The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 136

Thread: Mark Levin and a Paradigm Shift

  1. #51
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Well, the GOP is in lock step with special interest and are the biggest proponets of Crony Capitalism. They fail to believe in the Free Market.

    You are toting Levin's push for a Balanced Budget Amendment. I've been 100% for it for years! But, how can you support the GOP, a party that wouldn't dare support a Balanced Budget? They were the first to proclaim that, "deficts don't matter", under Reagan. They were the biggest supporters of raiding SS to balance the budget under Speaker Gingrich. SS the largest US debt holder! Boehner kicked Amash of the Budget Committee because he wanted to propose a Balanced Budget! I'll add the both the Dems and Repubs Foreign Policy is a disaster. I just don't understand how anyone could support such dyfunctionalism and wouldn't support real refrom and change. The only Repubs on The Hill that are inspiring anyone are the ones that lean Libertarian.
    Franco, you were not even old enough to know what Reagan and Gingrich did while in office, I lived it as I suspect did Wild Bill. You get your 'bits and pieces' from the nightly news or from some distorted source....we all understand how screwed up Congress is, both sides....Mark Levin's focus is not only on a balanced budget! ....but what he has done that no one has ever done before, including Libertarians, is show us a way as to how we (the people) can fix the mess we are in with Congress.....That is something even a Libertarian can get behind.....why don't you take time to read his book, they at least when you come back, you can work from facts, not hearsay and partial information scraped from "news" posts....

  2. #52
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    It would appear to me that your misunderstanding is of history.......NOT of what Franco said
    Maybe you could be a little more specific....if you ever listened to any of Ronald Reagan's speech you would know that he, more than anyone else in modern times, defined Conservatism......or maybe you missed those speeches.....

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Maybe you could be a little more specific....if you ever listened to any of Ronald Reagan's speech you would know that he, more than anyone else in modern times, defined Conservatism......or maybe you missed those speeches.....
    As someone who has voted in every election of POTUS since Ike, including a vote for his opponent Adlai Stevenson, I would tend to agree with Marc. Any fund raising organization that tells me they are Reaganesque also tells me that they are somewhat RINO. Reagan rode into office on the popularity of Goldwater, & then was a fiscal failure. As chair of the R's in our legislative district in WA I used to wear a "Jane was Right" button to the district meetings, much to the dismay of the so called Conservatives in our district.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    As someone who has voted in every election of POTUS since Ike, including a vote for his opponent Adlai Stevenson, I would tend to agree with Marc. Any fund raising organization that tells me they are Reaganesque also tells me that they are somewhat RINO. Reagan rode into office on the popularity of Goldwater, & then was a fiscal failure. As chair of the R's in our legislative district in WA I used to wear a "Jane was Right" button to the district meetings, much to the dismay of the so called Conservatives in our district.
    Mark Levin would be agreeing in some ways with you. He was in the Reagan administration (must have been a kid!) and he will tell you the Gipper was truly great BUT just voting in a new crop of fiscally continent republicans or conservatives or libertarians every few years does very little. The Congress in particular gets seduced by the K Street, tasseled loafer crowd and they want to be on all the A-lists for the cocktail circuit. The President (even with the finest intentions) can't unravel the administrative state (the 4th branch of our government these days) with a term-limited length of time in office.

    This is a NEW (old) PARADIGM. It gets us away from our over-reliance on futile elections (see above). It takes us AWAY from arguing about single issues (I'm pro-life to my bone marrow, folks... but we gotta set this on the back burner for a while...) It transcends the labels we put on each other. Amending the Constitution as suggested by Levin does not mean we can't still fight the battles at the ballot box. We can do both!

    Here's the thing people... it's urgent. The "Blue Model" (endless spending, endless taxing, endless regulation that favors the cronies and connected) is about to collapse. We're going to start to see the Detroit disease spread like a cancer across the country. Young people are in a terrible squeeze and they are going to be turning to us looking for answers. We are approaching a slo-mo train wreck. Washington is utterly corrupt. They can't do anything but make it worse.

    We MUST be looking elsewhere for answers.

  5. #55
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Franco, you were not even old enough to know what Reagan and Gingrich did while in office, I lived it as I suspect did Wild Bill. You get your 'bits and pieces' from the nightly news or from some distorted source....we all understand how screwed up Congress is, both sides....Mark Levin's focus is not only on a balanced budget! ....but what he has done that no one has ever done before, including Libertarians, is show us a way as to how we (the people) can fix the mess we are in with Congress.....That is something even a Libertarian can get behind.....why don't you take time to read his book, they at least when you come back, you can work from facts, not hearsay and partial information scraped from "news" posts....
    You are right, I'll only be 62 next month. Planning on retiring at the end of the year but maybe I should put that off since I'm too young.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  6. #56
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    You are right, I'll only be 62 next month. Planning on retiring at the end of the year but maybe I should put that off since I'm too young.
    You don't act your age!

