The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 136

Thread: Mark Levin and a Paradigm Shift

  1. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Wow....you spent a long time thinking through the "logic" on this comment....(Not)!
    Your comments are usually good for comic relief: not so much on Logic

  2. #92
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Your comments are usually good for comic relief: not so much on Logic
    Well isn't that the tea pot calling the kettle black! Or does this "logic" escape you?

  3. #93
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    swamp, I am still waiting for you to give an example of a republican who actually decreased the size of government. And seriously unless you have a PhD in every subject you talk about, you are not automatically the expert. And I am not amazed by your knowledge of history, it is pretty standard from what I can gather. I think you know a good bit. But folks used to know a good bit about a flat earth too and those round earth guys had limited knowledge of science in the opinion of the state/church scholars.
    Mud....you know as I do that "decreasing the size of government" is a Liberal Trap Question, because this includes the military. When in office, Dem's usually massively decrease the military and spend that money and more on "entitlements" to buy more votes. When President Reagan came into office, he had to increase the military as it was in shambles and countries like Iran were out of control....so this question is stupid, unless you take into consideration the state of the world at the time a President was in office! Of course you already understand this. Regardless, when someone like you who thinks U. S. History teaches a "mythical Lincoln" is obviously someone who's judgments do not matter...

  4. #94
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Mud....you know as I do that "decreasing the size of government" is a Liberal Trap Question, because this includes the military. When in office, Dem's usually massively decrease the military and spend that money and more on "entitlements" to buy more votes. When President Reagan came into office, he had to increase the military as it was in shambles and countries like Iran were out of control....so this question is stupid, unless you take into consideration the state of the world at the time a President was in office! Of course you already understand this. Regardless, when someone like you who thinks U. S. History teaches a "mythical Lincoln" is obviously someone who's judgments do not matter...
    Swamp, you mean when the Reagan Administration was shipping arms to Iraq knowing full well that Iraq was using serin and mustard gas on the Iranians? http://reason.com/blog/2013/08/26/de...-reveal-us-hel Your response is typical NeoCon as you fail to understand the complexities of our involvement with Iran, Iraq and the entire Mideast. We wouldn't have had this situation with Iran if we hadn't participated in the overthrow of their elected President and placed the tyrant Shah into power! Our failed Foreign policy and the military lobby is the only reason we waste so much on military spending. Conservatives believe in The Constitution where defense of our country and people are called for and not world unilateral intervention!
    Last edited by Franco; 08-27-2013 at 11:33 AM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  5. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Mud....you know as I do that "decreasing the size of government" is a Liberal Trap Question, because this includes the military. When in office, Dem's usually massively decrease the military and spend that money and more on "entitlements" to buy more votes. When President Reagan came into office, he had to increase the military as it was in shambles and countries like Iran were out of control....so this question is stupid, unless you take into consideration the state of the world at the time a President was in office! Of course you already understand this. Regardless, when someone like you who thinks U. S. History teaches a "mythical Lincoln" is obviously someone who's judgments do not matter...
    I really want to get into a Lincoln debate...but I will hold off. We should decrease spending in the military and with entitlements. A while back I made a thread that was titled "you might be a neocon if...". I should add one saying you might be a neocon if you are a swampcollielover. Well not literally, I have a swamp collie myself and he is an ardent anarcho-capitalist who challenges authority at every chance he gets, promotes peace in the household, and realizes that submitting to some authority is better for him and his home. In fact, he convinced me to be libertarian and is still trying to get me to make the leap to anarcho-capitalism.

    I told him about this debate and he mentioned and I quote "the hypocrisy of republicans. They want smaller govt but bigger military. They want to criticize Obama phones but say nothing about 15 trillion on a fighter jet when air to air combat is non existent. They talk about freedom but crave war. The one thing dems and repubs agree on is that freedom needs to be spread and it must be done with bombs. And Lincoln, don't get me started on that guy. He was a huge racist who only freed slaves in southern states and considered blacks less than himself, unlike that great man Robert E. Lee. He put judges into jail when he didn't like their rulings, ordered the death of thousands of his own countrymen and waged total war. Heck if he were in office today he would consider my breed less of a dog than those Labradors, and then only the yellow ones would be accepted. (pause to pee on tree) But mudminnow, you need to back off a bit. It wasn't too long ago that you were singing GWB's praises on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. After you started to realize that very little separates the two main parties you walked my direction a bit to the libertarians. so cut this swampcollielover a break. He will come to his senses at some point. So back to more important things, you say there is a dummy in the thick cover? can I get it, can I get it, I want it......"

