The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolt Within The GOP

Default Revolt Within The GOP

Seems like I can't get through a News broadcast without hearing the word "Libertarian".

Will they takeover the GOP?

I seriouly doubt so as most of the challengers are only partially Libertarian. Yet, still a far cry from 4 years ago when one never heard or read the word Libertarian.

Rand Paul said a while back that the GOP needed to adopt some Libertarian ideals. Why not all of them?

Looks like Lindsey Graham is about done.
    http://www.theamericanconservative.c...ian-challenge/

There are nine so-called Libertarians running for governorships, zero four years ago. And, too many to name running for House and Senate seats not to mention the dozens running for State seats.

http://www.lp.org/

I attend quarterly meetings in Baton Rouge. Mostly young, I see educated whites, blacks and Asians who all share the desire for limited government and maximum freedom. Two goals not offered by the Dems and Repubs.
    Last edited by Franco; 08-14-2013 at 12:59 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Franco...nice try but you cannot equate Libertarians with Conservatives, some similar beliefs but not the same....Active Tea Party members represent true modern Conservatives - as always, Libertarians are welcome as long as you do not 'throw the baby out with the bath water' ! Also a Third Party only assures Democrats of wins in the elections, especially now when the Dems are building votes by growing unions and importing illegals. When I was younger I thought the 3rd party was a great idea, after watching this for over 40 years, including what Ross Perot did to us with Clinton....I do not believe the 3rd party is an option in todays world.

Actually, Libertarians are traditional Conservatives. What Conservative has changed to today, IS NOT what we would consider worthy.

In the Private Sector, when a brand is broken, it is discontinued. That describes today's GOP. Today's GOP only appeals to certain regions of the country and to white males over 55 years of age. That is their core. It has become a party that fails to inspire and grow its ranks.

The only way of reclaiming our Liberties is with the political party that truely represents them and it is not the Tea Party or the GOP. And no, we don't want to go along with the Repubs. We would rather talk about our vision and continue to grow a real political party!
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Graham is gone! At least I hope so. I can't find a person that likes him. I am worried about the primary. I wish Mace and Cash would drop off the ballot and let Bright and Graham duke it out. But the lowcountry folks look on us in the upstate as uncivilized barbarians. Nancy Mace has some baggage with her business that would come out and hurt her against Graham and she is not as libertarian as I would like. Neither is Bright, but he would be equal with Rand, and maybe one day could be as good as Justin Amash.

I will be voting for Bright.

And Libertarians, I would say are the only true conservatives left. Only in Classical liberalism do you have the freedom to be conservative. I am very fiscally conservative and very socially conservative personally, yet I don't think government should be my mother. Drugs should be legalized, wars should only be defensive (which means on our land or in the ocean), and free markets are the only fair markets. I would guess that many folks that say they are fiscally conservative are probably moderate.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Looks like Lindsey Graham is about done.
    http://www.theamericanconservative.c...ian-challenge/
    You're dreaming. I suppose it is possible the Democrats could come up with someone to beat him in the general election, but he isn't losing any sleep over these primary challengers anyway. Mace is kind of a hottie and the first female graduate of the Citadel but she was part of a smear campaign targeting the current (quite popular) Governor, which isn't going to endear her to the party. Even a big segment of the SC Tea Party won't touch her, so I don't see her putting together the $ and organization to run over Graham, but it will probably be respectable showing.

Lee Bright has no chance. None. He is a total nutjob who wants the State of SC to start its own currency.

And I am a registered Libertarian and frequent vote waster
    Last edited by DoubleHaul; 08-14-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    You're dreaming. I suppose it is possible the Democrats could come up with someone to beat him in the general election, but he isn't losing any sleep over these primary challengers anyway. Mace is kind of a hottie and the first female graduate of the Citadel but she was part of a smear campaign targeting the current (quite popular) Governor, which isn't going to endear her to the party. Even a big segment of the SC Tea Party won't touch her, so I don't see her putting together the $ and organization to run over Graham, but it will probably be respectable showing.

Lee Bright has no chance. None. He is a total nutjob who wants the State of SC to start its own currency.

And I am a registered Libertarian and frequent vote waster
    Lee Bright has a chance and I always question the authority of anyone who refers to either north or south Carolina as Cackalacky... That is heresy in my book. Lee is not a nut job, He is opening people eyes with crazy things such as our own currency. He knows that bill will get the attention of the media and show folks how unsound the US dollar is. He is a politician, and as a politician you never let the truth get in the way of a good story/headline

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Graham is gone! At least I hope so. I can't find a person that likes him. I am worried about the primary. I wish Mace and Cash would drop off the ballot and let Bright and Graham duke it out. But the lowcountry folks look on us in the upstate as uncivilized barbarians. Nancy Mace has some baggage with her business that would come out and hurt her against Graham and she is not as libertarian as I would like. Neither is Bright, but he would be equal with Rand, and maybe one day could be as good as Justin Amash.

I will be voting for Bright.

And Libertarians, I would say are the only true conservatives left. Only in Classical liberalism do you have the freedom to be conservative. I am very fiscally conservative and very socially conservative personally, yet I don't think government should be my mother. Drugs should be legalized, wars should only be defensive (which means on our land or in the ocean), and free markets are the only fair markets. I would guess that many folks that say they are fiscally conservative are probably moderate.

NeoCons would call you a social liberal They just don't understand much Conservative political history pre-Reagan.

I'm with you on these issues and if anyone wants to call me a social Liberal, I say, "so what"!

Mudminnow, have you ever talked to a black service member on any base in the world who was from either NC or SC and asked them where they are from? The answer you will get is Cackalacky. I am from SC. I first heard it at Scott AFB in IL when I met my roommate, who happened to be black. He asked me where I was from and when I told him, he said "oh Cackalacky huh?" I have Lived in military towns ever since and hear it almost every day.

Makes me envision palm trees swaying over Fort Sumter.
    Bill Davis

I have not, but just because people do it doesn't make it right

I heard folks say it in Charleston when I lived there, but anywhere outside of Charleston(or any other town with a lot of military) if you say kackalacky, the next question you get is "so, where are you from originally?"

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Franco...nice try but you cannot equate Libertarians with Conservatives, some similar beliefs but not the same....Active Tea Party members represent true modern Conservatives - as always, Libertarians are welcome as long as you do not 'throw the baby out with the bath water' ! Also a Third Party only assures Democrats of wins in the elections, especially now when the Dems are building votes by growing unions and importing illegals. When I was younger I thought the 3rd party was a great idea, after watching this for over 40 years, including what Ross Perot did to us with Clinton....I do not believe the 3rd party is an option in todays world.
    Could you show some figures that show that the Dems are growing unions? All the figures I see don't back your claim. Seems to me the Republicans are competing for the illegal votes by attempting to import them also.