The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levin and a Paradigm Shift

Swampcollielover you are right about the constitutional amendments not requiring the masses only the legislatures. Yes I am frustrated with current political machine.

Franco unfortunately may be right about the self serving politicians not being interested in any amendments especially those not in their personal favor.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ View Post
    Swampcollielover you are right about the constitutional amendments not requiring the masses only the legislatures. Yes I am frustrated with current political machine.

Franco unfortunately may be right about the self serving politicians not being interested in any amendments especially those not in their personal favor.
    Ah, but you see... this is something the DC cretins won't have a say-so over. It even trumps the Supremes. It requires the masses to work from the local (State assembly and senates if you have bicameral state government) and goes from there. I'll bet 99.9% of us don't even know what Assembly and Senate districts they're in. I'm telling you... get involved in your local governments. An assembly district can be flipped by a small percentage of intense and informed citizens. Do you know what voting precinct you're in? Do you know who your precinct captain is? Did you know if you volunteer, you can be that precinct captain!

We have to want this really bad. That's why Levin is suggesting that it may be a long slog. The progressives have been on the march since early 20th century. But the "Blue model" is running out of steam (see Detroit, see Illinois, see California etc. etc.) and there is already a vacuum forming. That's why this book is so critical.

Quote Originally Posted by 1tulip View Post
    Ah, but you see... this is something the DC cretins won't have a say-so over. It even trumps the Supremes. It requires the masses to work from the local (State assembly and senates if you have bicameral state government) and goes from there. I'll bet 99.9% of us don't even know what Assembly and Senate districts they're in. I'm telling you... get involved in your local governments. An assembly district can be flipped by a small percentage of intense and informed citizens. Do you know what voting precinct you're in? Do you know who your precinct captain is? Did you know if you volunteer, you can be that precinct captain!

We have to want this really bad. That's why Levin is suggesting that it may be a long slog. The progressives have been on the march since early 20th century. But the "Blue model" is running out of steam (see Detroit, see Illinois, see California etc. etc.) and there is already a vacuum forming. That's why this book is so critical.
    I understand about the DC cretins but I think our State cretins are just as bad. So here is what I propose. If you have a passion for any one of the constitutional amendments being talked about, I will send a letter to my state legislator and assemblyman asking for his position on such an amendment if it was to be presented. I will post the reply for all to see.

I do know and have written my congressman and senators in DC. I know what district I am in and know who represents me in my state senate and assembly. Precinct Captain? Probably won't happen for me. How about you?
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    What makes you think the Repubs are interested in a Balanced Budget Amendment? Afterall, the Repubs voted 7 times to raise the Debt Ceiling under Bush. Add that such an Amendment is not even a part of their party's platform. Only one political party has a Balanced Budget Amendment as part of thier platform and it's not the Repubs or the Dems! The Repubs also love corporate subsidies and support Crony Capitalism. A Balanced Budget Amendment goes against their very core.
    Franco....you are missing a key point here, this is not a Republican or Democratic issue it is a way to change what is going on in Washington with both parties.... The current Congress and Representatives have no vote on this nor can they change it....it all happens at the state level....check it out.....

I understand about the DC cretins but I think our State cretins are just as bad. So here is what I propose. If you have a passion for any one of the constitutional amendments being talked about, I will send a letter to my state legislator and assemblyman asking for his position on such an amendment if it was to be presented. I will post the reply for all to see.

I do know and have written my congressman and senators in DC. I know what district I am in and know who represents me in my state senate and assembly. Precinct Captain? Probably won't happen for me. How about you?
    Gary....be serious....one letter from one guy will not get a valid response...100 or 1000 or 10000 letters asking the same question or maybe showing up at your state house.....Would get a valid reply!

Gary, Franco and I have traded positions before, and he is much more Liberal than I....but we both see some real bad stuff going on in politics within our country...I think this idea has a chance because it involves the states....it is much easier to control your state reps than you US reps...takes less people and you don't have to travel so far.....Next steps for us all is learn more about this, listen to Mark Levin show this next two weeks...check out the internet information and talk to everyone you know....let's see what happens...we have to change the status quo.....

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Gary....be serious....one letter from one guy will not get a valid response...100 or 1000 or 10000 letters asking the same question or maybe showing up at your state house.....Would get a valid reply!
    I am not convinced 1000 letters asking for a position on an amendment will get any different response. 1000 letters telling him how to vote on an amendment might. I was looking to seek hi s position not dictate one to him.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Gary, Franco and I have traded positions before, and he is much more Liberal than I....but we both see some real bad stuff going on in politics within our country...I think this idea has a chance because it involves the states....it is much easier to control your state reps than you US reps...takes less people and you don't have to travel so far.....Next steps for us all is learn more about this, listen to Mark Levin show this next two weeks...check out the internet information and talk to everyone you know....let's see what happens...we have to change the status quo.....

I am all for changing the status quo. I have as much faith in my state reps as I do my federal reps, which is very little.

I think many who go into politics do it with the thought they can make it better but then that political machine either chews them up and spits them out or they play the game. They play the game because that is in their best interest not ours.

I will watch and see what happens over the next few weeks and will support a ground swell movement if there is one.

I am all for changing the status quo. I have as much faith in my state reps as I do my federal reps, which is very little.

I think many who go into politics do it with the thought they can make it better but then that political machine either chews them up and spits them out or they play the game. They play the game because that is in their best interest not ours.

I will watch and see what happens over the next few weeks and will support a ground swell movement if there is one.
    Gary, If everybody 'watches to see what happens' nothing will happen....part of the problem we have is everybody is waiting for something to happen....

I am not convinced 1000 letters asking for a position on an amendment will get any different response. 1000 letters telling him how to vote on an amendment might. I was looking to seek hi s position not dictate one to him.
    Gary, you have more faith in your state reps than I do....ideally I would want a group of 1,000 or 10,000 on he front lawn, these guys will follow the crowd if they are sure it is a crowd....!