The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levin and a Paradigm Shift

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Gary, If everybody 'watches to see what happens' nothing will happen....part of the problem we have is everybody is waiting for something to happen....
    Gary, Franco and I have traded positions before, and he is much more Liberal than I....but we both see some real bad stuff going on in politics within our country...I think this idea has a chance because it involves the states....it is much easier to control your state reps than you US reps...takes less people and you don't have to travel so far.....Next steps for us all is learn more about this, listen to Mark Levin show this next two weeks...check out the internet information and talk to everyone you know....let's see what happens...we have to change the status quo.....
    I thought I was following your lead waiting to see what happens
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Gary, you have more faith in your state reps than I do....ideally I would want a group of 1,000 or 10,000 on he front lawn, these guys will follow the crowd if they are sure it is a crowd....!
    I think I said I don't have any faith in them. I would like to know their position on the amendment before it even becomes a topic of discussion. It could be that energy is needed elsewhere if the his position is already supportive. Of course we would need to keep it that way when the nay sayers come around.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Gary, Franco and I have traded positions before, and he is much more Liberal than I....but we both see some real bad stuff going on in politics within our country...I think this idea has a chance because it involves the states....it is much easier to control your state reps than you US reps...takes less people and you don't have to travel so far.....Next steps for us all is learn more about this, listen to Mark Levin show this next two weeks...check out the internet information and talk to everyone you know....let's see what happens...we have to change the status quo.....
    To be clear, I am fiscally very Conservative and socially tolerant(call that liberal if you wish). I don't pretend to know what is best for others.

In regards to changing the status quo, I've been talking about that for years here on POTUS! I see the Dems and Repubs as two cheeks on the same butt. The only way to change the Status Quo is by giving other political parties a voice. When all the voters hear are the voices of the Dems and Repubs, nothing will change. The two party monopoly of tired and failed ideology must end!

BTW, I didn't leave the Repub Party, they left me.
    Last edited by Franco; 08-14-2013 at 10:02 AM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    To be clear, I am fiscally very Conservative and socially tolerant(call that liberal if you wish). I don't pretend to know what is best for others.

In regards to changing the status quo, I've been talking about that for years here on POTUS! I see the Dems and Repubs as two cheeks on the same butt. The only way to change the Status Quo is by giving other political parties a voice. When all the voters hear are the voices of the Dems and Repubs, nothing will change. The two party monopoly of tired and failed ideology must end!

BTW, I didn't leave the Repub Party, they left me.
    Franco....as always I appreciate your perspective, but disagree with your conclusions....third parties do nothing more than empower the Dem's! Also, I do not think Conservatives all agree on the issues, but being a Social Liberal, which covers a lot of national issues, is not Conservative.... Regardless, I believe we must take back and redefine the Republican Party. So we must agree to disagree....

Friday on the Hannity Show (9 pm Eastern) There is going to be a big audience panel going back and forth on the notion of utilizing Article 5 of the Constitution to reclaim the government.

The Liberty Amendments: Reclaiming the American Republic is #1 on Amazon. My copy is in the mail. Everyone with a passion for the country (and I believe that is everyone on POTUS even if you don't always agree with me) should become familiar with the contents.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ View Post
    I thought I was following your lead waiting to see what happens
    Gary, notice the posts I have put on this sight.....I am doing this on Social Networking Now....that is just my start....so I guess I can say I am doing something! One of my big problems with Politicians is that they are by definition supposed to "Represent" us as they legislate! Unfortunately, most of them think we hired them to create legislation on what they think! So I generally try to, shall we say, remind them as to what I think and as many others as I can find...... to tell them what we think collectively....then if they fail to follow our wishes I spend time and money to support other candidates in the next election!

It occurs to me ... would we really be better off with a third major party? If we look at countries who do have 3 or more, it always seems that 2 parties collaborate to overcome the third party. Then when there is a snit in the collaboration, there is just another mess to untangle.

Not to mention that Presidential debates will begin to resemble the primary debates we have had multiple primary candidates.

I'm not so sure that having more parties in the ring will do much to improve what we've got.

But it would sure be helpful if the two parties we do have would be more "distinct". The biggest problem for the Republican party seems to be that they keep trying to bend their original principles to look more like Democrat candidates. It's hard to look like you stand for SOMEthing when you seem to stand for EVERYthing.

I'm beginning to believe, though, that R messaging has to inject more emotionality into the messages. I think that explains some of the popularity of figures like Herman Cain; he reached into the emotions of people. I think of the resonance of Heston's quote (which Stan loves): "From my cold, dead hands." That phrase speaks to emotions. That was something that Reagan had mastered, and absolutely Obama has mastered. Much as we would like it to be otherwise, many people's intellect is easily over-shadowed by strong emotion.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Gary, notice the posts I have put on this sight.....I am doing this on Social Networking Now....that is just my start....so I guess I can say I am doing something! One of my big problems with Politicians is that they are by definition supposed to "Represent" us as they legislate! Unfortunately, most of them think we hired them to create legislation on what they think! So I generally try to, shall we say, remind them as to what I think and as many others as I can find...... to tell them what we think collectively....then if they fail to follow our wishes I spend time and money to support other candidates in the next election!
    I have seen some of your posts and I am on the same page mostly.

I communicate with my federal reps in the house and senate but not so much in the state. I need to work on that part. I do spend money and time removing those I think need to be removed at the federal, state, and local level.

Franco....as always I appreciate your perspective, but disagree with your conclusions....third parties do nothing more than empower the Dem's! Also, I do not think Conservatives all agree on the issues, but being a Social Liberal, which covers a lot of national issues, is not Conservative.... Regardless, I believe we must take back and redefine the Republican Party. So we must agree to disagree....
    Like I said, "I didn't leave the party, they left me". The original Conservative movement, founded by William F Buckley Jr. (who coin the name) and early deciples never touched social issues. It was about constrained fiscal spending and very skeptical of foreign intervention. Kind of what the Libertarian Party is about today. It was during the Reagan years that the Conservative movement was hijacked by the hypocritical "family values" crowd and the "deficts don't matter" crowd. Basically, why the Repub Party has become and is the Party of older white folks. And, why the young educated white folks are the backbone of the Libertarian Party who refuse to follow a broken party.

THe only way to kill a two headed snake is to cut both heads off.
    Last edited by Franco; 08-14-2013 at 01:24 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Like I said, "I didn't leave the party, they left me". The original Conservative movement, founded by William F Buckley Jr. (who coin the name) and early deciples never touched social issues. It was about constrained fiscal spending and very skeptical of foreign intervention. Kind of what the Libertarian Party is about today. It was during the Reagan years that the Conservative movement was hijacked by the hypocritical "family values" crowd and the "deficts don't matter" crowd. Basically, why the Repub Party has become and is the Party of older white folks. And, why the young educated white folks are the backbone of the Libertarian Party who refuse to follow a broken party.

THe only way to kill a two headed snake is to cut both heads off.
    Franco.....If you really believe that a third party is a good thing, you better be darn sure you chop off the Democratic Head prior to going for a third party. Dems represent large special interest groups Unions, Blacks, Hispanics, Poor, So Called 'middle class', gays, in general people seeking entitlements, etc. These groups are in lock step with the entitlements and Marxist agenda....if you do not Republicans at the poles...you will forever have Democrats for leaders.....I do not believe we have room for a third party until this powerful liberal Marxist Democratic party is stopped! And if you are suggesting that President Reagan started what we call today as RINO's...then you better go back and really study his presidency.....Reagan defined true Conservatism and the value it has had on our country historically.....but maybe I am misunderstanding your comment on Reagan.....I hope so anyway.....!