The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Lt. Lorance

Default Lt. Lorance

http://townhall.com/columnists/katie...rance-n1693439

Lt. Lorance disobeyed the rules of engagement in A'stan. No, he didn't kill innocent people. He simply allowed his US troops to take precision shots at individuals that intelligence indicated were Taliban insurgents.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

"Around this time, the Obama administration implemented “Afghan in the Lead,” a nebulous set of rules of engagement whereby American commanders were supposed to let the Afghan forces take the lead, if the Afghans wanted to lead." .................................................. ......
    With seconds to react, Lt. Lorance used his common sense. He authorized his American marksmen to make precision shots and route these ostensible Taliban spotters instead of relying on his Afghan soldiers, who had less training and a reputation for being trigger-happy. Lt. Lorance did the right thing; he eliminated what his intelligence told him were Taliban and also eliminated the loss of additional innocent lives that could have been lost had he authorized his Afghan soldiers to lead.
    I read around ten articles on it, and the only one that talks about Afghan forces at the scene is the one in your link, not sure what to make of that.