The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FC AFC Yellowstone's TNT Explosion x Chena River Smoking Gun "Nitro"

Default FC AFC Yellowstone's TNT Explosion x Chena River Smoking Gun "Nitro"

Can anyone tell me how his progeny are doing and anything else that would tell me what to expect in a puppy out of him?

If you are only interested in the breeding of those two. I found two offspring that was born 6-18-2011. One has a senior title and the other made the derby list and QAA.
    Terry C.

You can't win if you don't play, every dog has his day

Sunny Dee Light MH QAA (Sunny)
    Sunny's Black Gold Texas Tea, Derby Dog (Crude)

Really interested in what people know about the sire. I believe in the breeder and the breeding, have a deposit down and am keeping my fingers crossed that everything about the AI goes well. I was trying to figure out strengths and weaknesses that people might be aware of. There was a robust discussion about Lean Mac on this site with people who'd seen him run back in the day. It was fascinating. I think that's the neat thing about this forum.

Nitro is gone now. What can people tell me about him. He's a handsome dog... just wondering about performance and personality.

sent you a pm
    Duckworth Retrievers

I had a dog out of him. Plenty, and I mean plenty, of drive. She was a little sensitive to corrections but tended to be very forgiving. Marked well but sometimes was moving faster than her brain could function (she was not dumb, she could fly). Probably the most athletic dog I have ever seen. She could scoop up a bird or bumper at full stride without you even know she had it. She was a little hyper in the field but shut down inside and hung out well.

FYI. He does have a tendency to throw yellow puppies with a couple of white toes. Just a pretty cool trait a lot of people don't know about.
    Bubba Joiner

HRCH UH Ridgewood's Georgia Dawg (500 point club)
    HRCH Ridgewood's Gold II
    HRCH Hold My Beer & Watch This
    Hope She's A Duk Dawg

I want one!!

Quote Originally Posted by bjoiner View Post
    I had a dog out of him. Plenty, and I mean plenty, of drive. She was a little sensitive to corrections but tended to be very forgiving. Marked well but sometimes was moving faster than her brain could function (she was not dumb, she could fly). Probably the most athletic dog I have ever seen. She could scoop up a bird or bumper at full stride without you even know she had it. She was a little hyper in the field but shut down inside and hung out well.

FYI. He does have a tendency to throw yellow puppies with a couple of white toes. Just a pretty cool trait a lot of people don't know about.
    Oh, if only we could tell what we were going to get before the puppies hit the ground! We'd all own field champions then.

What you describe is pretty much what I'm needing. For the first time since the kids were born (30 plus years and 2 graduate degrees ago) I'll have time to train my own dog. THere are so many great learning resources these days and I'm reading and watching all of them. (When I began so long ago I read James Lamb Free and Wolters' Water Dog... heh...) still managed to get a few JAMs in the minor stakes. Since then, I've just written checks to some fine pros.

BUT... my last dog before I quit way back when was a line breeding on River Oaks Corky and I swear he was just exactly the dog you describe in your post. A thrill to watch, terribly forgiving, would come back after either he screwed up or I did and try it again. No sulking, no bugging, and in the house he'd fall down bonelessly by the wood stove and loll around the house like any other mutt.

Well... I guess a few years from now I'll know what kind of hand I'm dealt.

Good luck with the new pup.
    Bubba Joiner

HRCH UH Ridgewood's Georgia Dawg (500 point club)
    HRCH Ridgewood's Gold II
    HRCH Hold My Beer & Watch This
    Hope She's A Duk Dawg

Nitro pups are somewhat soft but very intelligent. My Meg is out of him and she was and still is awesome. MH HRCH UH and she passed the grand in 2006. We misses the grand titled before I said no more. She still runs the weekend test but they are limited. Call me if you want to hear more. There are several of his pups in my area and they all the same.
    Margo Ellis

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
    ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

In All Thy Ways Acknowledge Him And He Shall Direct Thy Paths. Proverbs 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by Margo Ellis View Post
    Nitro pups are somewhat soft but very intelligent.
    I'd have said Nitro pups are soft but talented They can take pressure but don't need it, very amateur friendly. The best I've ever seen were Nitro crossed to a Lean Mac bitch, (look at the bitch side of this years Candian NAFC ). I didn't know there was semen left, where's the liter you might have a bit more completion for a pup
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    SHR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)