The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levin and a Paradigm Shift

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    In many ways, it already is. They write thes ridiculous bills... Inserting all sorts of hidden pork into them. The average Senator or Congressman never writes or even reads the bills they sign.
    Even worse is lobbyists writing legislation; which happens all too frequently

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Even worse is lobbyists writing legislation; which happens all too frequently
    It is equally outrageous IMO. The entire process is out of hand.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    It is equally outrageous IMO. The entire process is out of hand.
    TrueI believe we are overdue for a revolution

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    TrueI believe we are overdue for a revolution
    I agree to a certain extent, BUT I am afraid if we have a revolution with the current incumbent, he will be entrenched in office for longer than the three years that are left on his term...I do think we are on the verge of some major race riots in certain areas of the country.I thought we were going to see some lead fly with the OWS crowds, but they were wimps. We as a country are sitting on a powderkeg
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I think Levin will go down as a critical, prescient political philosopher under-appreciated as such in his own time. (And my God grant him a lot more time on this planet!)

Vis. the lobbyists!!! One of the cool elements of the "Liberty Amendments" (and remember, no one has actually read the book yet) is that our current tax code gets deep sixed. The power that the lobbyists have is by charging their clients (industry and professional groups) for their expertise in getting carve-outs and exemptions. So when the people take back the reins of government, it pretty much shrinks the influence of lobbyists tremendously.

Just think about dismantling the regulatory state and making taxes a shared burden. Can anyone spell FREEDOM!!!!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...Breitbart-News
    This is an interview of Levin by Breitbart ... Levin outlines the 11 amendments he would propose, and why. You may agree with some of his suggestions, but not all.

He also says that these are his suggestions. If a state convention were put together, he would, of course, not know what amendments would be proposed, but he is laying these 11 out as a start for such debate.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

You guys wanting a "Revolution"....get on board with Levin....he is helping us define a way for this to happen...legally and without bloodshed! Now that's a revolution we all can support...!

Term limits are a great idea but as stated earlier you can end up throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I would love to see the constitutional amendments being discussed and will even work to make them happen if they get that far. But I must say that with so many folks in this country believing in entitlement getting anything changed that won’t benefit them will be difficult.

You can legislate how people are to behave but you can’t legislate what people think or believe. The so called 'leaders' of this country certainly are not role models to help foster the changing of people's mind sets and beliefs. IMHO their objective is to take care of themselves first and the people they represent second.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ View Post
    Term limits are a great idea but as stated earlier you can end up throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I would love to see the constitutional amendments being discussed and will even work to make them happen if they get that far. But I must say that with so many folks in this country believing in entitlement getting anything changed that won’t benefit them will be difficult.

You can legislate how people are to behave but you can’t legislate what people think or believe. The so called 'leaders' of this country certainly are not role models to help foster the changing of people's mind sets and beliefs. IMHO their objective is to take care of themselves first and the people they represent second.
    Gary, I can see you share my frustration but we do not need the folks with entitlements as this proposal is not based on votes! This is based on getting state legislators to move forward on a Constitutional Amendment. Of the 38 states needed currently 28 have both house and senate Republican majorities, 4 additional states (Iowa, Kentucky, New Mexico, and New York) have split control between House and Senate..so I see this as a challenge, but in 2010 we picked up 6 new states....do it again and we are their....but it is gonna take work, by those of us that are really fed up and welling to do the work! Count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Buzz, I've only heard bits and pieces (since I can only really listen when driving) ... but I think a balanced budget amendment and a term limits amendment are among the ones he suggests.

I can already foresee one problem with term limits ... we'll end up with the country being run by "staffers" who are unelected, and whose tenure could extend through many terms.

Also another one which requires any regulation (made by an agency) to be reviewed by Congress if the cost is more than $100 million. It would also stipulate that Congress only has 30 (or 60?) days to act. If Congress does not act, the regulation will not go into effect (or the reverse?)
    What makes you think the Repubs are interested in a Balanced Budget Amendment? Afterall, the Repubs voted 7 times to raise the Debt Ceiling under Bush. Add that such an Amendment is not even a part of their party's platform. Only one political party has a Balanced Budget Amendment as part of thier platform and it's not the Repubs or the Dems! The Repubs also love corporate subsidies and support Crony Capitalism. A Balanced Budget Amendment goes against their very core.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge