The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Mark Levin and a Paradigm Shift

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    nor would they agree with Lincoln saying this:

"I have no purpose to introduce political and social equality between the white and black races.? There is a physical difference between the two, which, in my judgment, will probably forever forbid their living together upon the footing of perfect equality.? I . . . am in favor of the race to which I belong having the superior position."

And concerning voting, it is a very philosophical argument on both sides but I hold to the argument that if I don't vote for who I think will do the best job, I have not done my civic duty.

Not only is it your duty to vote your conscience, I think most are tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. The Presidential debates have become a joke and more and more folks are being disenfranchised with the two Party system because thet don't agree with either of the two. Other voices need to be heard or we will keep ending up with the same old, same old. Also, others can NOT assume that a third party like the Libertarian Party will only draw from disenfranchised former Repubs. There are a lot of Dems that believe in Fiscal responsibilty that can't side with the Repubs because of their Draconian social policies and the fact that the Repubs have been just as irresponsible fiscally as the Dems.

It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

So Franco and Mudminnow...if Rand Paul gets the Republican nomination for President .....who you gonna vote for? I can assure you he will not be running for President as a Libertarian, because he "gets it"

I will vote for Rand as long as he is a non interventionist. If he comes out in support of a war on Iran or any other country, for the most part, during the primaries then I will be voting for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    So Franco and Mudminnow...if Rand Paul gets the Republican nomination for President .....who you gonna vote for? I can assure you he will not be running for President as a Libertarian, because he "gets it"
    I would vote Rand because I think he is the ONLY one willing to take the heat and drastically cut the size of our Fed Gov and not operate a budget that creates more debt. Though sadly he is not the Libertarian his father is and though he has been somewhat corrupted by the Repubs, I think he would do a good job with Fiscal matters. He's a dud on social issues. But, I think someone else like a Christy or Walker will get the nod. I will say that I like Walker a lot, I just find it hard to support such an incompetent party.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I would vote Rand because I think he is the ONLY one willing to take the heat and drastically cut the size of our Fed Gov and not operate a budget that creates more debt. Though sadly he is not the Libertarian his father is and though he has been somewhat corrupted by the Repubs, I think he would do a good job with Fiscal matters. He's a dud on social issues. But, I think someone else like a Christy or Walker will get the nod. I will say that I like Walker a lot, I just find it hard to support such an incompetent party.
    Hmmmm.......how about a ticket of Walker and Paul?????

RK

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Hmmmm.......how about a ticket of Walker and Paul?????
    RK
    First, let me say that I saw the recently released ACT Scores for WI where ya'll scored 2nd in the Nation. Obviously, Walker's actions did not hurt the schools or educational system in the state. I like how he has cut government, expenses, and has the public sector unions under somewhat control. I just think he will need a running mate that could help in in states like Michigan, Minnesota and east and west coasts in general. Certainly not Jeb Bush! I think when people hear the Bush name, they run for the hills. Jindal would make a good head for the Dept Of Health. Not sure yet but I think Walker will get the nod over Christy. Now, if Carla Howell runs on the Libertarian ticket, I'll have to support her!
    Last edited by Franco; 08-28-2013 at 03:38 PM.

First, let me say that I saw the recently release ACT Scores for WI where ya'll scored 2nd in the Nation. Obviously, Walker's actions did not hurt the schools or educational system in the state. I like how he has cut government, expenses, and has the public sector unions under somewhat control. I just think he will need a running mate that could help in in states like Michigan, Minnesota and east and west coasts in general. Certainly not Jeb Bush! I think when people hear the Bush name, they run for the hills. Jindal would make a good head for the Dept Of Health. Not use yet but I think Walker will get the nod over Christy. Now, if Carla Howell runs on the Libertarian ticket, I'll have to support her!
    Walker has no chance of getting the Republican nomination.

Not only did he NOT go to Harvard, he did not graduate from any college.
    Though he attended Marquette U for 4 years.

The media will tear him apart for that.
    Last edited by road kill; 08-28-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Walker has no chance of getting the Republican nomination.

Not only did he NOT go to Harvard, he did not graduate from any college.
    Though he attended Marquette U for 4 years.

The media will tear him apart for that.
    He can turn that around to his favor. He has the credentials to run and a great track record. If the Repubs were a bit more moderate on social issues, they could win some key swing states. If they refuse to get into the 21st Century, then the White House stays in the control of the Dems. I have a feeling that since he is from Wi that he might be a social moderate. I think HPL summed it up pretty well on his last post of The Very Smart Man thread.

Disagree with you, Rand is playing things SMART, he has figured out how to play inside the rules, and hasnt let anyone define him and paint him in a corner,way too far out to committ on social issue that may be resolved by the courts before 2016, no need to reveal his stances just yet
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

He can turn that around to his favor. He has the credentials to run and a great track record. If the Repubs were a bit more moderate on social issues, they could win some key swing states. If they refuse to get into the 21st Century, then the White House stays in the control of the Dems. I have a feeling that since he is from Wi that he might be a social moderate. I think HPL summed it up pretty well on his last post of The Very Smart Man thread.
    He is even more conservative on social issues.
    He is a devout Baptist.

He is pretty careful at avoiding those issues at the state level.
    Not sure what the media would do to him on a national level.
    Burt he is pretty quick on his feet.
    Last edited by road kill; 08-28-2013 at 06:55 PM.