The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Revolt Within The GOP

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    To set the record straight, I asked you in post #10 for your data and you provided none........... THEN you asked me for data and I provided it, which happened to disprove your post. Now you continue with the lies which aren't necessary. If I wanted to listen to lies I would remove UB from the ignore list.
    MN...you continue to babble....as do most liberals, when confronted with truth and logic...they just babble....are you really suggesting that Union membership, as a % of total employed workers, has not increased over the last 5 years....I stated the reasons why this is happening in my last post.. and I see no data in any of your posts (data = facts and figures with sources of the data).......as far as "data" you asked me for it first, which I felt compelled to ask for your "data" because the basis for your first post was based on this so called information and facts you had. Maybe you should read my posts a bit more carefully......and stop name calling......

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Most of America does not agree with your assessment of life and that is why it is still a debate. I suggest you Google Gallups Polls on abortion and women's views on abortion. I'll add that this is still a losing issue for the Repubs and the 2-%-3% difference could have given the Repubs the White House in the last election. Allowing states to determine their own abortion policy gives the anti-choice crowd a way of ending it within their state. As you have it now, abortion is legal in all 50 states. Wouldn't having some states abolish abortions be better than nothing for the anti-choice supporters? The one issue will continue to cost the Repubs at elections. The abortion issue overshadows other issues and is one major reason those other issues do not get the time they deserve! The reality is that abortion will never be outlawed nationally. May be better to take some states off the table than lose the entire country. But, probably too pragmatic for them. From the NeoCon website, Newsmax http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/NBC...1/22/id/472394
    Gallup - the same organization that forecasted Romney would win the last election...so much for that....I have know doubt that many young women of child bearing age, support abortion. Our educational system has been feeding them this crud since they started school, most of their parents failed to expose then to religion or provide some other moral compass. Additionally, very few of them have studied human anatomy or any form of science that would show them the truth. So it may be that our "uninformed voters" continue to walk a path of both moral and societal decay! And if you are a religious person, a sinful way. And the fact still remains that every day, young American women are committing genocide, killing unborn children....who stands up for them? I may be willing to debate exactly when following conception we call it murder....but at some point it is murder ....and Franco your generation will have to live with the results of this ongoing assault to society and God!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Most of America does not agree with your assessment of life and that is why it is still a debate. I suggest you Google Gallups Polls on abortion and women's views on abortion. I'll add that this is still a losing issue for the Repubs and the 2-%-3% difference could have given the Repubs the White House in the last election. Allowing states to determine their own abortion policy gives the anti-choice crowd a way of ending it within their state. As you have it now, abortion is legal in all 50 states. Wouldn't having some states abolish abortions be better than nothing for the anti-choice supporters? The one issue will continue to cost the Repubs at elections. The abortion issue overshadows other issues and is one major reason those other issues do not get the time they deserve! The reality is that abortion will never be outlawed nationally. May be better to take some states off the table than lose the entire country. But, probably too pragmatic for them. From the NeoCon website, Newsmax http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/NBC...1/22/id/472394
    HOw about we as taxpayers just draw a line and say IF YOU BREED IT YOU FEED IT? That may just work. At least I would not be forced to pay for their lack of control!
    I have zero opinion on abortion vs birth other than I SHOULD NOT PAY FOR EITHER CHOICE!!!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Then enlighten us.....what is?
    Liberty, freedom to prosper and freedom to fail. Freedom thrives in times of peace and is whittled away during war. Prosperity thrives in times of peace.
    For the record I have never smoked pot nor have a huge desire for it. If it was legalized I may use it occasionally but it would be a lot like tobacco where when I was eighteen I tried cigars, then got bored. Regarding other drugs, being that I am a prescriber of schedule II narcotics I have a better understanding of how drugs affect people than most folks on this board. I see te awful reprecussions every week of illegal and legal drugs. But if you want to bring every libertarian debate back to drugs assuming that we all our potheads, then I realize that logic and liberty are ideas that you fail to embrace.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    So should all muslims be killed? And I would encourage ou to study middle eastern history before 9/11. The US was regarded as a great friend to Iran, Iraq, and many other countries that have given us so many problems. We acted like imperialists with Britain to get their oil and the government funded companies took advantage of the people they hired. I really would encourage you to read "All the Shah's Men" by Kinzer. In the 1950's we had a great opportunity for good relations in iran and instead we overthrew their democratically elected leader and placed an extremist leader which sowed the seeds for the Shiites in the future. The leader who was Mossadegh, followed a form of islam that was only violent wen attacked and very tolerant of other religions.

