The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levin and a Paradigm Shift

Mudminnow, are you familiar with Thomas DiLorenzo? YouTube him. You'll find a couple of speeches on Lincoln. Another good one is "Why the Constitution Had To Be Destroyed".

I love DiLorenzo, he does actual research and makes great logical points about Lincoln. Lew Rockwell has a group of articles under the title of "king Lincoln" and many of his article are there. You should look this DiLorenzo guy up swamp

I'll look for the articles. Got to meet Lew last year at a Mises event in Houston. Planning on going again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Well MM....I believe there is hope for you yet....anyone who owns Golden's cannot be completely lost....I have three including a new 8 month old....and where I live Ducks and other fowl...keep us all going! That being said, you may be 'right' or is that a bad word in your world?? Anyway, I like a lot of things that Libertarians stand for and believe in. You know, this will ruin it for me with Franco.....regardless. Your comments deserve me to open up a bit! I am really a Tea Party Guy.....I hate the RINO's and like you we (Wife and Golden's) are disillusioned with the Republican Party as it now stands. Unfortunately, I believe that history (including the Ross Perot(sp?) mess) has taught us that to beat the Democrats, you have to beat them with the Republican votes! Let's face it they own the media, unions, have worked with the NEA and dumbed down the youth to get their support, and many other large special interest groups, not to mention the massive increases in Federal, State, and Local Government employees who vote in 'lock step' with the Dem's. These massive voting blocks will bury us, if we do not unite now under one banner. Unless or Until we have a true civil war, I do not think a third party will take hold fast enough to stop the Dem's. I hope the 'war' does not happen, I believe we can win at the polls if all these splintered groups, do like the Dem's and speak at the polls with one voice. This and only this will turn this tide, then we can deal with the problems in the Republican Party and take it back!
    Sure thing Swamp. The problems in this country would all be solved if we just vote Republican
    I know what a historical expert you are, so would you give me a brief synopsis of how well things went for the country during 2001-2007 when the "CONSERVATIVE" Republicans controlled the White House and both houses of Congress. Please focus your lecture on the bedrock "CONSERVATIVE" issues of balanced budgets, peace, prosperity {achieved through deregulation} fiscal responsibility, smaller government, respect for individual rights & freedoms, transparency in govt etc

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Franco....good quote from one of my favorite conservatives Mr. Thomas Sowell....his book, Vision of the Anointed was one of my favorite reads...here is another recent Southern Conservative that says it all very well...http://www.youtube.com/embed/n_YQ8560E1w?autoplay=1

Glad you liked the Sowell quote. It was directed at Abe Lincoln. Unlike Ross Perot's campaign, the Libertarian Party is more than just one candidate. We have 8 candidates running for Governorships, numerous candidates running for the House and Senate and dozens running for state and municipal seats.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Glad you liked the Sowell quote. It was directed at Abe Lincoln. Unlike Ross Perot's campaign, the Libertarian Party is more than just one candidate. We have 8 candidates running for Governorships, numerous candidates running for the House and Senate and dozens running for state and municipal seats.
    Franco, I do not think black Americans would agree with your thoughts on Lincoln turning Americans against Americans....this includes Thomas Sowell, who as you surely know, is a black American, raised in a Ghetto. So you are suggesting that like Perot's campaign that 'bled off' enough Republican votes to let Clinton win the election, your "numerous candidates" at the State and Congressional levels are going to pull Conservative votes and help more Democrats be elected....really a smart plan!

mjh345...I agree with the end of your comments, as far a focus going forward for all of us! As far as justifying what happened in 2001-2007 the short answer is that it was way better than what we have now. My point is if we all don't come together quickly, you are probably looking at the best it will ever be for you, your kids, Grandkids.....the Dem's are killing the country we all love.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Franco, I do not think black Americans would agree with your thoughts on Lincoln turning Americans against Americans....this includes Thomas Sowell, who as you surely know, is a black American, raised in a Ghetto. So you are suggesting that like Perot's campaign that 'bled off' enough Republican votes to let Clinton win the election, your "numerous candidates" at the State and Congressional levels are going to pull Conservative votes and help more Democrats be elected....really a smart plan!
    nor would they agree with Lincoln saying this:

"I have no purpose to introduce political and social equality between the white and black races.? There is a physical difference between the two, which, in my judgment, will probably forever forbid their living together upon the footing of perfect equality.? I . . . am in favor of the race to which I belong having the superior position."

And concerning voting, it is a very philosophical argument on both sides but I hold to the argument that if I don't vote for who I think will do the best job, I have not done my civic duty.

MM....How's that not voting going for you now? Feeling real good about our leadership in Washington.....?