The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 136

Thread: Mark Levin and a Paradigm Shift

  1. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    .....what Libertarian in history could be judged great? Let me answer for you.....NONE! Is it possible that there is a reason for that? It is unfortunate that to be Libertarians, you have limited your understanding of our history....Reagan and "obviously" Lincoln were great presidents, all clear thinking adults know this fact....
    The history taught of the mythical Lincoln in our country has as much credibility as a story of the easter bunny. Any historian worth his salt that claims to be conservative will place Lincoln a little higher than Hitler, but not much. I would argue that you have limited your understanding of history. I learned the same things you did in school, but when I studied them more, realized there is a whole lot more out there. Lincoln was a Godless Tyrant who only carried a Bible to point out flaws in it and invaded a country who peacefully seceded when the Federal government grew too large. If you want to keep believing historical myths then go ahead but you are limiting your view of history.

  2. #72
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    The history taught of the mythical Lincoln in our country has as much credibility as a story of the easter bunny. Any historian worth his salt that claims to be conservative will place Lincoln a little higher than Hitler, but not much. I would argue that you have limited your understanding of history. I learned the same things you did in school, but when I studied them more, realized there is a whole lot more out there. Lincoln was a Godless Tyrant who only carried a Bible to point out flaws in it and invaded a country who peacefully seceded when the Federal government grew too large. If you want to keep believing historical myths then go ahead but you are limiting your view of history.
    People who live in the world you live in, no doubt, find authors who write a different version of American History. That does not make their spin on history valid! ....fortunately, few of you exist. Also, I noticed you had know examples of historical Libertarians from my last comment? No further need to engage in this discussion with someone who is so misguided!

  3. #73
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    You labeled Reagan a Conservative a few post ago. I posted real numbers that disputed your claim. By your analogy, growing the government to the largest size ever is Conservative! I've got news for you, big government, big spending is NOT a Conservative value! Again, using your analogy, with the way the economy is improving today, Obama would be considered a Conservative even though he hasn't grown government to the size Reagan did.
    Franco, you missed commenting on Reaganomics....and the DATA I presented....not surprised though. Changing the subject is the only way to dodge the truth!

  4. #74
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Franco, you missed commenting on Reaganomics....and the DATA I presented....not surprised though. Changing the subject is the only way to dodge the truth!
    You are the one trying to change subject! You said that Reagan was a Conservative. I posted FACTS as to why he was not. Then you changed the subject to Reagan's massive deficit spending calling it Reaganomics. It you think Reaganomics was good, I'm sure you love Obamanomics with his massive deficit spending. Remember, it took six years after Reagan and a raid on Social Security to retire his deficits!
    Last edited by Franco; 08-21-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge



  5. #75
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    You are the one trying to change subject! You said that Reagan was a Conservative. I posted FACTS as to why he was not. Then you changed the subject to Reagan's massive deficit spending calling it Reaganomics. It you think Reaganomics was good, I'm sure you love Obamanomics with his massive deficit spending. Remember, it took six years after Reagan and a raid on Social Security to retire his deficits!
    Bla....Bla....Bla.....

  6. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    429

    Default

    I say I am libertarian because my political beliefs match up with that party the most. I used to say I was republican until I realized that while they talk about limited government they don't walk it. I can't give you examples of recent libertarians but I can give you examples of people that stood up for liberty. In that group would be republicans, democrats, ex-NSA workers, FBI agents, and others who stood up for liberty. If you want to worship at the altar of the state and more specifically one party go ahead. I vote for folks that will pursue liberty. I really do t get your point. You say point out a libertarian that did something great. Here's a deal, you show me where a republican actually shrunk the federal government and I will show you a libertarian that did the same.

    And you really need to read some more history on Lincoln. I am telling you, he was awful.

  7. #77
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I say I am libertarian because my political beliefs match up with that party the most. I used to say I was republican until I realized that while they talk about limited government they don't walk it. I can't give you examples of recent libertarians but I can give you examples of people that stood up for liberty. In that group would be republicans, democrats, ex-NSA workers, FBI agents, and others who stood up for liberty. If you want to worship at the altar of the state and more specifically one party go ahead. I vote for folks that will pursue liberty. I really do t get your point. You say point out a libertarian that did something great. Here's a deal, you show me where a republican actually shrunk the federal government and I will show you a libertarian that did the same.

    And you really need to read some more history on Lincoln. I am telling you, he was awful.
    mm....I CAN GARANTEE YOU THAT I HAVE READ MORE ON LINCOLNAND HISTORY IN GENERAL, THAN YOU....IT IS OBVIOUS FROM YOUR COMMENTS THAT YOUHAVE ONLY READ...SOME OF THE CRUD PUT OUT BY HISTORIANS WITH A LIBERALPROGRESSIVE AGENDA OR WORSE! SO MOVE ON TO SOMETHING OF SUBSTANCE!

  8. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    429

    Default

    actually liberals and progressives love Lincoln so I don't quite understand your thinking. Go watch some fox news and and dust your pictures on your rush Limbaugh shrine...

  9. #79
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    actually liberals and progressives love lincoln so i don't quite understand your thinking. Go watch some fox news and and dust your pictures on your rush limbaugh shrine...
    mm...so now you are an expert on what liberals and progressives "love".....which in fact proves my point that you really know nothing!

  10. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    429

    Default

    I am not an expert, although it sounds like you are an expert on everything so I will just defer to you from now on. Swamp you are the most wise Lincoln historian, progressive agenda smasher, "conservative" bulwark, and omniscient foreign and economic policy scholar on this board and I apologize for questioning any thing you wrote...

    seriously, don't take it personal, we are all friends here

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •