The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riding mower

Default Riding mower

Looking for a good dependable mower. It can be any brand to include zero turns. Semi rough ground roughly 5 acres.

Thanks
    Dave
    canine n. Synonymous with courage, valor, trust, selflessness. If we learned to be half of what dogs are, the world would be a much better place

John Deere. Not one you buy from Home Depot or Lowes or other retailers; but one you buy from the John Deere Dealer

Marc's right. John Deere z445 will do the trick. If price is an issue bad boy is probably the most mower for the money but will have a rougher ride. You can upgrade the seat on a bad boy for 300.

Quote Originally Posted by 2labs View Post
    Looking for a good dependable mower. It can be any brand to include zero turns. Semi rough ground roughly 5 acres.

Thanks
    Dave
    Depends on your pocket book.

Scag would be my first choice if $$ was no object.
    Dixie Chopper or EX Mark or Kubota.
    Toro or Ariens or the upper level Cub Cadet. All zero turns. The Scag, Kubota and Dixie Chopper will be the smoothest.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Banned

I have a one of the bigger Simplicity tractors that is now 19 years old and I have only needed to replace some rollers wheels and fix a weld on the mower deck. The company was still independent then, not sure about now. They are excellent machines but a bit small for 5 acres I would think. The is a zero turn line for bigger areas. They are really good machines.
    Last edited by SpinRetriever; 08-06-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Look at Hustler Zero turn

i'd go with a toro. I use one for my yard and it's awesome. plus a friend has a big lawn service and that's all he uses.

Senior Member Mike Peters-labguy23's Avatar

Grasshopper! I have been in sales for L&G for over 13 years now and sold quite a few brands and Grasshopper has the best product that I have sold.

Worked for the Simplicity group for 6 years and they have good products (Simplicity,Snapper,Snapper Pro, and Ferris). Simplicity units do not do real good on rough ground because of the roller on the deck. Snapper Pro is a good product for the price. Ferris has the best ride!

I sold ExMark and Toro for a few years. Both are solid products.
    I sold Dixie Choppers for 2 years and they are crude and not all that great.
    Scag makes good products.
    Bad Boy-would not own one.
    JD makes good high end tractors but I would not own a zero turn from them.
    Gravely are ok.

I always suggest finding a good dealer first and then zero in on the brands available.
    Mike Peters

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Peters-labguy23 View Post
    Grasshopper! I have been in sales for L&G for over 13 years now and sold quite a few brands and Grasshopper has the best product that I have sold.

Worked for the Simplicity group for 6 years and they have good products (Simplicity,Snapper,Snapper Pro, and Ferris). Simplicity units do not do real good on rough ground because of the roller on the deck. Snapper Pro is a good product for the price. Ferris has the best ride!

I sold ExMark and Toro for a few years. Both are solid products.
    I sold Dixie Choppers for 2 years and they are crude and not all that great.
    Scag makes good products.
    Bad Boy-would not own one.
    JD makes good high end tractors but I would not own a zero turn from them.
    Gravely are ok.

I always suggest finding a good dealer first and then zero in on the brands available.
    When my Simplicity was made the company was employee owned after spinning out of Allis Chalmers. Great machine, the way American products used to be made.

http://www.cubcadet.com/equipment/cu...ng-mowers/tank

I have the 27HP Kaw. Had it for a few years. No issues.
    "Perfection is the enemy of good enough" Vince Stone