The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: GDG Subaru anyone? GDG

Quote Originally Posted by claimsadj View Post
    Subaru, really? I'm ashamed.
    What the heck is a Subaru??? I'm not sure we have those here....
    Kendall Layne

HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

i have had 2. the first one was a 2000 outback limited. i learned that they dont have a submarine option. funny story that is..
    the second is a 02 outback with 250,000. i love this car. great mpg for going to hunt test and runs like a top. i think that my water pump is shot but the motor is designed so well that it doesnt need the pump. yes on 80 plus days doing 80mph with the ac on it will get hot. as long as i keep an eye on that i can put off fixing that.
    parts are a little pricey for them but things just dont break.

it is a good car that is built in illinois. the company started as 5 jap companies who joined together and each brought 1 model to the table. then in like 05 or so toyota bought subaru and there is what subaru is..

Quote Originally Posted by griff68w View Post
    it is a good car that is built in illinois. the company started as 5 jap companies who joined together and each brought 1 model to the table. then in like 05 or so toyota bought subaru and there is what subaru is..
    Toyota owns about 5% of Subaru and does not share any models. GM owns about three times more shares of Subaru than Toyota. Toyota has no real interest. Nissan, Renault and Chevy share more Subaru than any other company. In third world markets the Subaru "Forester" is actually called, Chevy Forester.

The transmission in the Outback is the same tranny they put in a Nissan Pathfinder. Renault's 4 wheel drive running gear is all Subaru. (happened to be talking to my buddy who has a 1960's restored Subaru and recently bought a new Outback sedan for his wife. He runs the top EuroCar shop in Seattle.) It does say something for their quality. He had a Mercedes Station Wagon and got rid of it because it was a POS. I almost bought a used Range Rover once and he came to my house to beat some sense into me. Anyways- they are good cars and around here are a constant target for easy jokes. His wife does have an Obama sticker on the back window BTW. His hyper Cummins with 5" exhaust makes up for having to ride around in the wifes 'Ru on occasion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    Toyota owns about 5% of Subaru and does not share any models. GM owns about three times more shares of Subaru than Toyota. Toyota has no real interest. Nissan, Renault and Chevy share more Subaru than any other company. In third world markets the Subaru "Forester" is actually called, Chevy Forester.

The transmission in the Outback is the same tranny they put in a Nissan Pathfinder. Renault's 4 wheel drive running gear is all Subaru. (happened to be talking to my buddy who has a 1960's restored Subaru and recently bought a new Outback sedan for his wife. He runs the top EuroCar shop in Seattle.) It does say something for their quality. He had a Mercedes Station Wagon and got rid of it because it was a POS. I almost bought a used Range Rover once and he came to my house to beat some sense into me. Anyways- they are good cars and around here are a constant target for easy jokes. His wife does have an Obama sticker on the back window BTW. His hyper Cummins with 5" exhaust makes up for having to ride around in the wifes 'Ru on occasion.
    Subaru is part of Fuji Heavy Industries and it is a public company. GM is out now I believe. Last I saw Toyota owned 16%.

hum? Interesting-

The automaker expects deliveries in the US to increase 8% to 385,000 vehicles during this fiscal year, which accounts for 51% of global deliveries totaling 752,000 vehicles. Net income is seen dropping 8% to 110 billion during the year started April 1st, compared with sales which will most likely increase 7.2% to 2.05 trillion yen. Analysts predicted that revenue and profit will reach 2.08 trillion yen and 116 billion yen respectively.
    During the year ended March, Fuji’s net income more than tripled reaching 119.6 billion yen and sales increased 26% to 1.91 trillion yen. Fuji, which is 16% owned by Toyota, has allocated about a third of its US capacity totaling 300,000 units to produce Camry sedans for Toyota.

Have to run premium in the forrester. kinda defeats the purpose of the gas mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by gdluck View Post
    Have to run premium in the forrester. kinda defeats the purpose of the gas mileage.
    They get about the same mileage as my 8,000lb diesel truck. That alone kind of defeats the purpose of all small SUV's. For that matter, the SUV's aren't small anymore. I was riding in my friends 1998 1500 Chevy 4x4 last week and a Honda SUV pulled up next to us. It was wider, taller and almost as long. People feel the brand name gives some sort of eco-friendly get out of tree hugger jail card. A well tuned 350 V-8 can get better mileage than any of those "small" SUV's.

you get 28-32MPG highway in a full size pickup with a V8???????

Drove a ford chevy and a dodge. Never even got 20MPG with a tailwind.

2013 Subaru Forester is rated 24mpg highway on premium fuel by the EPA. It's on their website. Run cheap gas, load with your goodies and junk, no way 28-32.
    Last edited by Paul "Happy" Gilmore; 08-08-2013 at 02:50 PM.