  7. #57
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1tulip View Post
    Mark Levin would be agreeing in some ways with you. He was in the Reagan administration (must have been a kid!) and he will tell you the Gipper was truly great BUT just voting in a new crop of fiscally continent republicans or conservatives or libertarians every few years does very little. The Congress in particular gets seduced by the K Street, tasseled loafer crowd and they want to be on all the A-lists for the cocktail circuit. The President (even with the finest intentions) can't unravel the administrative state (the 4th branch of our government these days) with a term-limited length of time in office.

    This is a NEW (old) PARADIGM. It gets us away from our over-reliance on futile elections (see above). It takes us AWAY from arguing about single issues (I'm pro-life to my bone marrow, folks... but we gotta set this on the back burner for a while...) It transcends the labels we put on each other. Amending the Constitution as suggested by Levin does not mean we can't still fight the battles at the ballot box. We can do both!

    Here's the thing people... it's urgent. The "Blue Model" (endless spending, endless taxing, endless regulation that favors the cronies and connected) is about to collapse. We're going to start to see the Detroit disease spread like a cancer across the country. Young people are in a terrible squeeze and they are going to be turning to us looking for answers. We are approaching a slo-mo train wreck. Washington is utterly corrupt. They can't do anything but make it worse.

    We MUST be looking elsewhere for answers.
    Great Post.....I hope you too are considering getting involved in the State driven Convention to in act new Constitutional Amendments, thus by passing Congress and Obama...

  8. #58
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Maybe you could be a little more specific....if you ever listened to any of Ronald Reagan's speech you would know that he, more than anyone else in modern times, defined Conservatism......or maybe you missed those speeches.....
    Reagan defined Conservatism? When it came to growing the size of the Federal Government, Reagan makes Obama look like a mizer! Like I've said, the lable Conservative has been corrupted.

    "On January 21st, 1981, President Reagan started with 2,875,000 nonmilitary federal employees.
    By the end of Reagan’s terms the total number of nonmilitary federal employees was 3,113,000. That is an INCREASE of 238,000
    Let’s move on to President George H.W. Bush.
    On January 20th, 1989, total federal nonmilitary employment was 3,113,000
    by the end of his only term, President George H.W. Bush had 3,083,000 federal nonmilitary employees on the books. That is a REDUCTION of 30,000 employees.
    President Bill Clinton came into office with 3,083,000 and by the END of his TWO TERMS he reduced the number of Federal employees to 2,703,000. That is a reduction of 380,000 federal employees.
    Now finally, President George W. Bush came into office with 2,703,000 nonmilitary employees and by the time his terms were through, the total nonmilitary federal employees on the books were 2,756,000, which is an INCREASE of 53,000 employees.
    The small government, lean and mean political party, seems to be the Democratic Party. President Clinton reduced the size of the federal government’s nonmilitary employees by OVER 10%.
    The “so called” small government President Reagan INCREASED the nonmilitary size of government by almost 10%.

    2,875,000
    The Reagan conservatives, in fact the entire GOP TODAY are trying to frame President Obama as a big government liberal but again, the numbers don’t lie.
    By the end of 2010, the United States STILL has less employees on the books than we did back in 1980 even though the population has grown from 226,545,805 to approximately 330,000,000 in 2010.
    TOTAL NONMILITARY EMPLOYEES IN 1980 — 2,875,000
    TOTAL NONMILITARY EMPLOYEES IN 2010 — 2,840,000

    "

    http://archives.politicususa.com/201...ma-reagan.html


    Today's so-called Conservatives are not only trying to hold onto an image that never exsisted, they clearly don't know history!

    Te ONLY thing Reagan was Conservative about was social issues!

    What was Reagan's responce after the Marine barracks bombing in 1983? 250 USA Service personel lost their lives in the Beruit bombing along with 50 French paratroopers. The French had identified Iran's Revolutionary Guard and the Hellbollah training center as the murderers. The French wanted to attack it but Reagan and Casper Weinberger talked them out of it!!!
    Last edited by Franco; 08-18-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Great Post.....I hope you too are considering getting involved in the State driven Convention to in act new Constitutional Amendments, thus by passing Congress and Obama...
    I'd like to see this begin to shake up Nevada first! Our legislature only meets every other year in the odd years. It was disgusting this year... Mayor Bloomberg's drones got the Vegas democrats to push through his legislation for "reasonable back ground checks." Our governor had PROMISED he'd veto it, then told the state he was taking a phone poll to decide whether to sign it or not. (How's that for courage and principle!) Needless to say NEVADA gun owners burned up the lines. He vetoed it.

    So we have our work cut out for us here. In some ways, we're like New York State where an immense urban tumor sucks the political life from the rest of the state.

    But this is no time for excuses. It's urgent.

  10. #60
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    Wow....how messed up is that, but it sounds like you guys have some good organizations to build on. Maybe your state constitution has a way for the "people" to call for a special session of your Legislature.....Good Luck!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •