The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 84

Thread: Revolt Within The GOP

  1. #51
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    so whats your take on 9/11, "them arabs just hate us cause we are 'mericans"? And that is the idea presented in the mainstream media and both democrats and republicans agree on that. Pearl Harbor was awful, I wish FDR had warned the base before the attack because he knew, its history. And history shows that FDR was just salivating over a war with Germany but the American public at that time did not want to fight another war. So instead of policies that promoted peace, he egged on the Japanese so they finally attacked us and viola, we had a reason for the war. So many people throw out the 6 million jews argument. Yes the Holocaust was awful, so bad in fact that I wish the Allies would have worked with the German resistance to overthrow Hitler in 1941 as opposed to having total war raged in Europe for 4 more years and millions of jews murdered. What did we do though when 10+million people were being murdered under stalin, what should we do about the genocide in Africa? What should be done about the hundreds of innocents killed by our drone strikes?

    Should we go to war every time a people group is oppressed? That's a better reason then what we have been using the past few wars.

    I love the idea of America and that is what my grandfather fought for in the pacific theater where he was shot at Okinawa. I believe that if he were still around though, he would agree that war is a racket and it tends to take advantage of the lower income classes.
    My take on 9/11 - The Muslin Faith requires followers to kill all non-muslin people. The USA is the top target because we are the number one power in the world and we support Israel. Bottom line they attacked us, so we have to try to take out their leaders and infrastructure to avoid future occurrences. I agree that fighting a continuing war is stupid, especially when we limit what our soldiers can do in battle... On Pearl Harbor....some authors suggest FDR knew about the attack in time to warn our Navy...but most agree that we all new something was coming but we did not know when or where. I do not think we can police the world and I disagree with our involvement in Korea, Viet Nam, and Afghanistan, after Bin Laudin (sp?) was killed. Some of the other police actions were wrong also, but I agreed with the Bush's attacking Iraq both times, we just stayed their to long following Iraq II. My Father fought and was wounded in Germany in April of 1945, he is gone now, but he had a strong resolve that we as American's must step forward when our allies are being attacked or when we are attacked. He learned this from watching the war develop in Europe, when FDR and others set on their hands.....the reason the USA has to do this is like Reagan once said, I paraphrase...if we don't step in, who else will?

  2. #52
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Because there are certain provisions for States to determine their own laws. Though Federal law trumps State laws. Personally, I am tired of the abortion debate and letting the states determine which is best for them hopefully will lay the agruement to rest and just maybe we can go onto more important issues. For instance, the state of Mississippi should not determine how the people of Michigan should live or impact their laws. Yes, we have "right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" and the debate is whether a fetus is life.

    Both Ron and Rand personally oppose abortion. However, as strict Constitutionalist they are trying to work within that system. Yes Ron is a Libertarian and Rand was more of a Libertarian before he became more pragamatic in trying to work within the Repub Party. Libertarians have been very critical of Rand because many feel he is being corrupted by the Repubs and is compromising Liberty. Though he had publicly stated that the Repubs need to adobt more Libertarian ideals, is he hiding his Libertarian core or has he really been corrupted? Both have also stated that the issues of Gay Rights and MJ should also be determined by the states. More power to the states and less power for the Feds, basiclly.

    Rand does support aide to Isreal. Giving aide to the Muslim world should be a no no. Ron would stop all Foreign Aide and I support that position. Isreal is loaded with money and weapons. The IDF is as well equiped and trained as any military in the world.
    Franco, you disappoint me when you comment on abortion "tired of this debate" and that the "debate is whether a fetus is life". Every fetus is alive, life begins at conception! THIS IS A FACT! Every human fetus has the potential to develop into a CHILD! After six weeks the fetus has fully developed hands, feet and we now know that at this age they feel pain......so at what stage are you comfortable with killing this life and all of its tomorrows? Funny that someone with your passion for debate on issues, finds one of our most fundamental rights such as life, boring.....If that is what the Libertarian Youth is all about I want nothing to do with it! I like Rand Paul but I think his Dad is a certifiable NUT! But Rand is doomed from higher office because he cannot shake the concerns that he may be hiding a Libertarian center.

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    426

    Default

    So should all muslims be killed? And I would encourage ou to study middle eastern history before 9/11. The US was regarded as a great friend to Iran, Iraq, and many other countries that have given us so many problems. We acted like imperialists with Britain to get their oil and the government funded companies took advantage of the people they hired. I really would encourage you to read "All the Shah's Men" by Kinzer. In the 1950's we had a great opportunity for good relations in iran and instead we overthrew their democratically elected leader and placed an extremist leader which sowed the seeds for the Shiites in the future. The leader who was Mossadegh, followed a form of islam that was only violent wen attacked and very tolerant of other religions.

    It scares me to think that you think that the muslim faith requires followers to kill all muslim people. That would be like me saying that all Christians should follow the beliefs of the Westboro Baptist church. The roots of islam (Sufiism) in Iran historically have many Zoroastrianism ties and is much more tolerant than you would believe. In fact they just elected a very moderate candidate for prime minister that wants to work with us for peace. We are putting into power and arming branches of Islam that are not tolerant to other faiths at all. Many communities of Christians that have been around since the apostles walked the earth are being wiped out due to our foreign policy.

