The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: What to Get??????

Default What to Get??????

I am ready to buy my first thrower and am considering either a Bumper Boy Derby Double or a Mini Zinger so I can throw birds too.

I really think the BB will help more on marking, where we need the work, but would like some input as many of you have bought the first one before and I'd like to learn from you before I make a mistake.

Thanks!
    Retrievers are God's Gift to Hunters!

The Bumper Boy will throw birds with if you use the optional bird baskets. You have to ask BB about the baskets as they do not list them on thier website. I think I paid $30 each for them.
    HR War Eagle's Roach SH (3 Master Passes and 2 to go / 40 points away from HRCH)

Default what to get

Hi save youself alot of trouble and buy the best on the market order the zinger winger and ask about the bird pouch. They will be more and happy to advise and help.

If money is a factor remember that BB's come with the electronics.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I have 2 BB's and built a couple of wingers from PVC as supplements (cheap and easy) for a HT set up.

Have not seen BB Bird basket in use. Not sure how well it works, I hear mixed stories.

If you can get the 4 shooter over the double, it'll be worth in the long run.
    Quote to wife after dating several years....."The dogs were here when you got here and they will be here when you are long gone"

I am new and working with my first dog. I train exclusive by myself. (Not by choice but no local club or training group ) I have both a BB and two ZW. One thing to ask yourself is were are you in the training of your dog? Working on multiple marks? I initially bought the ZWs because they allow me to train "without" the popping sound on city property. I can also toss birds. I bought the BB so I could more easily pack and train while traveling.
    I like both units a lot. Really wish I could consolidate transmitters but that is not the case. I bought the ZWs first and then the BB. I'd still buy both again (would have to). I would probably start with the BB. Easy to use and set up. Small package if space is a consideration. I use the BB for mostly the go to bird. I use the ZWs mostly for memory birds as I add birds some times. JMTC
    George Billings
    And Scout
    Aurora CO
    In Memory
    "Tess" Amigold Duckus Takem - Miss her greatly

I just received my mini ZW and love it. It is small enough to fit in the back of most SUV's and, for it's size, it can sure throw a bumper or duck!
    I have the TT remote.
    Tom Dorroh

All of the above are valid considerations.
    Determine your needs. Purchase accordingly.
    <--- Dooey, MH
    MHR Duckmates Fly Guy MH 05/17/94 - 07/17/08 "Flyboy"
    Candlewood Court Magician JH 1/31/02 - 8/2/12 "Magic Man"

Richard