The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Scientific studies show dogs may have more cognitive activity than monkeys

Default Scientific studies show dogs may have more cognitive activity than monkeys

So this weekend I attended the AKC-Canine Health Foundation Conference. There were a bunch of fantastic speakers and topics. One that I wanted to share with you was over the canine cognition speaker.

Dr. Brian Hare from Duke University has devoted his life to try and figure out what is cognition and how do you measure it. He defines cognition as the acti of internal thought processes without performing a behavior....basically, the ability to think. He also found that dogs tend to differ in many ways (empathy, problem solving, reactivity, etc, and you can measure this in your dog. I thought I would post on here because if you are having problems training your dog, it may be due to the fact that his or her particular learning style is not equivalent with the training program being used. Therefore, I thought I would post this website. I actually haven't had any time to review the website, but Dr. Hare recommended it to us today.

Cognition.com
    Jeremy
    Kankakee River HRC

did any of those speakers say how long it is gonna take these pups of mine to cognit that if they go straight and quit cheating they will find more birds?
    john mccallie

Haha, no. They all opened up for questions....cant believe i didnt ask that!
    Jeremy
    Kankakee River HRC