The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GDG Subaru anyone? GDG

Default GDG Subaru anyone? GDG

Just wondering if anyone has a subaru and if so have you had one for long enough (6+yrs) to have an idea as to long term maintenance, durability, etc. Have been thinking that Subaru might be my next vehicle, but we keep our vehicles for a long time (the '96 F 150 is my "new" truck and the '82 bronco the "old" one) and I want something that has some staying power.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

We've had 2 Subarus, a car for 10 years and a Forester for 10 years. Buying another Forester this winter. Both were bought new and had no problems with either.
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

Love my Subarus. I am driving a 99 Forester now with 120,000 miles everyday to work. My wife who used to drive her 2004 Legacy to work has 240,000 miles on it. My daughter is on her second, a 2004 Legacy with 150,000 miles. Great cars and do go nice in the snow. One day my wife calls me (just breathless) and says that I cannot believe what her little car can do in snow. this was after a 2 hour drive for the 35 miles she had to go to work in ND. Upkeep has been minimal normal stuff. Oil changes evry 3 to 5K and timing belts at 100K.
    Dick

I have a 2002 Forester with 120,000 miles and use it almost every day. PM timing belts @ 70,000 and oil changes. It has the original battery in it .

Thanks for the replies. How about the regular stuff like alternators and starters? Any of ya'll have a clutch? That snow comment is pretty funny. I'm much more interested in the performance of the AC (Heat index here yesterday 115).
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Almost all the Subaru's around here have these stickers on the back window;

girls.jpg

My GF brother owns a Forester with 295,000 mile on it and other than normal maintainence he's never had an issue with it. It's a 2003 and it's seen a great part of this country.
    Good car if you ask me.
    The foundation to a great retriever is obedience.
    Firestorms Full Throttle Chevy aka Callie-Roo 7/5/2007 - 10/25/2013 I miss you every day
    Proud owner of Kona's Surfer Girl, aka Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    Almost all the Subaru's around here have these stickers on the back window;

girls.jpg

Yeah, but look where you live. I suspect almost all the F250's, Dodge Ram Turbo diesels, and VW bugs display the same sticker. You might as well live in San Francisco.

That's sort of like me saying most of the Subarus in my area have Texas license plates.
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

Naw, most of the boys drive Miata's or Jeeps. The gals love their Lezbaru's. Parking on Capitol Hill is tough and trucks don't fit in well. I sold Budweiser from our gay/lesbian area to Martin Luther King Way/South Seattle. I had a very diverse customer base. I had bars favored by every race, color and nationality. The good ole' days in the beer business just after college.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    Naw, most of the boys drive Miata's or Jeeps. The gals love their Lezbaru's. Parking on Capitol Hill is tough and trucks don't fit in well. I sold Budweiser from our gay/lesbian area to Martin Luther King Way/South Seattle. I had a very diverse customer base. I had bars favored by every race, color and nationality. The good ole' days in the beer business just after college.
    All kidding aside, we have had several families from Wa at the last few winging ceremonies and they were telling me how liberal Wa is. Don't know why it never really occurred to me. I've always thought of Wa as being one of the sportsman's paradises and that image doesn't really fit with a deep violet state. The dad of one of the navy aviators insisted that Wa leaned so far to the left that he expected it to drift off into the pacific at any time. Too bad. From what I have seen it has to be one of the prettiest states (of course anything green looks good to me these days).
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)