It scares me to think that you think that the muslim faith requires followers to kill all muslim people. That would be like me saying that all Christians should follow the beliefs of the Westboro Baptist church. The roots of islam (Sufiism) in Iran historically have many Zoroastrianism ties and is much more tolerant than you would believe. In fact they just elected a very moderate candidate for prime minister that wants to work with us for peace. We are putting into power and arming branches of Islam that are not tolerant to other faiths at all. Many communities of Christians that have been around since the apostles walked the earth are being wiped out due to our foreign policy.
    Muddymind...like most illogical thinking Liberals, you have to make stuff up as you go.....we are at war with Radical Muslims, as you darn well know...additionally, like most liberals you pick a point in time to try and make you logic work...the Christian World has been at war with the Muslim world for over 2000 years...and you pick 1950....what could of should of happened is not relevant to what has happened in my life time as innocent Christians and Jews have been murdered by radical Muslims. Granted we have killed some of their women and children, but not as targets of terror. In war innocents get killed, but only terrorists will purposely kill innocents. Perhaps a little common since is necessary for you to make since of it all...your lecture on Islam is irrelevant when we are talking about radical muslins killing innocents....

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Muddymind...like most illogical thinking Liberals, you have to make stuff up as you go.....we are at war with Radical Muslims, as you darn well know...additionally, like most liberals you pick a point in time to try and make you logic work...the Christian World has been at war with the Muslim world for over 2000 years...and you pick 1950....what could of should of happened is not relevant to what has happened in my life time as innocent Christians and Jews have been murdered by radical Muslims. Granted we have killed some of their women and children, but not as targets of terror. In war innocents get killed, but only terrorists will purposely kill innocents. Perhaps a little common since is necessary for you to make since of it all...your lecture on Islam is irrelevant when we are talking about radical muslins killing innocents....
    Since I know you want to keep your facts straight... Islam has not been around for 2000 years
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

I wish it was just radical Muslims killing innocents. Here is a news clip you won't see on Fox News or CNN. The best part is the mans testimony that starts around two minutes.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PelxKNv...%3DPelxKNvl-ds

Lots of wars and conflicts have been done with religion used as the reason.

There are fanatics in all cultures and religions. Some act out more than others.

I am enjoying the exchange but I think we kind of moved away from the original post.
    What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    MN...you continue to babble....as do most liberals, when confronted with truth and logic...they just babble....are you really suggesting that Union membership, as a % of total employed workers, has not increased over the last 5 years....I stated the reasons why this is happening in my last post.. and I see no data in any of your posts (data = facts and figures with sources of the data).......as far as "data" you asked me for it first, which I felt compelled to ask for your "data" because the basis for your first post was based on this so called information and facts you had. Maybe you should read my posts a bit more carefully......and stop name calling......
    You are beginning to sound like Obama the way you try to twist and turn words around to suit your needs after you were proven wrong, typical liberal....

Story in yesterday's NPR on-line.

"That is a demographic that they(GOP) desperately need to do better with," he says. "That socially liberal, economically conservative, non-interventionist policy stance popular among libertarians is very appealing to younger, college-age people. ... Some of these people are disaffected Obama voters who have been turned off by the Obama administration's national security policies and foreign policies and interventionism."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolit...take-limelight
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson