The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Revolt Within The GOP

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Liberty, freedom to prosper and freedom to fail. Freedom thrives in times of peace and is whittled away during war. Prosperity thrives in times of peace.
    For the record I have never smoked pot nor have a huge desire for it. If it was legalized I may use it occasionally but it would be a lot like tobacco where when I was eighteen I tried cigars, then got bored. Regarding other drugs, being that I am a prescriber of schedule II narcotics I have a better understanding of how drugs affect people than most folks on this board. I see te awful reprecussions every week of illegal and legal drugs. But if you want to bring every libertarian debate back to drugs assuming that we all our potheads, then I realize that logic and liberty are ideas that you fail to embrace.
    Mud, what you write is going right over their heads. This thread is a prime example of why the Repub Party has a dim futue!

Libertarinism, Freedom with Responsibility!
    Last edited by Franco; 08-18-2013 at 08:08 AM.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

I may be willing to debate exactly when following conception we call it murder....but at some point it is murder ....and Franco your generation will have to live with the results of this ongoing assault to society and God!
    I would love to debate you on this subject,,sounds like fun. Tough to do on a puter.

Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Story in yesterday's NPR on-line.

"That is a demographic that they(GOP) desperately need to do better with," he says. "That socially liberal, economically conservative, non-interventionist policy stance popular among libertarians is very appealing to younger, college-age people. ... Some of these people are disaffected Obama voters who have been turned off by the Obama administration's national security policies and foreign policies and interventionism."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolit...take-limelight
    WOW Franco, NPR is a "really" good source.....not biased, all trying to present both sides.....same place you get most of your data....

The big question of the day is which came first the availability and use of drugs or the Libertarian Party.....? I think we can find a correlation....

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    You are beginning to sound like Obama the way you try to twist and turn words around to suit your needs after you were proven wrong, typical liberal....
    Calm down now, don't let all this get you upset....like you, their is a thread of truth in everything I say! LIBERAL NOT.......HOW ABOUT YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    The big question of the day is which came first the availability and use of drugs or the Libertarian Party.....? I think we can find a correlation....
    You really are clueless. You arguements are 100% emotional with zero facts as has been pointed out by others!

In regard to drug abuse, the drug cartles love people who think like you.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Mud, what you write is going right over their heads. This thread is a prime example of why the Repub Party has a dim futue!
    Libertarinism, Freedom with Responsibility!
    And why the Libertarian Party has NO future!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    What the heck was this uninformed, uneducated comment from? Never ceases to amaze me the ignorance of the American people, never.

"This ain't Burger King, you don't get it your way"

Backwater's Ole' Crow Medicine Show SH "Raven" BLF 7/26/11 (NFC FC AFC Hunter's Run Boo Boo x AFC Beat The Rush)
    Backwater's Gun Powder 'N' Lead "Trigger" BLF 6/30/12 ( FC AFC CJ's Mister T x FC Queen Winhelmina of the Netherlands)
    Backwater's Biker Trash "Scooter" BLM 9/6/2013 (FC AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger x Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA)

From today's The Atlantic on-line.

"libertarian ideas are very deeply rooted in America. Skepticism about power and about government, individualism, the idea that we're all equal under the law, free enterprise, getting ahead in the world through your own hard work -- all of those ideas are very fundamentally American. Obviously, from a libertarian point of view, America nonetheless has done a whole lot of things, from slavery to Obamacare, that offend some number of those libertarian values, but the core libertarian attitude is still there"

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...8785/#comments

The only good ideas coming out of the GOP today are Libertarian!
    Last edited by Franco; 08-18-2013 at 01:47 PM.

From today's The Atlantic on-line.

"libertarian ideas are very deeply rooted in America. Skepticism about power and about government, individualism, the idea that we're all equal under the law, free enterprise, getting ahead in the world through your own hard work -- all of those ideas are very fundamentally American. Obviously, from a libertarian point of view, America nonetheless has done a whole lot of things, from slavery to Obamacare, that offend some number of those libertarian values, but the core libertarian attitude is still there"

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...8785/#comments

The only good ideas coming out of the GOP today are Libertarian!
    Franco....the Republicans were here with ideas, long before the Libertarians even existed. Also, this article you referenced, actually hit my key point in the last paragraph "My guess is that Rand Paul will make a serious bid for the Republican nomination. If had to bet on Rand Paul versus the field, I'd take the field." The only thing Libertarians will do in the next two elections, is help Marxist Democrats continue to get elected.