    Swamp, those were his words not mine, oh he also said chill out and have a brew


  6. #96
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,534

    Default

    Hey Mud, the new F35 Fighters are only 1.3 BILLION each, what a bargain! Besides, what would the military contractor's lobby do if we stopped buying so much hardware? Lincoln, that scoundrel. He was against the 13th Amendment before the war. He sent insurgent terrorist against his own people terrorizing and killing and opposed any form of States Rights. He only supported the 13th Amendment to keep the French from siding with the Freedom Fighters from the South!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  7. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Only 1.3 billion a piece, wow what a deal, haha. And sorry, I fact checked my dog and the program to develop the f-35 is only 1.5 trillion. He can run blinds but decimals still give him trouble

  8. #98
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I really want to get into a Lincoln debate...but I will hold off. We should decrease spending in the military and with entitlements. A while back I made a thread that was titled "you might be a neocon if...". I should add one saying you might be a neocon if you are a swampcollielover. Well not literally, I have a swamp collie myself and he is an ardent anarcho-capitalist who challenges authority at every chance he gets, promotes peace in the household, and realizes that submitting to some authority is better for him and his home. In fact, he convinced me to be libertarian and is still trying to get me to make the leap to anarcho-capitalism.

    I told him about this debate and he mentioned and I quote "the hypocrisy of republicans. They want smaller govt but bigger military. They want to criticize Obama phones but say nothing about 15 trillion on a fighter jet when air to air combat is non existent. They talk about freedom but crave war. The one thing dems and repubs agree on is that freedom needs to be spread and it must be done with bombs. And Lincoln, don't get me started on that guy. He was a huge racist who only freed slaves in southern states and considered blacks less than himself, unlike that great man Robert E. Lee. He put judges into jail when he didn't like their rulings, ordered the death of thousands of his own countrymen and waged total war. Heck if he were in office today he would consider my breed less of a dog than those Labradors, and then only the yellow ones would be accepted. (pause to pee on tree) But mudminnow, you need to back off a bit. It wasn't too long ago that you were singing GWB's praises on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. After you started to realize that very little separates the two main parties you walked my direction a bit to the libertarians. so cut this swampcollielover a break. He will come to his senses at some point. So back to more important things, you say there is a dummy in the thick cover? can I get it, can I get it, I want it......"

    Swamp, those were his words not mine, oh he also said chill out and have a brew

    Well MM....I believe there is hope for you yet....anyone who owns Golden's cannot be completely lost....I have three including a new 8 month old....and where I live Ducks and other fowl...keep us all going! That being said, you may be 'right' or is that a bad word in your world?? Anyway, I like a lot of things that Libertarians stand for and believe in. You know, this will ruin it for me with Franco.....regardless. Your comments deserve me to open up a bit! I am really a Tea Party Guy.....I hate the RINO's and like you we (Wife and Golden's) are disillusioned with the Republican Party as it now stands. Unfortunately, I believe that history (including the Ross Perot(sp?) mess) has taught us that to beat the Democrats, you have to beat them with the Republican votes! Let's face it they own the media, unions, have worked with the NEA and dumbed down the youth to get their support, and many other large special interest groups, not to mention the massive increases in Federal, State, and Local Government employees who vote in 'lock step' with the Dem's. These massive voting blocks will bury us, if we do not unite now under one banner. Unless or Until we have a true civil war, I do not think a third party will take hold fast enough to stop the Dem's. I hope the 'war' does not happen, I believe we can win at the polls if all these splintered groups, do like the Dem's and speak at the polls with one voice. This and only this will turn this tide, then we can deal with the problems in the Republican Party and take it back!

  9. #99
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Hey Mud, the new F35 Fighters are only 1.3 BILLION each, what a bargain! Besides, what would the military contractor's lobby do if we stopped buying so much hardware? Lincoln, that scoundrel. He was against the 13th Amendment before the war. He sent insurgent terrorist against his own people terrorizing and killing and opposed any form of States Rights. He only supported the 13th Amendment to keep the French from siding with the Freedom Fighters from the South!
    Franco and Mudminnow....I have struggled with both of your misguided understanding of President Lincoln....this last post just solved this mystery for me. Heck I lived in Memphis (10) and Virginia (4) for many years, but I have been out of the South for to long (10).....now I understand why you bad mouth Lincoln....The South Never Dies....got it! I will say no more about this now that I understand.....I know better then to fight about the Civil War with Southerners.......
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 08-27-2013 at 03:26 PM.

  10. #100
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,534

    Default

    Last edited by Franco; 08-27-2013 at 04:47 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •