The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GDG Subaru anyone? GDG

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    All kidding aside, we have had several families from Wa at the last few winging ceremonies and they were telling me how liberal Wa is..
    Isn't that why it is referred to at "the left coast"?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Thanks for the replies. How about the regular stuff like alternators and starters? Any of ya'll have a clutch? That snow comment is pretty funny. I'm much more interested in the performance of the AC (Heat index here yesterday 115).
    They are about as bullet proof as a car can be. Subaru is the only car maker that Consumer Reports recommends every model. In New England you will see them with over 200k miles as daily family drivers. Guys that build there own airplanes use Subaru engines. The other good thing is that they are made in Indiana. You cannot go wrong with any Subaru. The boxer engine is the most durable gasoline engine made. They are also relatively simple mechanically.

Every used Subaru from Washington State smells like Patchouli. The smell won't go away...

Yup and most of them have the factory installed Obamabumper stickers. Truth is that there are 2 Washingtons. The gay liberalDemocrat version is located in King and Thurston counties. The rest of thestate is pretty solidly Conservative and Republican. Unfortunately there arejust enough of the Subaru driving, Microsoft working, dope smokin, Obama votingfor Libtards that there is no point in the rest of us even voting. They electedthe former Governor by an astonishing margin. Apparently 113% of the registeredvoters voted Democrat in a sufficient preponderance to survive severalrecounts. Oddly enough every time they recounted they found more Libtard votes.
    At’s why pass shooting Subarus is big sport in thiscounty.
    We return you now to your regularly scheduled programmingregards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

and has dirty-dready stains on the headrests...

My wife's car is a Subaru Forester (2007) and she loves it. They are long term cars. We have almost 100K miles on it now and have only done the usual routine maintenance plus tires. They don't get the best gas mileage but they will go about anywhere my truck will go. I have been impressed and would buy another one when we look for an upgrade.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    Almost all the Subaru's around here have these stickers on the back window;

Attachment 14461
    My parents have 2 Subaru's in the liberal la la land of CT and neither has anything like that on the bumper!
    OH both are late 90's models and have never had a break down or anything other than normal scheduled stuff required.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I say go with a Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie with a Cummins Turbo Diesel. I get great mileage, 24 hwy, and never have a problem with traffic. They just get out of the way! You would have to add the NRA, DU and RMEF stickers yourself. They don't come from the factory that way.

I Have heard of head gasket problems on some model years. others say they continue. I test drove one and sales guy said there was little to no price negotiation. That set the tone and i will look elsewhere for other manufacturer.

My wife is on her 3rd one. She loves them. Can't remember about the first one but the second she had was a 2001 forester and traded it last year with 195,000 miles. No major issues, but towards the end had an issue with the catalytic converters ( don't use aftermarket replace with subaru ones) other than that no probs and the AC still blew ice cold. New car is a forester too. Nice car and good in snow.
    The mightiest oak was once a small nut that stood its ground