The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolt Within The GOP

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I am very fiscally conservative and very socially conservative personally, yet I don't think government should be my mother. Drugs should be legalized, wars should only be defensive (which means on our land or in the ocean), and free markets are the only fair markets. I would guess that many folks that say they are fiscally conservative are probably moderate.
    This has me thinking. I thought I was fiscally and socially conservative until I read this.
    What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Graham is gone! At least I hope so. I can't find a person that likes him. I am worried about the primary. I wish Mace and Cash would drop off the ballot and let Bright and Graham duke it out. But the lowcountry folks look on us in the upstate as uncivilized barbarians. Nancy Mace has some baggage with her business that would come out and hurt her against Graham and she is not as libertarian as I would like. Neither is Bright, but he would be equal with Rand, and maybe one day could be as good as Justin Amash.

I will be voting for Bright.

And Libertarians, I would say are the only true conservatives left. Only in Classical liberalism do you have the freedom to be conservative. I am very fiscally conservative and very socially conservative personally, yet I don't think government should be my mother. Drugs should be legalized, wars should only be defensive (which means on our land or in the ocean), and free markets are the only fair markets. I would guess that many folks that say they are fiscally conservative are probably moderate.
    I hope you only mean marijuana, because IMO legalizing cocaine,heroin,meth and LSD could lead to a collapse of our society as we know it
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I hope you only mean marijuana, because IMO legalizing cocaine,heroin,meth and LSD could lead to a collapse of our society as we know it
    Alomost every country in the world who have legalized drugs see a DROP in use. This so-called war on drugs in this country is crazy. I am an emergency room nurse and the drugs that fly out of the ER for so-called pain issues is insane. I could write a book on the abuses in the ER but legalizing drugs is the answer. So if they legalize drugs today how many of you are going to start heroin use tomorrow? I thought so none, my point is stop the spending on incarceration, law enforcement, and spend on treatment programs and then tax the marijuana growers. I have yet to see someone stoned beat each other up. Second how is anyone's smoking a joint on vacation at a camp fire endangering themselves or anyone else. This crap is crazy!

"This ain't Burger King, you don't get it your way"

Backwater's Ole' Crow Medicine Show SH "Raven" BLF 7/26/11 (NFC FC AFC Hunter's Run Boo Boo x AFC Beat The Rush)
    Backwater's Gun Powder 'N' Lead "Trigger" BLF 6/30/12 ( FC AFC CJ's Mister T x FC Queen Winhelmina of the Netherlands)
    Backwater's Biker Trash "Scooter" BLM 9/6/2013 (FC AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger x Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA)

If I may, A third party may help the democrats in the short term, but with the strong and growing divides in the republican party it is getting difficult for everyone to be covered by that one umbrella. There are at least three major divisions in the party that are not going to work themselves out. The sooner the party splits the better everyone will be represented.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I would be happy with the legalization of marijuana, but I don't need a law that tells me not to do cocaine, heroin, meth and LSD. I know there are consequences for those actions (not unlike the consequences of antidepressants and stimulants that are handed out like candy by doctors). I would argue that more lives each year are ruined by alcohol and tobacco than other illegal drugs. If we used the money we spend on the drug wars to actually teach people common sense, we would do a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Backwater View Post
    Alomost every country in the world who have legalized drugs see a DROP in use. This so-called war on drugs in this country is crazy. I am an emergency room nurse and the drugs that fly out of the ER for so-called pain issues is insane. I could write a book on the abuses in the ER but legalizing drugs is the answer. So if they legalize drugs today how many of you are going to start heroin use tomorrow? I thought so none, my point is stop the spending on incarceration, law enforcement, and spend on treatment programs and then tax the marijuana growers. I have yet to see someone stoned beat each other up. Second how is anyone's smoking a joint on vacation at a camp fire endangering themselves or anyone else. This crap is crazy!
    HMMMMMM, interesting, yet we need MORE GUN LAWS!!!!

Libertarianism sounds a lot alike the liberal ideal of the 60's in that it hoped to reduce government influence in peoples lives so that they could live more freely. It was a dream then and a dream now. The monster may be too big to tackle.
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Could you show some figures that show that the Dems are growing unions? All the figures I see don't back your claim. Seems to me the Republicans are competing for the illegal votes by attempting to import them also.
    MN...show me your numbers and sources....the only Repubs...."competing" are the RINO's and that is the problem....

Graham is gone! At least I hope so. I can't find a person that likes him. I am worried about the primary. I wish Mace and Cash would drop off the ballot and let Bright and Graham duke it out. But the lowcountry folks look on us in the upstate as uncivilized barbarians. Nancy Mace has some baggage with her business that would come out and hurt her against Graham and she is not as libertarian as I would like. Neither is Bright, but he would be equal with Rand, and maybe one day could be as good as Justin Amash.

I will be voting for Bright.

And Libertarians, I would say are the only true conservatives left. Only in Classical liberalism do you have the freedom to be conservative. I am very fiscally conservative and very socially conservative personally, yet I don't think government should be my mother. Drugs should be legalized, wars should only be defensive (which means on our land or in the ocean), and free markets are the only fair markets. I would guess that many folks that say they are fiscally conservative are probably moderate.
    I think we agree a lot on the issues, but when talking about the "GOP Revolt" (the topic of this thread)...why are we going into illegal drugs???

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    MN...show me your numbers and sources....the only Repubs...."competing" are the RINO's and that is the problem....
    Not to tough to find, pretty much every source out there shows your statement is hogwash.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...are-shrinking/