The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riding mower

I'll have to suggest Exmark (same manf. as Toro). I borrow a buddies of mine and he is hands down the worst on equipment of anyone I've seen. That Exmark has almost 1,000 hours on it with him mowing stuff all over his ranch. They just bought a Scag which I like and he says it mows faster and likes it so far (only had it a week so far). Scag has zero down and free financing right now I think which is why he jumped on it.

Quote Originally Posted by kpolley View Post
    Marc's right. John Deere z445 will do the trick. If price is an issue bad boy is probably the most mower for the money but will have a rougher ride. You can upgrade the seat on a bad boy for 300.
    I bought one this year and love it. I had a regular JD riding mower until then. I mow about 3 acres and went from 3 1/2 hours on the mower to 1 1/2 hours on the zero turn.
    And like Marc said but from a dealer not a chain store ,there is a big difference in quality. Also the high capacity deck is a nice feature in heavy grass.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

BCR's Born to Boogie "Boogie" (FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus" X HR Big Creek Retrivers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy")

I have a hustler super v i love it. 54 inch cut. Roller on deck, when i get done it looks like golf corse fairways

I had a fairly large Simplicity - until mice built a nest in the cooling vent and I burned up the engine. I replaced it with this:

http://www.hustlerturf.com/products/x-one.html

It's built like a tank. It's a little high mowing around trees, but it's simply amazing what you can mow with it.

BTW: Don't google "Hustler" - it's HustlerTurf... )

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Stroyan View Post
    I had a fairly large Simplicity - until mice built a nest in the cooling vent and I burned up the engine. I replaced it with this:

http://www.hustlerturf.com/products/x-one.html

It's built like a tank. It's a little high mowing around trees, but it's simply amazing what you can mow with it.

BTW: Don't google "Hustler" - it's HustlerTurf... )
    That's what I have. The Hustler X-1 60". Kawasaki 27HP just got it this year to replace a smaller John Deere zero turn that could not do the job on my yard. What a difference. Have to wear hearing protection though... That thing is loud when you engage the blades!
    Bill Davis

We do 26 acres with a Scag Turf Tiger .....makes quick work of it.

200 HP Hesson with 14' deck and a 12.5 HP craftsman for the pond edges