The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who' s the real owner!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I don't have a problem with people running a friends dog. I have areal problem with people scamming the system!
    Trust me, it was not a friend running a friend's dog. And the AKC did nothing to support the club. Would not go there again.
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Shih View Post
    Trust me, it was not a friend running a friend's dog. And the AKC did nothing to support the club. Would not go there again.
    It's not just happening here its out west also. It's getting crazy. The only thing the AKC seems to care about is the check at the conclusion of the trial.

Isn't this all the clubs responsibility along with checking judges credentials?

And if you are truly upset about it, then do something about it...otherwise it's just whining on the internet, is it not?
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    And if you are truly upset about it, then do something about it...otherwise it's just whining on the internet, is it not?
    Really, than do something about it... I guess you missed a post. Just running you chops Lannie. Been in the game for a couple of years and you got it all figured?

Sensitive? You are the FTC are you not? Like Ted said, you can deny entries...but I agree with him, it's brain damage waiting to happen and not worth it. It's your FT, that's about the only way I know to do something about the issue, take a stand if you believe it's an issue. You can also write to the RAC as another option. Or heck, write the all listening powers that be at the AKC. Other wise it's just whining on the internet, sorry you disagree but it is what it is...or are you suggesting some other club deny entries and pave the way?

And I've been in the game long enough to know that it is not a battle I could win, plus to know whining on the internet doesn't change it.

And it is L-A-I-N-E-E, just saying...and I'm not running my chops any more than you.

Edit: One other thing, I think I've proven myself as a giver to the sport, yet it's comments like yours that make me wonder why bother....apparently "new blood" isn't allowed to have an opinion, just a willingness to do slave labor and work a clip board?

Second Edit: And exactly how long does someone have to be in the game to actually be allowed to have an opinion? Cause 14 years isn't enough apparently...
    Last edited by FOM; 08-13-2013 at 12:02 AM.
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    Sensitive? You are the FTC are you not? Like Ted said, you can deny entries...but I agree with him, it's brain damage waiting to happen and not worth it. It's your FT, that's about the only way I know to do something about the issue, take a stand if you believe it's an issue. You can also write to the RAC as another option. Or heck, write the all listening powers that be at the AKC. Other wise it's just whining on the internet, sorry you disagree but it is what it is...or are you suggesting some other club deny entries and pave the way?

And I've been in the game long enough to know that it is not a battle I could win, plus to know whining on the internet doesn't change it.

And it is L-A-I-N-E-E, just saying...and I'm not running my chops any more than you.

Edit: One other thing, I think I've proven myself as a giver to the sport, yet it's comments like yours that make me wonder mwhy bother....apparently "new blood" isn't allowed to have an opinion, just a willingness to do slave labor and work a clip board?

Second Edit: And exactly how long does someone have to be in the game to actually be allowed to have an opinion? Cause 14 years isn't enough apparently...
    Well there you go again. It's not about being FTC, it's not about me. And you don't think I haven't already talked to the powers to be. Like I said before you must have missed the post.
    And yes I am very sensitive about the way we the Amatures are treated. So take your Internet whining and put in the closet. I guess this kind of stuff doesn't bother you because since you have been in the sport it has been tolerated. Years ago your training bud or others would let you know real fast what your doing was wrong.
    Your so called whining on the Internet is to throw it out there. Let people respond and voice their opinion if they wish. And by the way it's not what it is supposed to be.
    No one is questioning your giving to the sport. I'm not sure why you felt the need to mention that. Sorry if you feel offended. You made it sound like a put up or shut up not me. Your the one who had the condescending tone.
    And really 14 years isn't enough unless its constructive. I don't believe running against pros in the am is going to bring many new people into the sport. Why should they?
    Lannie, Lanie, L A I N E E just saying, what ever.

Some folks are just snoty! If the shoe fits, JMHO Bill
    'Show up for work, do the best job you can and treat others the way you would like to be treated'

Barry, why not take up the issue with "your" club? Start naming names and calling people out?(other than folks on the Internet). Pretty safe having a sharp tongue towards Lainee. Doubt you'd get so far putting down the names you speak of and compete(assume you compete) against.

Step up to the plate! True "Internet whining" is doing exactly what you are doing. If you get called out you'll just retreat and say the whole question is/was hypothetical and you were not actually making any complaints about an individual. So, if your standing up for the amateur, let's hear the facts and the names of those deserving not to run in the Am!

Stop the Internet whining and make a stand
    Last edited by Paul "Happy" Gilmore; 08-13-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Really, than do something about it... I guess you missed a post. Just running you chops Lannie. Been in the game for a couple of years and you got it all figured?
    So I guess you will be volunteering to do all the manual labor next year at the trial Lainee works he butt off to make sure happens?

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"