HRCH Bella's Devine Independence SH "Indy"
    Lakota Ridge Sage JH "Sage"
    SHR APR KB's Lakota Ridge Delaney JH "Del"
    RIP 2014 Lakotaridge Heartsome Tanner SH "Tanner"
    RIP 2012 Oryan of Cork "Orion"

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
    "Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment."