The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiocchi shot shells

Default Fiocchi shot shells

Anybody used them in the field. I'm specifically looking at 3" BBB shot for Canada's. The federals that I bought from Rogers last year aren't being made anymore. Thanks, Danny
    Last edited by DSO; 08-13-2013 at 04:21 PM.

I used the 3" 3's and 3.5" 1's last year, had problems running them through my nova, the brass would expand too much making it very difficult to shuck the gun, ended up hittin the butt on the ground the jack the shell out. My buddy should them through his Browning Silver and didn't have a problem, another buddy shot a bunch of them through his SX3 and while the cycled fine he actually had a couple split at the brass, he was going to send them in to fiocchi to see what they would do about it, never heard from him what they said. If I had an automatic I'd probably shoot them but with the Nova I'm not gonna take the risk of turning it in to a single shot. Seemed to pattern decent and kill things well.
    Daren Galloway

I shot 3" - 3 shot last year for ducks and was happy with them,year before I shot Kent. I cut open Fiochi,Kent and Winchesters and the consistency of the sphere shape of the shot in the Fiochi's was superior to the others. I will buy Fiochi again this year for myself and my son.

I also shot an SX3 and never noticed any jamming problems.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

I have a SBEII. There is just not a lot of options in BBB so I figured I ask about Fiocchi. Danny

Heavy Metal or Kent 3" BB is more than enough. I shoot Heavy metal BB and Kent 1's.
    The foundation to a great retriever is obedience.
    Firestorms Full Throttle Chevy aka Callie-Roo 7/5/2007 - 10/25/2013 I miss you every day
    Proud owner of Kona's Surfer Girl, aka Loki.

I have used the Fioochi Golden Pheasant load in a copper platted #5 and its a stone cold killer load, I usually shoot Remington or Winchester brand loads, but have also found good results with Kent Fasteel....but then again I shoot 12 gauge 2 3/4 in mags, no need for me to shoot 3in..I may shoot 3in 20gauge this fall but only on geese, I do not like heavy recoil
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I have used the Fioochi Golden Pheasant load in a copper platted #5 and its a stone cold killer load, I usually shoot Remington or Winchester brand loads, but have also found good results with Kent Fasteel....but then again I shoot 12 gauge 2 3/4 in mags, no need for me to shoot 3in..I may shoot 3in 20gauge this fall but only on geese, I do not like heavy recoil
    Time to invest in a Beretta A400 with the kick off system. The recoils is no different than a standard 20 ga load.
    If you like golden pheasant you need to try Kent Fast lead. I've stone cold birds at 60 yards. My buddies jaw about dropped. Off. I tried a few further but I never have taken that far of a shot so I know it was me.
    Firestorms Full Throttle Chevy aka Callie-Roo 7/5/2007 - 10/25/2013 I miss you every day

I shot Fiocchi and Winchester Drylocks in 3 inch mag BB at snow geese last February through my Benelli Montefeltro. Never had a singe Fiocchi hang up but I did have several Drylocks fail to eject. As far as performance on birds goes I couldn't tell any difference between the Fiocchi and the Winchester. I've always been a fan of Winchester Drylocks but in the future I'll be shooting the Fiocchi at snows.....way cheaper....got mine at Rogers too.

Quote Originally Posted by archer66 View Post
    I shot Fiocchi and Winchester Drylocks in 3 inch mag BB at snow geese last February through my Benelli Montefeltro. Never had a singe Fiocchi hang up but I did have several Drylocks fail to eject. As far as performance on birds goes I couldn't tell any difference between the Fiocchi and the Winchester. I've always been a fan of Winchester Drylocks but in the future I'll be shooting the Fiocchi at snows.....way cheaper....got mine at Rogers too.
    When should I show up for snows. I'm addicted to them buzzards. Plus the duck shows early in the morning is incredible. I saw more ducks my first year out there than I did in 3 years here in Ohio.

I like the Fiocchi's. I have shot a lot of them in various sizes and they are very good ammo. The only complaint I would have is they are kind of dirty. Not so bad that they make your gun hard to clean, but you notice the difference in amount of residue in the barrel.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke