The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for FT/HT clubs in Arizona

Default Looking for FT/HT clubs in Arizona

My family and I will be moving from Alaska to Tucson in January and I'm looking for FT and or HT clubs in the general area. Also would like to hook up with a local teaining group as well. Any suggestions? Would certainly be willing to drive a couple of hours if none in that area.
    Carol

Alaska to Arizona... you don't go in for subtle life-style changes, huh? I would like to read someone answer this thread as well. We are gradually positioning ourselves to retire and we will be in AZ during the milder months.

Try http://www.copperstatehrc.org/

Great people!

Thanks Arnie! I'm actually running a NAHRA senior test with my older lab this Saturday so I can continue running him there. Good to know. I already have an HRCH title on my 5 y.o. male and they run HRC events at that club as well but how about field trials? I'm running all age stakes with the 5 y.o. And will have a derby dog late next summer. Any clubs out that way run field trials?

I'm pretty new to the Hunt Test game and I've never run a Field Trial. I have attended a couple of tests that Copper State hosted. That's how I know they're great people. I'd contact them. I'm sure they'd point you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by akbrowndogs View Post
    Thanks Arnie! I'm actually running a NAHRA senior test with my older lab this Saturday so I can continue running him there. Good to know. I already have an HRCH title on my 5 y.o. male and they run HRC events at that club as well but how about field trials? I'm running all age stakes with the 5 y.o. And will have a derby dog late next summer. Any clubs out that way run field trials?
    Southern Arizona and Phoenix Retriever club host field trials in Niland Calif. they are usually the first two trials of the year in February while the rest of the country is still in snow
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Thanks Bon, my 4 month old pup is going to Niland with Patty Kiernan so I'm assuming I'll be running trials there as well. Thanks for the info.

Thanks Bon, my 4 month old pup is going to Niland with Patty Kiernan so I'm assuming I'll be running trials there as well. Thanks for the info.
    Patty purchased some land in Niland, right near Andy Kahn (formerly J. Vollstedt's place,) Mickey Rawlins and the Erwins also have some property there which is where they hold the trials....

Phoenix Retriever Club also hosts a trial in either Nov after the National or in early Dec
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

AK, they'll have probably 6 trials in Niland during the year.Bon mentioned two. San Diego usually has trials there too. Patti is a good choice for your pup.Glad to hear your on the team.
    Bon, did you get the PM I sent you a while ago?

Jeff
    Jeff Gruber
    working on pelts
    Duckponds Prize Package
    CK'S Contessa (avatar)
    Ice Chilled Juice

I will be glad to see you at Patti. I train with her. I am a a member of the Phoenix club PRC. We have a trial the end of OCt and another in Jan. SARC also has a trial or 2 which Patti usually Chairs I tried to send tho to you before but lost it before I finished. The Phoenix club has only a few active member but thankfully the trialers in Niland help us a lot. There is no club activity in Phoenix as no training grounds. Some of our dogs are with Patti. See you in Niland!
    Field trialer. I have an FC Golden Retriever and running trials Casey and a retired FT black lab Lightning.
    Marie Annette Doherty