The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: **Carymart Electronic Users** Have question !

Default **Carymart Electronic Users** Have question !

I am wanting to order a remote set-up for my homemade Winger, and hopefully will be Winger(s) in the future !

I am a complete idiot when it comes to electronics ! I have looked at the Carymart site, and researched on here as well, and I am LOST !

I have (1) winger currently, and will sometime in the future add (2) more at the most ! What system or recevier/transmitter combo do I need ??? Like I said I only have one to power now, and will add more later, So can I order just what I need for now, and add more receviers later, and will they work off the original transmitter, OR do I have to order a complete system that come with everything to power 3 wingers ?

I am planning on powering a Lock actuator and a piezo alarm per winger, So I know I need to go with a 2 channel reciever I'm guessing ???

I am at a complete loss on this stuff ! Can someone point me to the right product I need ? I basically need someone to spoon feed me some information, cause frankly the more I look the more confused I become ! THANKS

receivers will be S2UB-DC12 and transmitter cb-6. these are 1000 meter theoretical distance receivers and transmitters. with magnetic antenna mount (i highly suggest) i have went up to 350 yards. im guessing 500 to be max in real world scenarios.

i suggest u order all 3 receivers at once because shipping on international (china) can get expensive and it takes 20-30 days to get here. if u do order seperately make sure all receivers and transmitters are correct frequency. you have a choice of 2 different ones in case you or anyone else is working their electronics on that frequency. also if you order seperately you will have to sync remote and receivers yourself instead if you ordered all at once they will come synced. not a big deal as its laid out in instructions

heres links

receivers
    http://www.carymart.com/2-relay-dc-r...ie-p-1392.html

transmitter
    http://www.carymart.com/6-button-100...ter-p-251.html
    Last edited by blake_mhoona; 08-09-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Totally agree with Blake. Go the extra if you can swing it and get the antennae. I did not and definitely cant get out that far.... Maybe 115 yards on a good day.

Jer
    Last edited by jecartag; 08-10-2013 at 06:31 AM.
    Jeremy
    Kankakee River HRC

My transmitter and receiver are similar to Carymart (probably actually from the same MFG). Rather then adding an antenna, I extented the coiled antenna found inside the receiver. Once extended, I placed the wire inside a straw-like tube I purchased at a hobby shop made for housing a toy car remote control antenna (protects the wire and gives it some support). Although I never have a need to extend retrieves beyond 200yards I did note that the above modification greatly improved the receiver reception.

Is there any other alternatives other than CaryMart from China ??? That may not take a month to get ? Would rather order from a US based company ? (JAMES WICK) What kind do you have, and were did you get yours from ?

Inexpensive electronics will be Chinese. Search EBay for 2ch, 4ch, 6ch or 8 ch 12v transmitter and receivers. I purchased two 4ch 12 v trx/rxn combination each for $9.99. This allowed me to set up two wingers each with a siren and a release mechanism. I have since purchased a separate 8ch trx/rxn to add an additonal winger along with the ability to add a fourth sometime in the future (the 8ch transmitter willl work but I will need to eventually get another receiver to complete the set for 4-wingers). Received EBay items in under a week--- even when shipped from a China location, although some items do ship from US warehouses.