  4. #54
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Franco, you disappoint me when you comment on abortion "tired of this debate" and that the "debate is whether a fetus is life". Every fetus is alive, life begins at conception! THIS IS A FACT! Every human fetus has the potential to develop into a CHILD! After six weeks the fetus has fully developed hands, feet and we now know that at this age they feel pain......so at what stage are you comfortable with killing this life and all of its tomorrows? Funny that someone with your passion for debate on issues, finds one of our most fundamental rights such as life, boring.....If that is what the Libertarian Youth is all about I want nothing to do with it! I like Rand Paul but I think his Dad is a certifiable NUT! But Rand is doomed from higher office because he cannot shake the concerns that he may be hiding a Libertarian center.
    Most of America does not agree with your assessment of life and that is why it is still a debate. I suggest you Google Gallups Polls on abortion and women's views on abortion. I'll add that this is still a losing issue for the Repubs and the 2-%-3% difference could have given the Repubs the White House in the last election. Allowing states to determine their own abortion policy gives the anti-choice crowd a way of ending it within their state. As you have it now, abortion is legal in all 50 states. Wouldn't having some states abolish abortions be better than nothing for the anti-choice supporters? The one issue will continue to cost the Repubs at elections. The abortion issue overshadows other issues and is one major reason those other issues do not get the time they deserve! The reality is that abortion will never be outlawed nationally. May be better to take some states off the table than lose the entire country. But, probably too pragmatic for them. From the NeoCon website, Newsmax http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/NBC...1/22/id/472394
    Last edited by Franco; 08-16-2013 at 10:39 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    MN, if you go back and check, I asked for your data.....I see you provided none....regardless let me clarify anyway....the raw numbers of Union workers in the USA have, as you say, dropped continually for some time. This is due to the unemployment in the last 5 years coupled with the decline in America manufacturing over the last two decades. But if you look at the number of union workers as a % of the total work force you will see that it is increasing, dramatically. Partially due to the massive Growth of the Government and partially due to the billions of dollars Obama and his administration have pored into the union...I hope that clears up my point...keeping it "truthful"...
    To set the record straight, I asked you in post #10 for your data and you provided none........... THEN you asked me for data and I provided it, which happened to disprove your post. Now you continue with the lies which aren't necessary. If I wanted to listen to lies I would remove UB from the ignore list.
    Last edited by mngundog; 08-16-2013 at 09:13 PM.

  6. #56
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Most of America does not agree with your assessment of life and that is why it is still a debate. I suggest you Google Gallups Polls on abortion and women's views on abortion. I'll add that this is still a losing issue for the Repubs and the 2-%-3% difference could have given the Repubs the White House in the last election. Allowing states to determine their own abortion policy gives the anti-choice crowd a way of ending it within their state. As you have it now, abortion is legal in all 50 states. Wouldn't having some states abolish abortions be better than nothing for the anti-choice supporters? The one issue will continue to cost the Repubs at elections. The abortion issue overshadows other issues and is one major reason those other issues do not get the time they deserve! The reality is that abortion will never be outlawed nationally. May be better to take some states off the table than lose the entire country. But, probably too pragmatic for them. From the NeoCon website, Newsmax http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/NBC...1/22/id/472394
    Most of America does NOT believe in indiscriminant abortion.
    Show me 1 popular vote that show most of the voters support abortion.

    Not a select poll, a VOTE of every constituent.

    The secular progressives use it as 1 of thier devisive wedges to create HATE!

    Want to talk about a revolt within a party?
    Let's talk about DA UNIONs.
    Hook, line and sinker for Obama care.
    How they likin' dat now?


    In regards to drugs (the resident Libertarians center piece), show me one success story where the achiever claims they owe their success to drug and alcohol abuse.

    I am not holding my breath.

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post


    In regards to drugs (the resident Libertarians center piece), show me one success story where the achiever claims they owe their success to drug and alcohol abuse.

    I am not holding my breath.
    It's not the centerpiece, but I will show you a few "success stories". Jim beam, Budweiser, jack daniels, yeungling, and any other brewery or distillery that made it through prohibition. Many people abuse their products each year and when they were made illegal, still just as many or more people abused them.

    For drugs the success stories are privately operated prisons, Mexican drug cartels, and coca cola. There are whole economies supported by the incarceration of people for insignificant drug crimes. And as long as the drugs are illegal the Mexican drug cartels will thrive because demand is high and supply is low. If it is legalized, drug cartels Re gone due to free market competition. And coca cola was made popular after folks enjoyed the cocaine buzz they got from it.

    Personal liberty and personal responsibility run hand in hand

  8. #58
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,047

    Default

    RK... you need to get high before having this debate with Franco and Mudminnow for it to make any sense Don't forget the munchies!
    Bill Davis

  9. #59
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    RK... you need to get high before having this debate with Franco and Mudminnow for it to make any sense Don't forget the munchies!
    It's pretty sad.

    I guess Doritos falls into the success due to drugs category as well.

    I don't know how I exist without drugs or alcohol.
    Evidently all the kids I coached and all the time telling them drugs don't make you feel better, just different, self achievement and hard work make you feel better, was all BS, because leftys and want them some blunts!!!!

  10. #60
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    It's not the centerpiece, but I will show you a few "success stories". Jim beam, Budweiser, jack daniels, yeungling, and any other brewery or distillery that made it through prohibition. Many people abuse their products each year and when they were made illegal, still just as many or more people abused them.

    For drugs the success stories are privately operated prisons, Mexican drug cartels, and coca cola. There are whole economies supported by the incarceration of people for insignificant drug crimes. And as long as the drugs are illegal the Mexican drug cartels will thrive because demand is high and supply is low. If it is legalized, drug cartels Re gone due to free market competition. And coca cola was made popular after folks enjoyed the cocaine buzz they got from it.

    Personal liberty and personal responsibility run hand in hand
    Then enlighten us.....what is?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •