The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levin and a Paradigm Shift

Gary, Thanks and Perfect.....!

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Franco..... And if you are suggesting that President Reagan started what we call today as RINO's...then you better go back and really study his presidency.....Reagan defined true Conservatism and the value it has had on our country historically.....but maybe I am misunderstanding your comment on Reagan.....I hope so anyway.....!
    It would appear to me that your misunderstanding is of history.......NOT of what Franco said

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Franco.....If you really believe that a third party is a good thing, you better be darn sure you chop off the Democratic Head prior to going for a third party. Dems represent large special interest groups Unions, Blacks, Hispanics, Poor, So Called 'middle class', gays, in general people seeking entitlements, etc. These groups are in lock step with the entitlements and Marxist agenda....if you do not Republicans at the poles...you will forever have Democrats for leaders.....I do not believe we have room for a third party until this powerful liberal Marxist Democratic party is stopped! And if you are suggesting that President Reagan started what we call today as RINO's...then you better go back and really study his presidency.....Reagan defined true Conservatism and the value it has had on our country historically.....but maybe I am misunderstanding your comment on Reagan.....I hope so anyway.....!
    Well, the GOP is in lock step with special interest and are the biggest proponets of Crony Capitalism. They fail to believe in the Free Market.

You are toting Levin's push for a Balanced Budget Amendment. I've been 100% for it for years! But, how can you support the GOP, a party that wouldn't dare support a Balanced Budget? They were the first to proclaim that, "deficts don't matter", under Reagan. They were the biggest supporters of raiding SS to balance the budget under Speaker Gingrich. SS the largest US debt holder! Boehner kicked Amash of the Budget Committee because he wanted to propose a Balanced Budget! I'll add the both the Dems and Repubs Foreign Policy is a disaster. I just don't understand how anyone could support such dyfunctionalism and wouldn't support real refrom and change. The only Repubs on The Hill that are inspiring anyone are the ones that lean Libertarian.
    Last edited by Franco; 08-14-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Well, the GOP is in lock step with special interest and are the biggest proponets of Crony Capitalism. They fail to believe in the Free Market.

You are toting Levin's push for a Balanced Budget Amendment. I've been 100% for it for years! But, how can you support the GOP, a party that wouldn't dare support a Balanced Budget? They were the first to proclaim that, "deficts don't matter", under Reagan. They were the biggest supporters of raiding SS to balance the budget under Speaker Gingrich. SS the largest US debt holder! Boehner kicked Amash of the Budget Committee because he wanted to propose a Balanced Budget! I'll add the both the Dems and Repubs Foreign Policy is a disaster. I just don't understand how anyone could support such dyfunctionalism and wouldn't support real refrom and change. The only Repubs on The Hill that are inspiring anyone are the ones that lean Libertarian.
    There you go again, Franco. You DID leave the Republican party so you could promote YOUR messianic message, rather than fight to rid the RINOS and their form of cronyism from the Republican party. This nation was founded as a Republic, so kicking that form of government out is ludicrous. Time you started putting your support into changing what you dislike in that form of government than pretend another party will become the standard bearer the nation can follow.

Furthermore your constant misquoting of Reagan is nothing more than pathetic ignorance to showboat your views. Stop taking what you believe Reagan stood for by removing something out of context. "deficits don't matter" was never a view of Reagan, except as it pertained to lowering taxes would have a huge impact on them. Only the constant spending Democrats blamed him for not providing more for them to squander on their favorite vote-getting programs, when in fact during his administration more money came into the fed coffers after he reduced the taxes than before. Had that kept up, those deficits would have been covered. So please stop implying the Republicans under Reagan were the tax and spend party, when it just shoots down any intelligent thought we might have of you.

Most conservatives I know have no problem endorsing the various Libertarian-based politicians. We have far less objection to a Rand Paul than most of you narrow minded members of that party do. Your anti-social atheistic followers that have no belief in God, and thus think all other voters must remove God from the platform because we will never win any elections by endorsing anyone that also has that as an important belief in their life, is where we part ways. The fact of the matter is, when we become a nation that's NOT under God, we will no longer be a nation. You can then develope all the 3rd parties you desire, but without the help of God Almighty you will just succumb to whatever Satan has planned for you and the other fools in this country.

We that still fight for the conservative movement may not have the answers, but be assured, we know you and your ilk certainly don't.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

In 1980, Reagan inherited a deficit of 2.7% of GDP from the Carter years. During the Reagan Presidency, the Deficit went to 4.2% of GDP. And, that's a fact Jack! Reagan may have been good for many reasons but spending, Iran-Contra and Amnesty are NOT three issues to be proud of.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

A-HEM, Gentlemen...

The third or fourth party is moot. Anyone we send to Versailles-on-the-Potomac simply becomes another dandy in the Royal Court or they get crushed and marginalized. Our salvation will not come from that direction. WE must struggle for the soul of the country and do it in the "novel" manner of following Constitutional remedies instituted by the prescient founders who anticipated THIS VERY SITUATION!!!

Please pick up the book. What will be needed is lots of local (and state-wide) net-working. You'll need to elect STATE assemblymen and senators who have a passion to return rightful power to the States. Just elect enough of them to put some fear into the previously go-along-to-get-along quasi-do-nothing-pseudo-Republicans-and-pretend-Conservatives. See if they all of a sudden discover they've loved the Constitution all this time... who knew!???

The usual squabbles have produced nothing but division and empowered the hierarchy and fixed bureaucracies in Washington. The divisions between the real people (you and me and others on this site) have created an elite class... a ruling class. We can't disempower them by trying to damage each other.

It's time to unite.

Quote Originally Posted by 1tulip View Post
    http://directorblue.blogspot.com/201...ark-levin.html

Anyone else have thoughts on the book or plan to read it?
    I just purchased the book. I hope to have read in the next few weeks.
    What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

I just purchased this book on my kindle....this book is amazing....i feel we have one more chance to get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by 1tulip View Post
    A-HEM, Gentlemen...

The third or fourth party is moot. Anyone we send to Versailles-on-the-Potomac simply becomes another dandy in the Royal Court or they get crushed and marginalized. Our salvation will not come from that direction. WE must struggle for the soul of the country and do it in the "novel" manner of following Constitutional remedies instituted by the prescient founders who anticipated THIS VERY SITUATION!!!

Please pick up the book. What will be needed is lots of local (and state-wide) net-working. You'll need to elect STATE assemblymen and senators who have a passion to return rightful power to the States. Just elect enough of them to put some fear into the previously go-along-to-get-along quasi-do-nothing-pseudo-Republicans-and-pretend-Conservatives. See if they all of a sudden discover they've loved the Constitution all this time... who knew!???

The usual squabbles have produced nothing but division and empowered the hierarchy and fixed bureaucracies in Washington. The divisions between the real people (you and me and others on this site) have created an elite class... a ruling class. We can't disempower them by trying to damage each other.

It's time to unite.
    Great Post......!! Thanks

Uncle Bill...always get's it right....Franco should read his post, over about 100 times, maybe it will sink in!